Fantasy GM Thread | Two Minutes to Midnight for Horvat?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Carlo is extremely valuable. Big top-4 defencemen in their mid-20s signed long term at a great cap hit (4 years at 4.1m) are worth a tonne. The only reason the Bruins would trade him would be to upgrade another part of their roster and Garland doesn’t bring enough of that.

Reactions: Nucker101

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
They can do a hell of a lot better value wise than Carlo + 2nd for Garland + Rathbone

I think the Miller trade talk is moot, I would be shocked if they trade him soon.
How? What has either of those done to create that much value? Beside Carlo fits well in Van.
The Miller talk, they HAVE to trade him before his NMC kicks in. Although I do think he would wave it to get out of here if he still wants to win. Unless the Sedins have gotten to him and all that matters is being a "professional", playing for money rather than a cup or making the cup just a thing. Eliminate the emotions, do your job, which is entertaining the mob.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Yes. That offer blows

does it?

i don't see how we get much more than that for a rental player who the team has almost publicly declared they are no longer talking to (with the player himself dropping a clarifying press release)

the 1st is not worth much but liljegren is. we aren't getting byram for an unsigned bo.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
They can do a hell of a lot better value wise than Carlo + 2nd for Garland + Rathbone

I think the Miller trade talk is moot, I would be shocked if they trade him soon.

Carlo is extremely valuable. Big top-4 defencemen in their mid-20s signed long term at a great cap hit (4 years at 4.1m) are worth a tonne. The only reason the Bruins would trade him would be to upgrade another part of their roster and Garland doesn’t bring enough of that.
Well I changed my mind, concussions have derailed his future that is why Boston is willing to move him

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
does it?

i don't see how we get much more than that for a rental player who the team has almost publicly declared they are no longer talking to (with the player himself dropping a clarifying press release)

the 1st is not worth much but liljegren is. we aren't getting byram for an unsigned bo.

Yeah. Horvat as a rental is worth a late first+good propect+maybe 1 or 2 B or C prospects. If you can get a good, young top 4 D for Horvat it needs to be accepted.

Reactions: vancityluongo

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
How? What has either of those done to create that much value? Beside Carlo fits well in Van.
The Miller talk, they HAVE to trade him before his NMC kicks in. Although I do think he would wave it to get out of here if he still wants to win. Unless the Sedins have gotten to him and all that matters is being a "professional", playing for money rather than a cup or making the cup just a thing. Eliminate the emotions, do your job, which is entertaining the mob.
I mean Boston can do much better. As Vector states above, a player like Carlo would be in high demand, Garland and Rathbone not so much. Boston says no to Carlo alone for those two, let alone the pick swap.

And yes I agree that the concussions are a concern but desperate teams that need a top 4 RHD defensive dman will take the risk.

Delocatedfan

Jun 1, 2021
I doubt they would get him & Nashville certainly wont trade him but I feel like Jeanott would be a very nice top 6 winger here (brings a skill & grit package that would mesh well here & has been lacking for awhile)

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Seriously, rebuild already.
This team is going nowhere at this trajectory.
Bo+Kuz are gonna bring a f*** ton of picks/prospects.
If you can trade other players for picks its gonna be cherry on top.
We are already f***ing suck, if the nucks are gonna be a shit team then might as well aim for top 5 picks. I'd trade petey/hughes as well if the price is right.

This is definitely the last chance aquaman is gonna get.
Rebulid or watch his team's value plummet even further.
Rangers/Kings/Red Wings/etc. are already ahead of us, their rebuild started like a couple seasons ago.

Steamer

Jul 12, 2009
In the nosebleeds
Anyone who suggest blowing it up and trading everybody but Petey ar crazy. In a season ands a half he is a RFA again and if he signs a one year contract he will be a UFA the season after. He isn't resigning unless he likes the look of where the team is going. In classic Canuck fashion Horvat is worth less than he would be pre-pandemic if the contract and age were the same. However, large parts of this team could be moved especially if getting back contracts is involved. But Horvat is too good a player for some Stanley Cup contender to think seriously about if he might be the right player. I suspect the next few big trades will be more like trades pre-cap in the 70's and 80's. Often two or even three players moving in a trade. Chicago traded 6 players wto Atlanta in the 70's and got 6 players back.

• Haha
Reactions: geebaan

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
I really can't stand Boeser, Garland, OEL, and Myers anymore. I'm really close to adding Demko to this list as well.

30 points in 53 games between Boeser/Garland

20 points in 59 games for OEL/Myers

And the fact that these clowns are taking 26 million in cap space (31 million if you include Demko) is mind boggling to me.

Reactions: Fatass

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Seriously, rebuild already.
This team is going nowhere at this trajectory.
Bo+Kuz are gonna bring a f*** ton of picks/prospects.
If you can trade other players for picks its gonna be cherry on top.
We are already f***ing suck, if the nucks are gonna be a shit team then might as well aim for top 5 picks. I'd trade petey/hughes as well if the price is right.

This is definitely the last chance aquaman is gonna get.
Rebulid or watch his team's value plummet even further.
Rangers/Kings/Red Wings/etc. are already ahead of us, their rebuild started like a couple seasons ago.
Yup. Definitely. But Aquilini appears to be keeping management working within his direction of bringing in current NHL players over futures.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
I really can't stand Boeser, Garland, OEL, and Myers anymore. I'm really close to adding Demko to this list as well.

30 points in 53 games between Boeser/Garland

20 points in 59 games for OEL/Myers

And the fact that these clowns are taking 26 million in cap space (31 million if you include Demko) is mind boggling to me.
little early to drop Demko, the dude had a bad start to the season and has been injured for the last couple weeks......

Reactions: rypper

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
This is a weird feeling, for me anyway.

Once the trade freeze hit, I kinda lost some interest in the team. I think the "hope" of change, not necessarily to be winning now but just a step into the right direction, has hit me as the team is totally irrelevant because it cannot do anything.

I don't think I was aware of just how much hope for change I was feeling. Sort of like once the freeze hit there was no more hope because nothing could be done. Not that anything was being done but where there was a possibility now there was none. Maybe there never was and I got suckered into placing the team to high on my list of interest.

It just suddenly made me feel how foolish I have been even wasting time and money on this, how could I be so connected to what this entertainment is.

Just me I guess, maybe just the winter doldrums.

Oh well, it doesn't stop me from speculation and at least it is an outlet for the decades of experience around the game.

"Aim low, avoid disappointment" should be the fan motto. As it is now a whiff of the last wild card spot is being dangled as fan bait.

Canucks 26th today and solidified their status as THE WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE OVER THE LAST 8 YEARS.

Eight regulation wins, only 4 teams have fewer.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
little early to drop Demko, the dude had a bad start to the season and has been injured for the last couple weeks......
No, that is the mistake that has happened too much here, hanging on past the best before date and then squandering asset value.
If the rumoured offer from LA is accurate they would offer up a 1rst round pick. Take it.
Demko will have no use here except to cover up holes on the team as him and Markstrom have been doing for 6 years.
For this team to be a really good team the goalie cannot be the only reason they can win.
Two player out of the line up, Pettersson and Demko and the team flounders worse than normal.
With just Demko starting off badly look at the remainder, they can't win in regulation time, they play to get to OT so they can get a point, they count on the PP to score.

What reason is there to keep any on this team as it is? How is another 2 years going to change this group of misfits.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
No, that is the mistake that has happened too much here, hanging on past the best before date and then squandering asset value.
If the rumoured offer from LA is accurate they would offer up a 1rst round pick. Take it.
Demko will have no use here except to cover up holes on the team as him and Markstrom have been doing for 6 years.
For this team to be a really good team the goalie cannot be the only reason they can win.
Two player out of the line up, Pettersson and Demko and the team flounders worse than normal.
With just Demko starting off badly look at the remainder, they can't win in regulation time, they play to get to OT so they can get a point, they count on the PP to score.

What reason is there to keep any on this team as it is? How is another 2 years going to change this group of misfits.
Would our owner allow a futures return for Demko? Wouldn’t the return have to be a young NHL player? Love to get the rebuild started with high picks, but don’t see our owner allowing that direction.

Reactions: theguardianII

Frankie Blueberries

Dream Team
Jan 27, 2016
Would our owner allow a futures return for Demko? Wouldn’t the return have to be a young NHL player? Love to get the rebuild started with high picks, but don’t see our owner allowing that direction.
I wonder if the Avs’ goaltending sinks their team in the playoffs this year, if they’d be interested in a Demko trade (at least he’s somewhat cost controlled). Assuming Demko returns to form beforehand, would be great if we could get a Byram type return. Probably wishful thinking on my behalf.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I wonder if the Avs’ goaltending sinks their team in the playoffs this year, if they’d be interested in a Demko trade (at least he’s somewhat cost controlled). Assuming Demko returns to form beforehand, would be great if we could get a Byram type return. Probably wishful thinking on my behalf.
Demko and Bo at the TDL for Byram, Newhook, and cap?

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I’m bracing myself for a mediocre return for Horvat to temper expectations. It’s going to be something like Roslovic, Peeke/Ceulemans, and a 2nd.

I have a different concern here. I feel like the Canucks will take one last run and pony up an 8x8 or 8x9 offer to him which he accepts, only for him to revert to his career average of being a 25-30 goal, 55-65 point center - which while no bad thing, isn’t worth $8 or $9M a season.

I do think this hot streak of goals will come to an end. He’s always been a streaky scorer. The time to sign him to a reasonable extension was in the summer, and the price is too high now.

Just my opinion.

Although I also agree, the trade market is going to be very underwhelming here.

Reactions: Canucks LB and m9

brock hughes007

Sep 12, 2019
victoria
I'm curious as to wtf this management team does during the day.No signs of nothing,except drinking egg nog and sucking candy canes, then call it a day.1 president, 1 gm,and 20 assistant gms,can not figure out what the hell is wrong with this team.Thats pretty pathetic.

Frankie Blueberries

Dream Team
Jan 27, 2016
I have a different concern here. I feel like the Canucks will take one last run and pony up an 8x8 or 8x9 offer to him which he accepts, only for him to revert to his career average of being a 25-30 goal, 55-65 point center - which while no bad thing, isn’t worth $8 or $9M a season.

I do think this hot streak of goals will come to an end. He’s always been a streaky scorer. The time to sign him to a reasonable extension was in the summer, and the price is too high now.

Just my opinion.

I am concerned about that as well, but I figured Horvat is done here as he’s tired of losing (has said so in previous interviews) along with alleged issues in the locker room. I think he might be ready to move on despite competitive offers being given to him.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013

Just my opinion.

I’m bracing myself for a mediocre return for Horvat to temper expectations. It’s going to be something like Roslovic, Peeke/Ceulemans, and a 2nd.

I think you're both right, the top post is their Plan A and the bottom post is their Plan B.

Both ugly scenarios.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad