Prospect Info: Filip Mesar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Realistically the opposite is true - there is no adult that plays top-6 in Liiga that wouldn't absolutely destroy the OHL haha

I'm sure there are dozens but here are a few former 90-100 point OHL players that couldn't crack the liiga

And if you change the argument to actually apply to Mesar, a sub PPG OHL player at 19, the list of players who aren't Liiga stars becomes a whole lot bigger....

Get off my dick dude

I said Mesar doesn't deserve to play AHL and somehow that's a stupid cry baby post

Make an argument that he deserves to play in the AHL instead of whining about it

You @ me, I don't give a shit about whatever angst you have toward me.

My laughing react wasn't at him deserving to play in the AHL. It was the notion that Euro teams wouldn't even want him. That's just a ridiculous statement and not even true.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005

My laughing react wasn't at him deserving to play in the AHL. It was the notion that Euro teams wouldn't even want him. That's just a ridiculous statement and not even true.
The fact that he doubled down on it too when SHL teams have players drafted in late rounds playing.. and Liiga would have so many players not even considered to be drafted playing.

Just so out there lol

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
The fact that he doubled down on it too when SHL teams have players drafted in late rounds playing.. and Liiga would have so many players not even considered to be drafted playing.

Just so out there lol

It's pointless because he is going to the OHL now, which is good news, but I'll play.

I'm talking about where would you want him to play, and I don't think the SHL or Liiga is a legit option for him. The AHL is too crowded, and Slovakia would be terrible.

I think it is possible that we could loan him to some random team in the SHL or Liiga, but why would we? He is not getting gift wrapped top-6 minutes and PP time out there, those teams would have no obligation to follow our development plans for him, he needs to adapt better to NA ice, it was just never a realistic scenario.

My original question is where do you think he should be playing? What are his best options for development? I don't think SHL or Liiga are viable options for him, and would they be interested in taking on a mid-season loan? IDK

You guys are giggling like little school girls and trying to dunk on me over a point I never even made. It was always AHL or OHL, AHL is too crowded and he didn't make enough of an impact, so it is OHL for now.

• Haha
Reactions: Natey

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
You bastard. You made me spit out my coffee. I just pictured you with a serious face and deadpan saying thing. :laugh:
tommy-lee-jones-not-impressed.gif

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
@WeThreeKings Imagine being upset about a point you didn't make.... if you were the one who literally brought SHL/LIIGA into the conversation. :biglaugh:

This place man, its gone so downhill.

The sad part is it's like the brain melted on a bunch of great posters and then most of the new additions are stat watchers who twist with a fart on the wind

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
The problem is that you people still believe he can fix himself.

Once you realize it’s not gonna happen at all, you will stop yelling at eachother.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021

Once you realize it’s not gonna happen at all, you will stop yelling at eachother.
Mesar need fixing? And me that thought he needed ice time to develop.

Or are you talking about someone else.

Reactions: Tyson

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Why couldn’t he? Isn’t that what training and development is for?

I admit that it doesn’t look good but in no
Way is it nearing a write off.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

I agree,about the part where there's no need to be yelling at each other over this prospect.

But at this point, why not just let him develop in the best league for him over the remaining years we have his rights, and hope for the best.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
All I'll say is that in Kitchener now, there is a coach who has clearly gotten all 20 of his players to buy in to his system and they're all looking great as a result. Every single one of them is working like mad, playing sound defensively and supporting a quick strike, yet possession-based offence.

So Mesar definitely is being given the right surroundings here to make hay.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Mesar need fixing? And me that thought he needed ice time to develop.

Or are you talking about someone else.

He needs to fix his ego.

Kinda early to write him off just yet don't you think?

No.

Why couldn’t he? Isn’t that what training and development is for?

I admit that it doesn’t look good but in no
Way is it nearing a write off.

It's too late, I wrote him off.

I agree,about the part where there's no need to be yelling at each other over this prospect.

But at this point, why not just let him develop in the best league for him over the remaining years we have his rights, and hope for the best.

Let him cook, but lock the kitchen is all I'm saying.

• Haha

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
19-20 year olds need to destroy the OHL. Looking forward to seeing what Mesar can do.

I think he's the type that will figure it out

Fix yourself before you wreck yourself

All I'll say is that in Kitchener now, there is a coach who has clearly gotten all 20 of his players to buy in to his system and they're all looking great as a result. Every single one of them is working like mad, playing sound defensively and supporting a quick strike, yet possession-based offence.

So Mesar definitely is being given the right surroundings here to make hay.

Unless they trade him

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Unless they trade him
It's certainly possible, but even if they choose that route, it won't be for a while. Other teams are going to want to see how he's performing for a while before taking the risk. So he's there for at least the foreseeable future. And if he plays the way the other 20 are, it'll do a world of good for his development.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
@WeThreeKings Imagine being upset about "a point you didn't make".... if you were the one who literally brought SHL/LIIGA into the conversation. :biglaugh:
Miguel Tourigny was a better offensive player in the Slovakian league than Mesar was, and he is playing in the ECHL.

OHL is the right place for him.

You say SHL and Liiga teams would be lining up for him, maybe, you can't prove it and neither can I. Either way it would be the wrong place for him.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Miguel Tourigny was a better offensive player in the Slovakian league than Mesar was, and he is playing in the ECHL.

OHL is the right place for him.

You say SHL and Liiga teams would be lining up for him, maybe, you can't prove it and neither can I. Either way it would be the wrong place for him.

Why are you even comparing a 17 year olds season to a 20 year olds ?

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I don't get why people even argue against Mesar playing in Junior. He's a junior aged player who has yet to dominate a junior league. So the obvious answer is to play him in a pro-hockey league.

Dumb asses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad