Prospect Info: Filip Mesar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Reway is struggling with addictions and mental health. When he is OK, he can dominate. Verbeek had 0,84 ppg in ECHL, 0,73 ppg in Slovak league. Avtsin never played ECHL, yet you claim that dominant player from SVK would not even make ECHL team. That is just stupid, admit it.
Are you sure Reway struggles was with addictions? I know he had some heart problems which totally derailed his career, never read anything about addictions.

Edit: Nevermind, I found it. It's something to do with sleeping pills.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
aha... din't know that! I know Houle loves his Vets... like most coaches...
He labelled Mysak a no-offense forward publicly in an interview during camp and gave him crumbs of defensive TOI on the 4th.

His comments about Mesar are similar, except even more clear that he doesn't think much of him. He might start in the ECHL or get the 4th line treatment. I don't disagree that Mesar might not be physically ready thought.

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
I don’t believe that developing him at center is the way to go for his long term success.

They should focus his board/cycling play on the wing. With his hands and speed he could become really effective at creating chances if he can win enough battles.

I don’t care where he plays this season as long as he gets a lot of opportunities and play time while showing improvement.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
They drafted him in part because he was Slafkovsky's friend but he's now on the verge of becoming a distraction.

Let him go to Europe and find his game back.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Article with Rocket related stuff in LaPresse. It has some quotes from Mesar and Houle about Mesar in it (also Kidney but this is the Mesar thread).

Mesar hopes his Rocket camp will go well so he can get big minutes in the AHL. Otherwise he said that "they" will find him something where he can get those minutes.

Houle said that they need to find a chair for Mesar with big minutes. Houle actually likes Mesar's attitude since he joined the Rocket camp, but he found him average at the Habs camp. Houle actually likes Mesar's speed and hockey sense, but he doesn't like his lack of defensive game.

So maybe Houle doesn't hate Mesar as much as I thought.

Source:

Reactions: DAChampion

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Article with Rocket related stuff in LaPresse. It has some quotes from Mesar and Houle about Mesar in it (also Kidney but this is the Mesar thread).

Mesar hopes his Rocket camp will go well so he can get big minutes in the AHL. Otherwise he said that "they" will find him something where he can get those minutes.

Houle said that they need to find a chair for Mesar with big minutes. Houle actually likes Mesar's attitude since he joined the Rocket camp, but he found him average at the Habs camp. Houle actually likes Mesar's speed and hockey sense, but he doesn't like his lack of defensive game.

Source:

« Si ça se passe bien, je vais disputer de grosses minutes ici, a dit Mesar. Sinon, ils vont trouver quelque chose d’autre pour moi… »

Well i think this sounds like Mesar has one foot out of montreal.

It will be intersting to see how he does in the NHL with a different logo.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
« Si ça se passe bien, je vais disputer de grosses minutes ici, a dit Mesar. Sinon, ils vont trouver quelque chose d’autre pour moi… »

?

I read that differently... more like if the AHL fit isn't there this season, they will work out an alternative which I would assume means back to Europe with Habs blessing, not unlike Rohrer...

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004

"Quelque chose d'autre" can be OHL, or T-R, or Europe. Doesn't have to be a trade

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

Source:

Houle certainly doesn't hate any of these players and the Mysak comment was grossly blown out of proportion.

It will be interesting to see how they handle Mesar as well as Kidney.

Reactions: Guillermo

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

Source:
Houle - it is YOUR job to help Mesar develop a defensive game.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
"Quelque chose d'autre" can be OHL, or T-R, or Europe. Doesn't have to be a trade

You need to read between the lines here. 3 key words

#1 Find = From this word we understand kitchener is excluded. Same goes for his old Slovakian team. These 2 options are already on the table. So the organisation has to look for either a trade or another European team in a different league.

#2 Something else = Yes europe in a different league is definitely an possibility. I think finding a trade in the NHL will be an easier task for the habs than finding him a team in europe where he will be assured to play top minutes.

#3 Him = He said it many times he sees himself as an AHLer, he dint like the OHL, he wants to play in the NHL and so he needs to spend time with other pros.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I’m just here to chime in on Kitchener and how it should be his destination.

I have Kitchener season tickets. Last year as most know was a complete shit show in Kitchener. Terrible coaching and just nothing went right.

This year Kitchener is in a full blown rebuilding mode. Heading into the season the OHL has made a ranking system which is fun to watch. There are 20 teams in the league and 16 make the playoffs. Kitchener was ranked in the 17-20 spot. All non playoff teams are lumped together.

Kitchener brought in a coach from Finland who has a really good coaching resume. He wants to coach in the NHL and has said that Kitchener is a stepping stone. Jussi Ahokas is his name if you want to google him. The play this year with a team full of 16 year old rookies is playing as a team so much better than they’re all in team last year. Their forecheck is non stop and it has been creating havoc.

Kitchener’s first game was against Saginaw who is hosting the Memorial Cup this season. They were ranked #2 and are one of the favourites to win it all. Kitchener won 4-3. Also Kitchener was down 2-0 not even two minutes into the game. They fought hard and played great. Their second game they went to Flint who is a middle of the pack team. Kitchener won 8-0 on the road. They are a much different team this year.

If Mesar got sent back to Kitchener he was have a lot of top six minutes and every opportunity to be a focal point on the offence.

I could go into how the culture has changed in Kitchener after a very short time but I will leave that for the Kitchener Rangers thread.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
The team want to find him the spot where he can get the most ice time against the most significant competition. Not sure he is ready for the AHL the OHL, might best league for him but maybe in euro league he get more time to hit the gym…

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Mesar didn't show so far that he drives a game. He's just a passenger. And our team has enough of those.

I rarely write off prospects before they are 21-22...but Mesar is amongst the ones I hvae the least hope. Hopefully I eat my crow in due time.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
No, it is mindless nonsense that needs to stop.

there did appear to be better choices though, the friendship angle holds some validity.

Mesar didn't show so far that he drives a game. He's just a passenger. And our team has enough of those.

I rarely write off prospects before they are 21-22...but Mesar is amongst the ones I hvae the least hope. Hopefully I eat my crow in due time.

Your negativity is awful, that's why I love your posts.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
So there's a few options for Mesar this season - most likely to be determined by the end of Laval's training camp and his play in the first few months
1) AHL
2) ECHL
3) OHL
4) Europe

Can he be returned to the OHL at any point in the season? I assume yes but he can't be called back until his OHL season finishes. Is that accurate?

If Europe, would he most likely be loaned back to Poprad HK SKP in Slovakia or are there other options? Haven't those leagues already started and their rosters are set? Miguel Touringy signed in Slovakia last year on Oct 12th so I'm guessing there's still time for options like that.

Is the ECHL not a viable option if he's struggling to get minutes with Laval? Jan Mysak seemed to struggle with the Rocket yet they never sent him to Trois-Rivieres last year so I'm guessing they might not see ECHL as a great option for his development. I'm thinking he could start there, build up his confidence and get called up to Laval when they have injuries

Are there other viable options? Maybe the KHL?

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
So there's a few options for Mesar this season - most likely to be determined by the end of Laval's training camp and his play in the first few months
1) AHL
2) ECHL
3) OHL
4) Europe

Can he be returned to the OHL at any point in the season? I assume yes but he can't be called back until his OHL season finishes. Is that accurate?

If Europe, would he most likely be loaned back to Poprad HK SKP in Slovakia or are there other options? Haven't those leagues already started and their rosters are set? Miguel Touringy signed in Slovakia last year on Oct 12th so I'm guessing there's still time for options like that.

Is the ECHL not a viable option if he's struggling to get minutes with Laval? Jan Mysak seemed to struggle with the Rocket yet they never sent him to Trois-Rivieres last year so I'm guessing they might not see ECHL as a great option for his development. I'm thinking he could start there, build up his confidence and get called up to Laval when they have injuries

Are there other viable options? Maybe the KHL?

If he's struggling to get minutes in Laval, then he'd struggle to get minutes in the KHL too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tyson

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
If there is one group that can develop Mesar it is Houle and his staff.
I agree. But it sounds like Houle doesn't see it happening. Perhaps HuGo convince him to keep Mesar and play him in the top 9...

You need to read between the lines here. 3 key words

#1 Find = From this word we understand kitchener is excluded. Same goes for his old Slovakian team. These 2 options are already on the table. So the organisation has to look for either a trade or another European team in a different league.

#2 Something else = Yes europe in a different league is definitely an possibility. I think finding a trade in the NHL will be an easier task for the habs than finding him a team in europe where he will be assured to play top minutes.

#3 Him = He said it many times he sees himself as an AHLer, he dint like the OHL, he wants to play in the NHL and so he needs to spend time with other pros.
Oh, I do read between the lines.

You.
Want.
Him traded.

Because you think he's a star in the making.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad