Fantasy GM Thread | Two Minutes to Midnight for Horvat?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Havent done some fantasy trades purposals in a while so

Van
Ludvig Jansson
Florida 2023 2nd

FLA
Luke Schenn
-------------------------

NYI
Horvat

Van
Raty
Bolduc/Odelius
------------------------

Anahiem
Boeser
Rathbone

Vancouver
One of their 2023 2nd/3rds
Silfverberg

----------------------------
Florida would be smarter to do a short term sell off for this season, with whatever minimal expendable guys they have

Lot of injuries and they need to streak soon

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
if florida want horvat they'll take a run at him in free agency. their season is over

dez

Mar 3, 2012

Van
Ludvig Jansson
Florida 2023 2nd

FLA
Luke Schenn

NYI
Horvat

Van
Raty
Bolduc/Odelius
------------------------

Anahiem
Boeser
Rathbone

Vancouver
Silfverberg

- Panthers are tracking to be a lottery team
- Add a 1st in 24
- This one is interesting

Delocatedfan

Jun 1, 2021

Van
Ludvig Jansson
Florida 2023 2nd

FLA
Luke Schenn

NYI
Horvat

Van
Raty
Bolduc/Odelius
------------------------

Anahiem
Boeser
Rathbone

Vancouver
Silfverberg

I think NYI would have to include their 2023 1st to land Horvat

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Florida doesn’t have their 1st this year and its unprotected. They will be desperate to make the playoffs.

They could be a darkhorse for a Horvat/Schenn package. Lundell being the target.

Sebastien

May 1, 2022
Florida doesn’t have their 1st this year and its unprotected. They will be desperate to make the playoffs.

They could be a darkhorse for a Horvat/Schenn package. Lundell being the target
Some of you just post anything. Florida wouldn't trade Lindell, their good young elc 2c for free agent. Like not in a million years

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Yeah the Lundell proposals are way off. He’s one of those players who’s just as valuable to contenders as he is to rebuilding teams because of his cheap cap hit.

That’s why targeting young NHL’ers is so tough in trades. If Colorado is willing to part with Newhook instead of jumping with joy you should be raising an eyebrow at him.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
We think of time as a one-way motion, but what if it was more just the water we swim in? For a given value of time, Benning is always the Canucks' GM; but for another, he never is.
"If you're going to outwit the Devil, it's terribly important that you don't give him any advance notice... Even if you serve notice privately on yourself that suddenly you're going to drop it all, already the Devil knows-- because who do you think the Devil is? Ha ha ha ha ha ha!"

Reactions: ziploc

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Trade Petey Hughes and Demko for some vets. Podkolzin and Hoglander can stay in the AHL for a year or two.

Re-sign Horvat Myers Boeser Pearson Stillman when the time comes for as long as we can
My mind knows this is satire but my body is rejecting this post…… I am super uncomfortable and anxious and feel horrible all over

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
"If you're going to outwit the Devil, it's terribly important that you don't give him any advance notice... Even if you serve notice privately on yourself that suddenly you're going to drop it all, already the Devil knows-- because who do you think the Devil is? Ha ha ha ha ha ha!"
So we're saying Tom Fitzgerald already knows what Allvin is going to do, even before he does it? Unless Allvin acts with complete random abandonment? Sounds like a plan.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Van
Ludvig Jansson
Florida 2023 2nd

FLA
Luke Schenn

NYI
Horvat

Van
Raty
Bolduc/Odelius
------------------------

Anahiem
Boeser
Rathbone

Vancouver
Silfverberg

Your proposed package for Luke Schenn is more valuable than your proposed package for Bo Horvat.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Anahiem
Boeser
Rathbone

Vancouver
Silfverberg

We would probably be the ones giving up a pick in that. Silfverberg only has 1 year at 5.25MM left instead of the 2 at 6.65MM.

Anaheim is going to be one of those places that takes on a year or two of inefficient deals to help fill out their roster spots, but they aren't going to pay a dime to do it.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I keep coming back to the Capitals as an interesting trade partner. The main reason is they should be motivated to go all in every season until Ovechkin retires. Draft picks and prospects don’t mean much when you’re going for broke. They have a tonne of open roster spots and capspace next season. There’s been rumoured interest in Boeser and their defensive depth is very poor.

Now the big problem with any trade for the Capitals is Backstrom. At the beginning of December he was back on the ice but wasn’t in a contact jersey. MacLellan said they’d like him to be back practicing with contact soon but it’s been silence since then. For the purposes of the trade proposal, let’s say the Capitals Kucherov him. That leaves the Capitals with around 4m LTIR cap space.

I tried to get this trade proposal close to cap neutral while also giving the Canucks a little bit of extra space.

Horvat (50% retained)
Boeser
Schenn
Keeper

=10.25m

McMichael
Iirio
Mantha
Eller
1st (2023)
2nd (2023)
3rd (2024)
5th (2023)

=9.2m

For the Capitals, Horvat basically continues to fulfill the role he already has on the Canucks, using him as an alternative 1st line and let him soak up the match-up minutes. Strome moves down and the Capitals have potent offensive players in the middle of their top-9. Boeser remains on his wing with the hope that a change of scenery and a scoring role on a contender can reinvigorate him. The Capitals have no defensive depth and Schenn would be awfully appealing alongside Fehervary on the third pairing. Keeper is included to balance out the contract slots and lighten the crowded defense in Abbotsford.

McMichael struggling at the beginning of this season and had a modest rookie season. Since returning to the AHL he’s displayed solid but unspectacular production (10pts in 18 games). Last season he had the lowest ice time among all Capital regulars so his meager production is actually very good given his ice time. This where I’ll put a big caveat, I’m not a scout of any sort. I barely catch any games and am not a regular AHL watcher. I’m basing McMichael’s (and Iorio’s) value, progression, and potential on stats and old scouting reports. There’s a bunch of posters here I’d trust to tell me how off am I am on this.

With that said, Iorio is the exact prospect the Canucks lack. A 20 year old, right shot defenceman, from Coquitlam with size (6’4 200lbs) and a string junior track record. He’s currently in his first professional season in the AHL. With the Bear’s, he’s played every game (32) and recorded 1 goal and 9 assists. He’d be competing for a spot on the roster next season and is currently tracking as a late season call-up.

Mantha makes 5.7m for another season and provides size but, as discussed in this forum, is an extremely frustrating player. He’d either be trade in the off-season or next trade deadline as an upcoming UFA. Eller is purely to make the cap numbers work. He’s still a solid player that should hold value and be flipped as quickly as possible. Can probably get a 4th or decent depth player (like Motte or Highmore).

Canucks get a bevy of draft picks that will all be at their end of their rounds: 1st (2023), 2nd (2023), 3rd (2024), and 5th (2023). The idea is to go all out in a single, reportedly deep draft, to restock the prospect pool or use these as ammunition to further improve the roster. As none of these are premium picks they are all less valuable than their rounds indicate.

These can be broken out into three different trades but work better together.

Horvat (50% retained)
Keeper

McMichael
Iorio
1st (2023)
5th (2023)

Boeser

Mantha
3rd (2024)

Schenn

2nd (2023)

These trades never come together at the trade deadline but it’s fun to combine all these deals into one and see if it can work. By merging them together, I feel the draft pick compensation makes more sense than individually.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Hopefully now the writing is on the wall. Weak division, weak conference and still far out of the playoffs with questions in net added on this year. Fire sale time

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
I keep coming back to the Capitals as an interesting trade partner. The main reason is they should be motivated to go all in every season until Ovechkin retires. Draft picks and prospects don’t mean much when you’re going for broke. They have a tonne of open roster spots and capspace next season. There’s been rumoured interest in Boeser and their defensive depth is very poor.

Now the big problem with any trade for the Capitals is Backstrom. At the beginning of December he was back on the ice but wasn’t in a contact jersey. MacLellan said they’d like him to be back practicing with contact soon but it’s been silence since then. For the purposes of the trade proposal, let’s say the Capitals Kucherov him. That leaves the Capitals with around 4m LTIR cap space.

I tried to get this trade proposal close to cap neutral while also giving the Canucks a little bit of extra space.

Horvat (50% retained)
Boeser
Schenn
Keeper

=10.25m

McMichael
Iirio
Mantha
Eller
1st (2023)
2nd (2023)
3rd (2024)
5th (2023)

=9.2m

For the Capitals, Horvat basically continues to fulfill the role he already has on the Canucks, using him as an alternative 1st line and let him soak up the match-up minutes. Strome moves down and the Capitals have potent offensive players in the middle of their top-9. Boeser remains on his wing with the hope that a change of scenery and a scoring role on a contender can reinvigorate him. The Capitals have no defensive depth and Schenn would be awfully appealing alongside Fehervary on the third pairing. Keeper is included to balance out the contract slots and lighten the crowded defense in Abbotsford.

McMichael struggling at the beginning of this season and had a modest rookie season. Since returning to the AHL he’s displayed solid but unspectacular production (10pts in 18 games). Last season he had the lowest ice time among all Capital regulars so his meager production is actually very good given his ice time. This where I’ll put a big caveat, I’m not a scout of any sort. I barely catch any games and am not a regular AHL watcher. I’m basing McMichael’s (and Iorio’s) value, progression, and potential on stats and old scouting reports. There’s a bunch of posters here I’d trust to tell me how off am I am on this.

With that said, Iorio is the exact prospect the Canucks lack. A 20 year old, right shot defenceman, from Coquitlam with size (6’4 200lbs) and a string junior track record. He’s currently in his first professional season in the AHL. With the Bear’s, he’s played every game (32) and recorded 1 goal and 9 assists. He’d be competing for a spot on the roster next season and is currently tracking as a late season call-up.

Mantha makes 5.7m for another season and provides size but, as discussed in this forum, is an extremely frustrating player. He’d either be trade in the off-season or next trade deadline as an upcoming UFA. Eller is purely to make the cap numbers work. He’s still a solid player that should hold value and be flipped as quickly as possible. Can probably get a 4th or decent depth player (like Motte or Highmore).

Canucks get a bevy of draft picks that will all be at their end of their rounds: 1st (2023), 2nd (2023), 3rd (2024), and 5th (2023). The idea is to go all out in a single, reportedly deep draft, to restock the prospect pool or use these as ammunition to further improve the roster. As none of these are premium picks they are all less valuable than their rounds indicate.

These can be broken out into three different trades but work better together.

Horvat (50% retained)
Keeper

McMichael
Iorio
1st (2023)
5th (2023)

Boeser

Mantha
3rd (2024)

Schenn

2nd (2023)

These trades never come together at the trade deadline but it’s fun to combine all these deals into one and see if it can work. By merging them together, I feel the draft pick compensation makes more sense than individually.
Much prefer Lapierre to CMM.

Reactions: mriswith

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Ive always liked the Caps as a partner.

Getting Lapierre/CMM + Iorio + a bunch of picks is a win in my books.

Caps make so much sense due to where they're at in the competitive cycle/wanting to go for it for Ovi's last few years—truly who cares about draft picks/future assets for the next couple of seasons. Have always liked them as a trade partner if the cap mechanics worked, which I think they would if Canucks took back Mantha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad