Prospect Info: Filip Mesar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
I will keep my reservation because its his D+2 in junior league but we have to admit he is too strong for his league right now.

That would be awesome and a step forward if he can make the team next year and emerges as a top 6 forward

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
I will keep my reservation because its his D+2 in junior league but we have to admit he is too strong for his league right now.

That would be awesome and a step forward if he can make the team next year and emerges as a top 6 forward
Well here is a player that was sent down because not ready for bigger things, and seems to flourish and get confidence and he may be good for the next level next year.

Amazing, I would never have thought that this could work for other players...

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
the funny thing is he said almost?
Obviously, if he has 0 points in the next 11 games he will be PPG after 22 games.
It was an early morning joke, I guess I need more coffee... or you guys do.

The almost is key though. while he will have at least 22 pts with this teams injury luck the 22 games is no guarantee.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Well here is a player that was sent down because not ready for bigger things, and seems to flourish and get confidence and he may be good for the next level next year.

That is the nuance

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

Well he seems to be improving his game down there. So maybe he 'outgrows' the league later in the year but if he can keep improving and shoring up the little things while he continues to dominate statistically then that would be great.

Reactions: Paddyjack

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022

i'll tell you what happened, Management is too stupid to differentiate an orange from a lemon. They told Houle to help them out. Little did they know Houle has myopia on one eye and hyperopia on the other.

What changed is that he's now playing more minutes on the first line and he's on the 1st PP with a teammate he played most of the season last year and who got better at scoring goals and reading plays. He for sure developed a little bit but there's no way he got 2x better from last year. He was misunderstood and under appreciated for the most part.

If Mesar ends up with a 2.1x ish PPG and he doesn't get a legit shot at an NHL spot next year, he's got the right to be upset, him and his agent.

Reactions: APolariz

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
In my mind, he have the skillest of a very good top 6 NHL player. I think people need to be happy with this pick even if Habs pass on Kulich or Lambert.

Reactions: Pomee

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
In my mind, he have the skillest of a very good top 6 NHL player. I think people need to be happy with this pick even if Habs pass on Kulich or Lambert.
People should be happy he has to success he does right now. But who should have gone where will happen at the NHL level. As of right now, I still could congratulate him for being lights out at the junior level and STILL think that he doesn't have what it takes right now to elevate his game.

Mesar makes me think of Balej or Andrighetto (and even Ghetto was a bulldog). Way more than he make me think of Pastrnak or Kucherov.

There are players like that that will see the AHL to be the highest level they can play in. I mean...most people are like that. And it's fine. Heck of an accomplishment. And as player, you can make that a living. But as a NHL organization that's not the end goal.

I really hope I'm wrong. Nothing more I'd like is to eat crow. But I just stick to my opinion as my opinion was never about him not being able to have success at junior level....but at the NHL level.

The funny part is this...for some, sending him back is great with his confidence. Yes, the same will say that others don't have to do that. While every player is different I still wonder....are players that different that confidence is not ALWAYS something a player need?

Don D

Oct 15, 2017
People should be happy he has to success he does right now. But who should have gone where will happen at the NHL level. As of right now, I still could congratulate him for being lights out at the junior level and STILL think that he doesn't have what it takes right now to elevate his game.

Mesar makes me think of Balej or Andrighetto (and even Ghetto was a bulldog). Way more than he make me think of Pastrnak or Kucherov.

There are players like that that will see the AHL to be the highest level they can play in. I mean...most people are like that. And it's fine. Heck of an accomplishment. And as player, you can make that a living. But as a NHL organization that's not the end goal.

I really hope I'm wrong. Nothing more I'd like is to eat crow. But I just stick to my opinion as my opinion was never about him not being able to have success at junior level....but at the NHL level.

The funny part is this...for some, sending him back is great with his confidence. Yes, the same will say that others don't have to do that. While every player is different I still wonder....are players that different that confidence is not ALWAYS something a player need?
In my opinion, Pastrnak and Kucherov, who are both "heavier" than Mesar, are not good comparaisons. I see him more of a Koivu "light"! Hope he is able to surpass all our "expectations" and develop into a helpful contributor for Les Habitants!! That would be helpful for the organization.

Reactions: Runner77

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
In my opinion, Pastrnak and Kucherov, who are both "heavier" than Mesar, are not good comparaisons. I see him more of a Koivu "light"! Hope he is able to surpass all our "expectations" and develop into a helpful contributor for Les Habitants!! That would be helpful for the organization.
Comparison was mostly about ultra skilled forward that are first and foremost seen as offensive onese with work to do in neutral and defensive zone.

Kucherov was 174 when he was playing Juniors.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016

I agree with you. What we see so far in OHL, it's very encouraging even if is a 19 years old at OHL. He show better promise than last year. The skill is there. The talent is there. I'm more hype with Engstrom, Beck and Hutson pick's than Mesar, but they drafted a talented forward with him. That's for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad