Prospect Info: Filip Mesar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
What I am saying is that if HuGo believe he has NHL talent they should play him where they think he will benefit the most. And if it is the AHL and there are players that are currently better but not considered NHL material he should be played ahead of them.
They are, that's why he's in the OHL lol

What I'm trying to show you guys is how unprepared he was for the AHL

Junior age, junior frame, poor season in juniors = promotion?

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
200 pts in his first game.. Bombshell has spammed the boards and nothing is left but smoldering ash and 'another late rising euro bust' posts.

To be fair, he did score 4 points in his first game last year, he was on pace for well over 200 pts after game 1. i know its just a game but i was right 1.96% of the time. ha ha..... haaa.....?

On a serious note, he just needs to figure it out, i think he's just confused

But i swear if he scores 6 points tonight and then doesn't have a 1.5 ratio the rest of the season, its on him.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I'm pleasantly surprised he's changed his attitude and was agreeable to go back to the OHL.

I suppose he saw Slaf struggle and recognised that both he and Slaf are further than he thought.
Yes, of course, he made a choice to go back to Juniors more happily because he made a value judgment about just how not ready Slafkovsky is?

I think the new coach, the offensive system based on speed and transition, Mesar's strengths, the fact his line mates from last year are thriving in this new system, line mates versus whom he can compare himself, are more appropriate reasons for the change in attitude towards returning to Juniors.

That and getting prime TOI in Juniors versus playing in the bottom-6 in Laval.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Again man, Mesar cross passes the puck to an wide open teammate ready for the one timer, teammate completely fails to hit the puck.

Poor Mesar lol

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Mesar was decent tonight. Skated well for the first two periods, made a few good plays. Could have had a goal if he finished on his breakaway. A couple feeds that could have been tipped home too.

Ironically, faded a bit late but that’s when his points came. Got lucky in OT after a pretty bad shift, but his passing is great when he has space and a lane.

He’ll need time to learn the system. He over pursued the puck when Erie scored the tying goal but that will come with more practice time and video.

Plus, they played a Stan Butler team, so all trap and clogging. Really slowed down Kitchener’s pace.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Mesar was decent tonight. Skated well for the first two periods, made a few good plays. Could have had a goal if he finished on his breakaway. A couple feeds that could have been tipped home too.

Ironically, faded a bit late but that’s when his points came. Got lucky in OT after a pretty bad shift, but his passing is great when he has space and a lane.

He’ll need time to learn the system. He over pursued the puck when Erie scored the tying goal but that will come with more practice time and video.

Plus, they played a Stan Butler team, so all trap and clogging. Really slowed down Kitchener’s pace.

On the game winning goal Mesar had his head up all the way through, never looked down one second. Very dominant playmaking abilities, in full control of his movements. Clearly belongs with the pros in that aspect but its up to him now to use his assets and score many points.

His tendency to float around can be annoying and i think it hurts the system, the coach needs to explain to him where he needs to position when he's done with the puck.

Other than that, it wasn't his best game, i expect him to become more efficient and more effective as the season advances.

a 2 PPG is not far fetched

RangerNation

Jul 24, 2015
London
On the game winning goal Mesar had his head up all the way through, never looked down one second. Very dominant playmaking abilities, in full control of his movements. Clearly belongs with the pros in that aspect but its up to him now to use his assets and score many points.

His tendency to float around can be annoying and i think it hurts the system, the coach needs to explain to him where he needs to position when he's done with the puck.

Other than that, it wasn't his best game, i expect him to become more efficient and more effective as the season advances.

a 2 PPG is not far fetched
He is 11 games behind on Jussi's system. He'll get there. In the end he was still productive. I don't expect this team to slow down it's production, so I would expect more multi point games from Mesar going forward.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
He is 11 games behind on Jussi's system. He'll get there. In the end he was still productive. I don't expect this team to slow down it's production, so I would expect more multi point games from Mesar going forward.

He was productive but not effective.
But i think you're right with the new coach he'll have a great season.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Maybe the Habs should sign Ahokas as coach lol, maybe as an assistant

Reactions: Habsrule

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad