Prospect Info: Filip Mesar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Your negativity is awful, that's why I love your posts.
And yet, as far as prospects goes, I rarely count out a prospect before he's at the age of being counted out. As far as our prospects goes, that came with some kind of expectations based on where they were chose, there's only 2 young guys I actually would be stunned to see play a key role with our team...Kidney and Mesar. Mind you, true that my Mesar analysis is also supported by my huge dissapointment to not have gone with Kulich. And also knowing that this 2nd round of that particular year will also provide some really interesting players down the road.

But I've been wrong before. Never thought Evans would came close to the NHL. Was skeptical of the Romanov pick. I've been wrong of guys I thought would make it though then guys I thought would not and did.

Reactions: Habs

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I agree. But it sounds like Houle doesn't see it happening. Perhaps HuGo convince him to keep Mesar and play him in the top 9...
Houle said again that he was doing development in a wining environment. That pretty much means he's going to want to keep the most advanced prospects/vets to increase the chance of winning.

Maybe he will go crazy this year considering the amount of rookies.:laugh:

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
It's never a good idea to dismiss a player like Mesar so early.Only 19 years old,first round pick with 51 points in 52 games in his first OHL season,2 world juniors as well. Tons of potential here and he definitely has issues to work on, but I can see him being an excellent player with this team after a couple of seasons of further development in the AHL or European leagues.

Chadstudsky

Nov 19, 2008
Ottawa
Send him to the O. If it's good enough for Beck it's good for him. Tons of prospects incoming and something like 30 picks in the next 3 years? Everything has to be earned from now on regardless of draft selection. Detroit model 2.0.

Reactions: Habsrule and Habs

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
And yet, as far as prospects goes, I rarely count out a prospect before he's at the age of being counted out. As far as our prospects goes, that came with some kind of expectations based on where they were chose, there's only 2 young guys I actually would be stunned to see play a key role with our team...Kidney and Mesar. Mind you, true that my Mesar analysis is also supported by my huge dissapointment to not have gone with Kulich. And also knowing that this 2nd round of that particular year will also provide some really interesting players down the road.

But I've been wrong before. Never thought Evans would came close to the NHL. Was skeptical of the Romanov pick. I've been wrong of guys I thought would make it though then guys I thought would not and did.

well I didn't like the pick then and he hasn't show me anything to like the pick now so I hear ya. I wonder if Poitras was even on the Habs radar at any point for example.

Last edited:

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005

Don't worry, most of us love you! :P

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
It's never a good idea to dismiss a player like Mesar so early.Only 19 years old,first round pick with 51 points in 52 games in his first OHL season,2 world juniors as well. Tons of potential here and he definitely has issues to work on, but I can see him being an excellent player with this team after a couple of seasons of further development in the AHL or European leagues.
Nobody is saying this can't happen...
But he's quite a bit behind were Martin Reway was at the same age.

Last edited:

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
El Gazetta:

------
While Mesar is eligible to return to junior, that would be viewed as a demotion, arguably stunting his development.

“There are so many guys here (in Laval) that can play,” he said. “I think I’m going to be better than these guys. It doesn’t matter if the guy’s older. I have to prove I belong here. I want to prove I’m smarter than the others and play my game.”
------

So see, here's the issue with Kitchener and it was obvious from last year if you watched the games. He feels like the guys down there can't keep up with his IQ. He feels that the guys in the AHL are closer to his level and he believes he'll be better than them. He believes he's smarter and he'll figure out how to be better. He knows he needs to prove it but he can only do that in the AHL.

Now for those who say he should go back to Kitchener, here's your answer from Mesar's mouth: Oh Hell Nah!

This guy is demonstrating massive confidence in his abilities and that's the type of character you want from your captain, leader.

Y a de lagraine d'un champion!

TomKosto

Oct 17, 2017
Montréal
El Gazetta:

------
While Mesar is eligible to return to junior, that would be viewed as a demotion, arguably stunting his development.

“There are so many guys here (in Laval) that can play,” he said. “I think I’m going to be better than these guys. It doesn’t matter if the guy’s older. I have to prove I belong here. I want to prove I’m smarter than the others and play my game.”
------

So see, here's the issue with Kitchener and it was obvious from last year if you watched the games. He feels like the guys down there can't keep up with his IQ. He feels that the guys in the AHL are closer to his level and he believes he'll be better than them. He believes he's smarter and he'll figure out how to be better. He knows he needs to prove it but he can only do that in the AHL.

Now for those who say he should go back to Kitchener, here's your answer from Mesar's mouth: Oh Hell Nah!

This guy is demonstrating massive confidence in his abilities and that's the type of character you want from your captain, leader.

Or a bad attitude?

Reactions: dinodebino

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
El Gazetta:

------

------

Well actions speak louder than words. Reality was he wasn't good in the OHL and wasn't able to adapt his game.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Well actions speak louder than words. Reality was he wasn't good in the OHL and wasn't able to adapt his game.

Thats not true at all

Reality was, he was no1 at creating scoring chances per 60 min
He was capable of deking between 3-4 players pretty effortlessly
Teammates were to slow to process his game

this is the reality and most people who are bashing him don't know because most people did not watch him

Reactions: Guillermo

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
El Gazetta:

------

------

Or he’s just as incompetent and overconfident as every other kid his age in every other job type… Sign of the times I’d say. Sorry for all the college/uni kids out there, I really think what I just wrote. Old bugger I am, I guess.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Or he’s just as incompetent and overconfident as every other kid his age in every other job type… Sign of the times I’d say. Sorry for all the college/uni kids out there, I really think what I just wrote. Old bugger I am, I guess.
But it is true. Most young people now are not willing to work hard. It took 2 people (could be 3 now) to do my sister's job after she retired.

Reactions: Naslundforever

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
You're comparing bananas to an haute cuisine dish

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
El Gazetta:

------

------

Is that a translation ? Its so poorly written and could convey different things. At first glance it just appears to be the usual cliches of "I have to prove I belong", which you can't really deduce anything from. It doesn't seem he's implying anything about Kitchener.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Funny thing is that the generation before you thought the same... And the generation before them... And the generation before them...

Reactions: nicehiss

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Is that a translation ? Its so poorly written and could convey different things. At first glance it just appears to be the usual cliches of "I have to prove I belong", which you can't really deduce anything from. It doesn't seem he's implying anything about Kitchener.
He says they are so many guys here in Laval that can play. <- this is an indirect jab at kitchener.
He says he thinks he's better than them. <- If he thinks hes better than the guys in Laval, certainly he must be thinking he's heads and shoulders above the guys in kitchener.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
It is certainly true that most teenagers overestimate their abilities and are actually pretty bad at most things they do. And it is certainly true that all of us who are no longer teenagers were also like that at one point in our youth.

Reactions: Naslundforever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad