Prospect Info: Filip Mesar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
1 Goal so far... WASSUP!!

Btw Mesar got bumped into the first line on the right wing
I was worried you were starting to sour on him!

Honestly, when I see him at his best, I don't think you're being that hyperbolic with him. I'm head over heels with his skill set too.

I just hope he and Beck don't cool off like they did last year. Though Mesar cooled off far quicker. Production wise at least.

If these two can hit their ceilings (amongst others of course) we could be in terrific shape up front.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
I was worried you were starting to sour on him!

Honestly, when I see him at his best, I don't think you're being that hyperbolic with him. I'm head over heels with his skill set too.

I just hope he and Beck don't cool off like they did last year. Though Mesar cooled off far quicker. Production wise at least.

If these two can hit their ceilings (amongst others of course) we could be in terrific shape up front.

It's unfortunate he has regressed from last year. Hes not as sharp, his passes are sometimes careless causing bad turnovers... one of them costed a goal in this game and his positioning or lack of when he doesn't have the puck confuses his teammates who are obviously like wtf are you doing man..
It's good that he's in the OHL for a second year and away from Slaf. It will be fun to see how he handles the second year.

Beck is doing pretty good, top 8 in the OHL

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
If you mean Grant is a joke, then yes. It makes sense.
i know that sometime he goes far and can be very rude, but as a member of his site, i can say that there are a lot of very good stuffs there.
There was an internal war here between him and WTK who made and still make a personal vendetta to destroy the reputation of Grant's opinions/credibility. He just did it once again.

Funny part is that many fans still believe he's just an idiot without brain or an imposter

Reactions: HankyZetts

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Was this his first game on the first line? How did he do?

I think he was moved up to the first line in the previous game mid way through.

He's getting better every game, he did some nice entry zones., i think this year he's going to dominate the OHL because the coach seems to trust him.

Without the puck his self awareness is non existent, he often gets into places where other teammates are, he likes to float alot and he finds himself behind the puck carrier for absolutely no reason.

Reactions: Guess

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
I think he was moved up to the first line in the previous game mid way through.

He's getting better every game, he did some nice entry zones., i think this year he's going to dominate the OHL because the coach seems to trust him.

Without the puck his self awareness is non existent, he often gets into places where other teammates are, he likes to float alot and he finds himself behind the puck carrier for absolutely no reason.

Looks like he's got a lot to work on, hopefully he has the work ethic since he'll be getting lots of reps. Could it just be that he's hasn't adapted to the system yet? A lot of that stuff off the puck becomes automated as you get used to a new system.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Mesar was much better last night than in previous games. They changed up the lines and put him with Rehkopf and Martin and they had chemistry. All the elements are top line needs.

I’m giving Mesar a couple weeks to learn their style. He’s showing signs of getting there. More short, high percentage passes with motion so he doesn’t get painted into a corner like last year. Still one lazy backcheck, but normally it was 4 or 5, so Ahokas is getting through to him I think. Always. Move. Your. Feet.
Wanted Rehkopf with the Habs 2nd rounder and was hoping the Habs would draft Martin in the later rounds, or just sign him.

Hopefully they give Martin an AHL contract for next season.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
i know that sometime he goes far and can be very rude, but as a member of his site, i can say that there are a lot of very good stuffs there.
There was an internal war here between him and WTK who made and still make a personal vendetta to destroy the reputation of Grant's opinions/credibility. He just did it once again.

Funny part is that many fans still believe he's just an idiot without brain or an imposter
Any good stuff was erased by the fact that he was extremely rude and could, in fact, actually be wrong at times. He'd never admit that of course.

Which you don't see in the NHL preseason or the AHL.

He clearly thinks he's above the OHL and treats it accordingly.

It's the biggest reason I'm worried about him. He's clearly a player who will pout if he's moved down the lineup, etc. His offensive talent is just insane though.

Reactions: jrom and Guess

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Wanted Rehkopf with the Habs 2nd rounder and was hoping the Habs would draft Martin in the later rounds, or just sign him.

Hopefully they give Martin an AHL contract for next season.
The trouble was how poorly KIT was coached last year. All of them looked like very flawed players because no one was addressing their weaknesses and helping them improve.

Now that it is happening, teams like Seattle and Vancouver got steals by grabbing Rehkopf and Brzustewicz about 20 picks lower than they should have gone.

Martin has pro tools for sure. As his game matures, he’s worthy of a project opportunity. Can easily see him with a rounded enough skill set to play various roles.

Reactions: Habsrule

GTA

Jul 12, 2012
Toronto
The trouble was how poorly KIT was coached last year. All of them looked like very flawed players because no one was addressing their weaknesses and helping them improve.
This sounds like a nonsense statement that you can’t possibly know about unless you’re actually privy to the dressing room and practice rink convos on the daily.

lillypad33

Sep 20, 2008
Kitchener
Mesar was much better last night than in previous games. They changed up the lines and put him with Rehkopf and Martin and they had chemistry. All the elements are top line needs.

I’m giving Mesar a couple weeks to learn their style. He’s showing signs of getting there. More short, high percentage passes with motion so he doesn’t get painted into a corner like last year. Still one lazy backcheck, but normally it was 4 or 5, so Ahokas is getting through to him I think. Always. Move. Your. Feet.
To be fair, Rehkopf has chemistry with everyone. Seattle got a gem with him.

Reactions: Nevins

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
This sounds like a nonsense statement that you can’t possibly know about unless you’re actually privy to the dressing room and practice rink convos on the daily.
Sorry, are you saying it’s impossible to tell if the coaching is poor unless you’re in the dressing room? Oooooo-kay!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad