Prospect Info: Filip Mesar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I still maintain that we should have drafted Kulich instead

Sad
I mean, you're not wrong as Kulich has done really well in the AHL while Mesar did ok in the O.

Mesar will be in the AHL, so will get to see how he does.

Just like someone who would have preferred Dumais over Rohrer.

Depends how they do at the NHL level, but right now Kulich is worth a lot more than Mesar, so Buffalo has a nice trade chip if they're looking to make a significant improvement in an area.

Reactions: themilosh

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
I'm a bit confused as to how Mesar got '3rd best motor ranking' by scores in Elite prospects when he seems to float a lot.

Is he just having trouble adjusting to the smaller ice?

Reactions: themilosh

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I'm a bit confused as to how Mesar got '3rd best motor ranking' by scores in Elite prospects when he seems to float a lot.

Is he just having trouble adjusting to the smaller ice?

It might just be that he's not all that good.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
It might just be that he's not all that good.

Or if you listened to the 30 min interview he gave today, you will learn that he's been training all summer and has been focusing on developing his strengh. Slaf did not come to the camp because he was also in between intense training.

We'll know better come the regular camp

Reactions: montreal and jrom

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Or if you listened to the 30 min interview he gave today, you will learn that he's been training all summer and has been focusing on developing his strengh. Slaf did not come to the camp because he was also in between intense training.

We'll know better come the regular camp

He wasn't bad this year because of he wasn't strong enough, he was just bad.

Reactions: Toene

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
He wasn't bad this year because of he wasn't strong enough, he was just bad.
I agree, but at the same time, his OHL club sucked ass and the coaching seemed to be all over the place. I'm certainly not throwing the towel, but Mesar needs to take a significant step forward for people to take him seriously as a prospect. I like his tools although they didnt shone with the Rangers.

Edit : he still managed to get close to a ppg on NA ice in his first season here and despite weird usage. There's something there, but the clock is ticking.

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
What I don't like about him is his non-competitiveness and engagement without puck. He is just floating out there.

In comparison look at other undersized wingers like Zach Benson or Adam Sykora those guys are fighting for their life every shift.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
What I don't like about him is his non-competitiveness and engagement without puck. He is just floating out there.

In comparison look at other undersized wingers like Zach Benson or Adam Sykora those guys are fighting for their life every shift.
It's weird as that was part of the reason why he was drafted so high...

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I think it was a big adjustment for Mesar last year. It was his first time in North America, so there is that culture shock. He was living with a billet family, his first exposure to NA hockey and the smaller ice surface on a full time basis. And of course, he was in Kitchener, which for a good while were one of the worst teams and then suddenly they make the playoffs and swept the #1 seed of the conference.

It will be another adjustment for him to be in the pros, much like it will be for all the young guys starting pro hockey, so we'll see how well he'll adjust once he gets into the groove.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I think it was a big adjustment for Mesar last year. It was his first time in North America, so there is that culture shock. He was living with a billet family, his first exposure to NA hockey and the smaller ice surface on a full time basis. And of course, he was in Kitchener, which for a good while were one of the worst teams and then suddenly they make the playoffs and swept the #1 seed of the conference.

It will be another adjustment for him to be in the pros, much like it will be for all the young guys starting pro hockey, so we'll see how well he'll adjust once he gets into the groove.
If he busts it's clearly your fault Adam!)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
If he busts it's clearly your fault Adam!)

I'm in the Laval threads and create a lot of their GDTs, so I will surely be hearing it if he busts. And if he does struggle, I can bet you people will be coming in those threads pointing it out because people who look for flaws tend to show up in those instances.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

He struggled after a very good WJC, and before that all the data points were fantastic.

People here just want to extrapolate the lows of a players development as proof they are busts.

Habs Fandom is a lot like Leafs fans, everything is gloom.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

I would think the best thing for the Habs to do is let Kitchener know that it didn't work out last year and they'd like to get him a change of scenery, whether Laval in the AHL or another OHL team. So, if they could work out a trade to another team.

I would like to see Mesar master the OHL before moving on to the OHL. I know he wants to play AHL. But what's the rush?

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I'm in the Laval threads and create a lot of their GDTs, so I will surely be hearing it if he busts. And if he does struggle, I can bet you people will be coming in those threads pointing it out because people who look for flaws tend to show up in those instances.
We will come to support you! If I wake up...

• Haha
Reactions: Adam Michaels

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad