Fantasy GM Thread | Two Minutes to Midnight for Horvat?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
NJ will have no interest is acquiring Hughes for what it would take.

WTF would they do it other than the fact his brothers play there?

They also likely don't trade Nemec straight-up for Hughes given he's a RHD and on an ELC.

Put it to bed.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
"there motivated to do things" Then do it!!! :laugh:

They can’t.

Friedman is like a freaking crossword clue generator when it comes to giving information - but the one thing he said that likely explains why nothing is happening is “the league is constipated”.

It’s a shitty time to be making a trade. (Because of COURSE it is the moment the Canucks start looking to move core pieces)

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
They can’t.

Friedman is like a freaking crossword clue generator when it comes to giving information - but the one thing he said that likely explains why nothing is happening is “the league is constipated”.

It’s a shitty time to be making a trade.
(Because of COURSE it is the moment the Canucks start looking to move core pieces)

447-4470047_pepto-bismol-png-download-medicine-for-running-stomach.png

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Trading Hughes would be ridiculous. We've never had a defenseman as dynamic as him. Think of how brutal the defense is when he's sick or hurt. There's literally nobody to replace what he brings. Losing Hughes would hurt the team more then almost anyone.
It would be smart for both van and nj.

Quinn aint it dude, without the local rose glasses he's a better trade chip than untouchable franchise cornerstone.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
They can’t.

It’s a shitty time to be making a trade. (Because of COURSE it is the moment the Canucks start looking to move core pieces)

Exactly this. Although, the regular season prior to the Christmas break has, historically, always been very tough to make a trade. I take the idea that they are motivated to make changes as the Canucks are active in contacting other teams. Nothing will come of it until January at the absolute earliest.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
They can’t.

Unfortunately for us, it's not a shitty enough time currently.

1671486109308.png

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I feel confident the team will all of a sudden, for the first time in 9 years, start doing things correctly and plan for now but more importantly for the future

C97t6FOWAAAqhuO.jpg

Reactions: me2

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
i don't think we should read too much into 'moving core players'. i believe the canucks/friedman probably consider some or all of garland, boeser, myers, oel, bear, schenn, mikheyev, lazar, joshua, etc "core" players. at least in this context

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022
you guys still accept hot takes from reporters that have absolutely no Idea what's going on?

pro tip: whenever a 'media' person starts off by saying "think, believe", then it means they're talking out of their ass for clicks, views, and exposure.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
you guys still accept hot takes from reporters that have absolutely no Idea what's going on?

pro tip: whenever a 'media' person starts off by saying "think, believe", then it means they're talking out of their ass for clicks, views, and exposure.

It’s not as though we’ve really gotten a hot tip.

“The Canucks are trying to make change. But failing an ability to do that, they’ll stay as they are.”

That’s basically been the report for almost 12 continuous months.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
It's just a bunch of management non-speak. It doesn't mean anything in terms of imminent trades.

This group has talked a lot out of both sides directly though (not the reporters) about their direction and analysis. There's plenty to be exasperated about.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017

They also likely don't trade Nemec straight-up for Hughes given he's a RHD and on an ELC.

Put it to bed.
Yes it’s just delusional fanboys spouting the same nonsense over and over. Just like Minny needs to have Brock because he is from there! Do Vancouver fans desperately want Luke Hughes because we have his brother? Didn’t think so

Exactly the opposite of what they should be doing, but they've made their own impossible bed. Miller won't be traded because no one probably wants him at that price. Horvat will have to be traded because the Canucks can't afford him. So here's hoping they get a haul.
How is that the opposite of what they should be doing if other teams won’t take on Millers contract? Should we package him with a 1st so we can re sign Bo? Bo needs to be the fist to go

Reactions: m9

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi

Put it to bed.

Disagree. Hughes would add some glitz to a sort of blah org that's 3rd in popularity in the NY area.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Exactly the opposite of what they should be doing, but they've made their own impossible bed. Miller won't be traded because no one probably wants him at that price. Horvat will have to be traded because the Canucks can't afford him. So here's hoping they get a haul.
This is an interesting view point to me. Like, I definitely didn't want to extend Miller, but if there was one thing that could be learned from that deal is that you don't want to re-sign a player based on what is by far that player's best year. So, its odd to me that some people are upset about the Miller contract because they want to give Horvat a similar contract. Again, I get being upset about the Miller contract, but why would anyone want to go ahead and make the same mistake again and pay Horvat like he's a 50+ goal scorer. Its bizarre to me.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
It would be smart for both van and nj.

Quinn aint it dude, without the local rose glasses he's a better trade chip than untouchable franchise cornerstone.
Gonna have to disagree. If the team isn't going to commit to a rebuild, which they don't seem like they are, you gotta keep Hughes.

He's already at 12 on the all time points list for the canucks and will be nearing top 6 by seasons end.

You keep players like Hughes, bring in players to help make him better. If you trade Hughes, guaranteed in a few years all people will say is, man I wish we had a player like Hughes.

I don't think Quinn is a good fit for new jersey either besides his last name.

Reactions: Orr4Norris
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad