Fantasy GM Thread | Two Minutes to Midnight for Horvat?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dman34

May 6, 2011
hughes does not have nearly the popularity (league wide) you seem to think he does. he'd be the 2nd or 3rd best left defender they have depending on how you feel about siegenthaler
Huh??? Hughes is top 5 in scoring for NHL defenceman over the past 3 seasons. Only Fox, Makar, Josi & Hedman are better and he's put up these numbers playing beside the rotting corpse of Tyler Myers, Travis Hamonic and Jordie Benn.

Are you really debating Quinn Huges vs Siegenthaler? LOL
He would be the best LHD by far on the Devils and it's not even close.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Side note but Emil Bemstrom is someone who I think we should try and take a flyer on this season fro CBJ. He is one of the top scoring forwards in the AHL and hasnt been able to safe secure an NHL spot yet but he is someone who is being overlooked because of the depth the CBJ has on the wings.

Could be a throw in type of player if CBJ was looking to acquire Horvat

Something like Cuelemens, Bemstrum and 2023 2nd

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Fantasy GM thread gets some fantasy GM trades, lets go!

Canucks should go for a rebuild here. Keep Petey and trade everyone else. Retain as much as possible for this year and even next year to maximize value.

Myers at 50% retention to the leafs for 2nd round pick 2023 and 4th rnd pick 2024​
Horvat at 50% retention + Schenn + Hoglander to the Avs for Byram + Newhook​
Bear at the deadline for a 3rd round pick to (insert contending team here)​
Demko to the Kings for Durzi, Turcotte, 2nd rnd pick​
Jt. Miller + Rathbone to CBJ for Sillinger, Peeke, and a cap dump if needed​
Hughes to NJD for Nemec, Mercer, Vilen, Schmid (Goalie prospect)​
Boeser to the Isles for Bolduc and Beauvillier​

No one would take OEL so we'd be stuck with him until a buyout makes sense fiscally.
2024 D core would look like
Byram Nemec
OEL Durzi
Bolduc Peeke,

Top six forwards lost (Jt. Miller, Boeser, Horvat, Hoglander are replaced with Newhook, Turcotte, Sillinger, Mercer)
No plan to replace Demko, maybe go after a UFA guy like Tristan Jarry , or maybe Schmid works out in a few years.

Easy job this GM gig.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
The best thing to do with Horvat is try to catch a team with an unprotected 2024 1st. I think Winnipeg might be a good option here, especially considering there's no trade protection.

Reactions: mathonwy

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Huh??? Hughes is top 5 in scoring for NHL defenceman over the past 3 seasons. Only Fox, Makar, Josi & Hedman are better and he's put up these numbers playing beside the rotting corpse of Tyler Myers, Travis Hamonic and Jordie Benn.

Are you really debating Quinn Huges vs Siegenthaler? LOL
He would be the best LHD by far on the Devils and it's not even close.

The Quinn Hughes defamation around here is really getting out of hand.

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022
Now that Zub is off the market, sights are set on Jake Livingstone and Robin Press for that elusive top 4 RHD.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I love how all these insiders keep saying about potential canuck trades

“We think he could flourish in a more structured environment”

Essentially saying this team is poorly coached and has been for a damn long time.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Now that Zub is off the market, sights are set on Jake Livingstone and Robin Press for that elusive top 4 RHD.
Not a desperate situation at all

I love how all these insiders keep saying about potential canuck trades

“We think he could flourish in a more structured environment”

Essentially saying this team is poorly coached and has been for a damn long time.
Seems pretty convenient to keep blaming coaches. Maybe the next guy will have the Midas touch ability to turn shit into gold

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
At least people will stop pencilling Artem Zub into the lineup. Good-luck fixing the blueline through free agency.

Reactions: geebaan

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Not a desperate situation at all

Seems pretty convenient to keep blaming coaches. Maybe the next guy will have the Midas touch ability to turn shit into gold

It just sounds like the prevailing theory from people within the league.

I mean us fans know we have no structure
But it clearly shows to others as well.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
At least people will stop pencilling Artem Zub into the lineup. Good-luck fixing the blueline through free agency.

what do you mean. look at this amazing class of pending free agent defenders who shoot right:

john klingberg
matt dumba
erik johnson
damon severson
kevin shattenkirk
travis hamonic
nick jensen
radko gudas
justin holl
scott mayfield
troy stetcher
anton stralman
connor clifton
luke schenn

just sign luke schenn, travis hamonic and troy stecher. rebuild done

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
what do you mean. look at this amazing class of pending free agent defenders who shoot right:

john klingberg
matt dumba
erik johnson
damon severson
kevin shattenkirk
travis hamonic
nick jensen
radko gudas
justin holl
scott mayfield
troy stetcher
anton stralman
connor clifton
luke schenn

just sign luke schenn, travis hamonic and troy stecher. rebuild done

You forgot Jake Livingstone

Reactions: sting101

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Talk of teardowns is objectively stupid

Their blueline is awful and they’re out Pettersson and Demko.

The first overall pick this year is a canucks fan and future top five player.

The market is begging for a teardown.

They still won’t do it. It’s never happening.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Talk of teardowns is objectively stupid

Their blueline is awful and they’re out Pettersson and Demko.

The first overall pick this year is a canucks fan and future top five player.

The market is begging for a teardown.

They still won’t do it. It’s never happening.
You don't even need a teardown. Dumping Miller last deadline, Boeser last off-season, and Horvat this year would've stepped this team back, but gave them lots of ammunition and capspace to utilize this up coming season, to really make some adjustments to this club.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Honest question but who are recent examples of undrafted college dmen who became anything more than bottom pairing dmen?

Off the top of my head it’s Tanev and Krug and even they were signed like a decade ago

Not saying that the Canucks shouldn’t be all over a free decent dman prospect but I’m not holding my breath on one developing into a decent top 4 dman

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
Honest question but who are recent examples of undrafted college dmen who became anything more than bottom pairing dmen?

Off the top of my head it’s Tanev and Krug and even they were signed like a decade ago

Not saying that the Canucks shouldn’t be all over a free decent dman prospect but I’m not holding my breath on one developing into a decent top 4 dman

blankenburg if he sticks. blankenburg was considered the much better prospect last year when both were available to sign

the canucks should try to sign livingstone's teammate hirose too. he's got more nhl skills than livingstone imo

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
I said this in the management thread but we have to start drafting our own Dmen in the first 2 rounds. 3 defencemen in the first 2 rounds in the last 14 drafts. College FAs are mostly bottom pairing guys and depth and UFAs are mostly expensive 4/5s. We need to develop our own

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad