Fantasy GM Thread | Two Minutes to Midnight for Horvat?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
That Johansen contract is absolutely ugly. Two more years at 8m for a 3rd line centre f***s the cap so much. I wouldn’t do that trade.
Keep in mind that its actually 1 year and the second half of the other year you can get assets for him as a rental

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Keep in mind that its actually 1 year and the second half of the other year you can get assets for him as a rental

Not if he sucks. He had a good year last year but is on pace for 46 points this season. Last year was most likely an aberration given his previous and current production. If he continues to slide down you’re getting maybe a late round pick or equivalent at 50% retained. Just not worth it.

Reactions: theguardianII

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Minnesota website writer suggested Rossi+Spacek+1st for Horvat 50% retained and signed to a long term deal.

I’d do it. Although Rossi having 1 point in 16 games to start his NHL career is really concerning…
Teams are trying to get bigger and tougher, Rossi is a pygmy. Of course they would try to off load a player they have given up on.

Size makes a big difference ask Hughes. ;)
Maybe Myers instead of Pearson?

Boeser/Myers for Johansen/Fabbro?
Myers is worth a 1rst rnd pick all by himself. You really have to start thinking with your big head instead of the little one :D
A 6'8" RHD playing 19 min a game is always worth more than a winger. Especially if he is a 3/4 dman on a good team with the ability to move up in a crunch. And a PK guy as well.

Canucks will not have enough cap space to take on a 8 mil contract until the TDL or they make some trades PDQ.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Not if he sucks. He had a good year last year but is on pace for 46 points this season. Last year was most likely an aberration given his previous and current production. If he continues to slide down you’re getting maybe a late round pick or equivalent at 50% retained. Just not worth it.
Who cares if he sucks, this entire team does. It would mean only one extra year of a 8 mil cap hit and he could be dealt as a rental next year with retention.
But I do agree, not good, maybe marginally better for the Preds

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Who cares if he sucks, this entire team does. It would mean only one extra year of a 8 mil cap hit and he could be dealt as a rental next year with retention.
But I do agree, not good, maybe marginally better for the Preds

I already explained it but no one is trading for him if he sucks. Even retained through another team you’re picking up a late round pick, at best, and that doesn’t offset the opportunity cost of having capspace this off-season and the next. It’s not about the team’s record it’s about continually maxing out your space for only a minimal gain. It’s a mini version of the OEL trade.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
take a shot at casey mittelstadt? center younger. thats if horvat gets dealt. boeser for casey? 1 for 1. same age draft year as petterson

Feb 19, 2018
take a shot at casey mittelstadt? center younger. thats if horvat gets dealt. boeser for casey? 1 for 1. same age draft year as petterson
That just makes the team even softer, we need some grit inserted into our top 6, especially if we are losing Horvat. Mikheyev, Kuzmenko, Pettersson, Boeser, Miller, Garland, Hoglander is super soft and adding Casey just makes us easier to play against.
Podkolzin could really help turn this around and adding a player like David Backes in his prime is what we should be targeting.

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
That just makes the team even softer, we need some grit inserted into our top 6, especially if we are losing Horvat. Mikheyev, Kuzmenko, Pettersson, Boeser, Miller, Garland, Hoglander is super soft and adding Casey just makes us easier to play against.
Podkolzin could really help turn this around and adding a player like David Backes in his prime is what we should be targeting.
In like nhl13 maybe I was in a keeper online league on PlayStation and I traded John Tavares for David Backes and Chris Stewart. Tavares was slow and soft while Backes and Stewart went like 30/30 each(goals and injuries caused).

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Casey Mittelstadt is a weird player. Stats suggest you have a 0.5 ppg player who has been on a bad team and could potentially do better on a contending squad however the eye test suggests a guy that plays loose and isn't fit to be a top 6 C. I get Mike Santorelli or Kyle Wellwood vibes with him.

He probably still carries value due to his stats and draft pedigree...so Buffalo would be smart to move him for a 2C piece.

brock hughes007

Sep 12, 2019
victoria
Trade Kuz at the deadline no matter what.

If you want, let him know what you're planning to offer in the offseason ahead of trading him.
Then why would he even want to come back to this shit show. Management has shown no direction with this team at all.Why would he want to come back.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Then why would he even want to come back to this shit show. Management has shown no direction with this team at all.Why would he want to come back.

If they don't trade him, why would he want to re-sign. Not trading him shows even less direction.

If they do trade him they can point to hire they used assets from his trade and horvat trade to fix the team.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
If they don't trade him, why would he want to re-sign. Not trading him shows even less direction.

If they do trade him they can point to hire they used assets from his trade and horvat trade to fix the team.
I think it’s safe to assume Kuzmenko is gone. He should have tremendous value as a rental at the deadline (assuming he continues to produce and doesn’t get hurt)

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
I think Trading Garland (5), Myers(6) and Miller(8) and keeping Horvat(8), Kuz(5) and adding a top 4 Dman is the direction to go. I could be convienced to keep Miller over Horvat though

19 Mill out the door roughly 10 mill to play with (4 of which is probably marked for Pettersson)

5 Mill to play with to go after someone like Severson/Dumba or to acquire someone who doesnt fit another teams cap structure like Carlo

Delocatedfan

Jun 1, 2021
No way Kuz gets moved, anyone predicting so is high af. May as well trade EP and Hughes at that point.
I only see it if his ask is crazy high & they are unable to shift some of Boeser / Garland / Pearson or Myers.

Brock for Lucic (maybe JRPA can finangle a pick from Treliving) works since Lucic ontract is expiring

Reactions: MarkMM

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Extend Bo and Kuz, move Brock & Garland. Myers and Pearson next season gone. Bring in a 3C, and 2 defenseman.

Seems completely doable, and the $ works. This is the way.

If not, just trade EP and Hughes for Lotto picks and start over. The only 2 scenarios I see working out.

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC
Between the 2, trade miller before horvat

All else being equal, agreed; but the difference in return could easily sway me, I think we're going to find they both out-performed during their contract years and will be overpaid.

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022
Rickard Gronberg and ZSC Lions have parted ways because Gronberg has signed with another club for next season. Looks like it's going to be an NHL coaching gig but not confirmed on who yet.

Reactions: geebaan and Vector

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Extend Bo and Kuz, move Brock & Garland. Myers and Pearson next season gone. Bring in a 3C, and 2 defenseman.

Seems completely doable, and the $ works. This is the way.

If not, just trade EP and Hughes for Lotto picks and start over. The only 2 scenarios I see working out.

How is this doable with no assets to burn?

I think we will find out soon if Kuze is a long term asset or not. We can start to talk contract and that will be telling.

This team needs change and I believe we will see it this deadline and offseason, and we will be able to tell then what this team really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad