Prospect Info: Filip Mesar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
He gets way too much heat over here, the tools are obvious, he is a superb skater who can stickhandle at high speed, he really can dish the puck and create alot of scoring chances. His problem has been mostly his lack of finishing around the net and adapting to N.A. game. Playing for a crappy team with low IQ players sure didnt help, apparently the room was rotten inside as well.
His talent is not getting hate, it is his try that is being questioned.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I keep reading this. Can you show me where this is actually factual?

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
i will die on the sword for just about any habs prospect but this kid was such a horrible pick

legit picked because he was friends with Slaf

Dude, im telling you, if Mesar was drafted by Buffalo he'll probably have had better stats than Kulich with montreal, Buffalo are on a different plane of existence with their prospects. We suck at developing prospects. Today i bet my fat aaa that you'd be whinning about how we should of drafted Mesar.

Picking Mesar over Jiri Kulich was a smart choice, he was literally the best prospect at camp with Beck last year. Its not the player's fault in my opinion. He could of easely played with Laval if they wanted to but... politics.

Reactions: DAChampion

SlafCaufield

formely KotkaCaufield
Jul 13, 2020
Pointe-Claire
Dude, im telling you, if Mesar was drafted by Buffalo he'll probably have had better stats than Kulich with montreal, Buffalo are on a different plane of existence with their prospects. We suck at developing prospects. Today i bet my fat aaa that you'd be whinning about how we should of drafted Mesar.

Picking Mesar over Jiri Kulich was a smart choice, he was literally the best prospect at camp with Beck last year. Its not the player's fault in my opinion.
Kulich is WAY better dude

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
He was always a project based pick and had unfair expectations.Didn’t have a chance from the start once fans assumed he’d put up Hossa like numbers in juniors.
Just my 2 cents

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
He was always a project based pick and had unfair expectations.Didn’t have a chance from the start once fans assumed he’d put up Hossa like numbers in juniors

Bro absolutely no one had Hossa expectations for Mesar... no one.

Im the only one who said he would have a 200 pts season, everyone was laughing at me then. He had 4 points in his first game and let me tell you that day this thread was real quite.

Yasuo

Sep 7, 2016

Im the only one who said he would have a 200 pts season, everyone was laughing at me then. He had 4 points in his first game and let me tell you that day this thread was real quite.
Osa put up arround 1.5ppg in his d+1 year that's pretty standard for a first/second round pick...

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Osa put up arround 1.5ppg in his d+1 year that's pretty standard for a first/second round pick...
we've done the analysis before, euro first rounders who come play in the OHL after their draft are limited and are not producing like NA players who been playing 1/2 years with their respective teams

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011

Still laughing. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Vinceee

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
We do know that. He was part of a team that was a disaster. He needs to dominate junior before even being considered for a professional league. He has proven nothing to date. The place for Mesar is the OHL or a similar junior league.

People need to quit making excuses for players. Mesar has a lot to prove.
Caufield did nothing on a team that was a disaster because of Douche Arm. Hughes will have to decide if he needs more tme in junior.

he scored 24 goals and 40+ points as a rookie in the AHL last year so ya id say so
If he was any good he would have made Buffalo this season. He did nothing in pre season games.

he scored 24 goals and 40+ points as a rookie in the AHL last year so ya id say so
If he was any good he would have made Buffalo this season. He did nothing in pre season games.

Reactions: HabzSauce

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
Except he's not and never has been. He was good enough for the OHL last season. He hasn't demonstrated to be too good for that league. In fact, he was disappointing.

Except he's not and never has been. He was good enough for the OHL last season. He hasn't demonstrated to be too good for that league. In fact, he was disappointing.
Although another Question is, strength. And as well
Ahl is not the best place to build strength.

SlafCaufield

formely KotkaCaufield
Jul 13, 2020
Pointe-Claire
Caufield did nothing on a team that was a disaster because of Douche Arm. Hughes will have to decide if he needs more tme in junior.

So Kulich is no good because he didn't make Buffalo and Mesar is good because hes not even good enough for Laval???

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad