Prospect Info: Filip Mesar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Gaucher is 6ft 3. Odds are he could become a third line center in the NHL and gonna face best opponent. Mesar will need to have an offensive production in the NHL to survive. This is not rhe same kind of player.
The Habs don't need more bottom line plugs. We find and develop those easily.

The Habs in particular, an organization that has been a below average offensive team most of my life, needs to gamble on offensive upset even if the bust potential is higher.

Mesar is not looking like a good pick but if he does work out he has the skill set that is more difficult to trade for than a reasonable big center who puts up 20 points a season.

Our big first overall pick had a nightmare season too.

Reactions: ReHabs

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
The Habs don't need more bottom line plugs. We find and develop those easily.

The Habs in particular, an organization that has been a below average offensive team most of my life, needs to gamble on offensive upset even if the bust potential is higher.

Mesar is not looking like a good pick but if he does work out he has the skill set that is more difficult to trade for than a reasonable big center who puts up 20 points a season.

Our big first overall pick had a nightmare season too.
If Slaf would have play in Laval this year. We would have been as optimistic than fan in New jersey about Nemec.
Slaf is probably the most physical guy I have seen at 18 years old since a long time ago in the entire league.
However, I would have been more confortable to have him in Laval this year.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If Slaf would have play in Laval this year. We would have been as optimistic than fan in New jersey about Nemec.
Slaf is probably the most physical guy I have seen at 18 years old since a long time ago in the entire league.
However, I would have been more confortable to have him in Laval this year.

Physical is good. But he's got to have top 6 talent at the NHL level. I've seen aspects of his game I like. So we'll see...

Reactions: themilosh

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
better skater, more speed but I would need more time but if I had to guess I would say maybe.
Scherby had a better shot, he was pretty good on the half wall in junior. Mesar seems better in tight and at playmaking around the slot but Scherby had a bigger frame. Mesar has better skating no doubt

Reactions: WinterLion

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
I read over and over the same argument about what player X can still learn in lower level league. It's not about learning, it's about maturing and having a primary role on a team. Look at Jan Mysak this year, it would have been much better for him to go back in the OHL and be a first line player, first wave of PP, and playing also on the PK, than to be a fourth liner at best in Laval. These smaller players that are far from exceptionnal should all play junior at 20, look at RHP, Dubé, Simoneau or college guys like Evans and Farrell. So the idea of sending Mesar to Laval next year is ill advised. This player must go back to the OHL, maybe on a better team than Kitchener, but his place is not in the AHL, and forget about Kulich, It's pointless to do this comparison now. The player we have is not Kulich, it's Mesar.
Yes thank you for saying this .Maser should play OHL.He does have
a good way of reading the ice, and he can handle the puck at speed,
but to me, he is special in his skating. That combination of accl. and
going sideways like AK27 is almost alien. How will he do That I can't
know. But I love that we are taking this shot.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
The Kitchener Rangers are actually run by a bunch of Greater Hungarian nationalists who do not recognize the Treaty of Trianon and thus the existence of the Slovak state. That's why Mesar didn't produce very much.
What is this? And please understand I just find this funny. but
my family from Hungary . Please tell what this is>

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
The Betrayal of Trianon will be avenged. Just wait, the arc of justice is long but bends toward Greater Hungary.
You have no concept, of how well I cook Hungarian food.
It's unlikely that you will be there to try it. yes, i get that you
are a disgusting person.. but eat what I cook, you will stop being
such a bad human being.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
such a bad human being.
What makes you think we are bad people? Personally, I love Magyars and Hungarian culture. It is a wonderful and beautiful language. The references to Trianon are just for fun.

Mešar’s upside makes him still an interesting prospect. Hopefully next year is better, I am sure we will see some encouraging developments.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
such a bad human being.
The joke was that it was unrelated to Mesar at all, while also being highly specific and entirely made up.

Nobody is saying anything bad about Hungary here. Been in Budapest, it's a lovely place. Jammed some songs at at a bar even and had a blast!

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
The joke was that it was unrelated to Mesar at all, while also being highly specific and entirely made up.

Nobody is saying anything bad about Hungary here. Been in Budapest, it's a lovely place. Jammed some songs at at a bar even and had a blast!
As to that, I havn't been, but it's on my bucket list. Along with
Prague, and Bucherest (sp)

Reactions: rik schau

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
As to that, I havn't been, but it's on my bucket list. Along with
Prague, and Bucherest (sp)
Been to all those places in '98 when they were atill incredibly cheap to visit.. i was working in Sweden then going on lavish 1 weekers to each city. Back then you could live like a backpacker god in Eastern Europe (expect for Slovakia) hostel hit too close to home for me.. lol

• Haha
Reactions: rik schau

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Screen Shot 2023-05-11 at 11.08.06 PM.png

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Mesar has regressed alot, IQ display mediocre, execution was bad, weak positioning, almost no fight in his game, was staying away from contact... gliding .. slow back-checking. dint see all game just the first few shifts

Looks like a guy who lost interest in playing hockey or he's been training badly.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Mesar has regressed alot, IQ display mediocre, execution was bad, weak positioning, almost no fight in his game, was staying away from contact... gliding .. slow back-checking. dint see all game just the first few shifts

Looks like a guy who lost interest in playing hockey or he's been training badly.

Sounds like he needs a change of environment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad