Player Discussion Fabian Lysell

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
If they put him with Coyle & Marchand he’s getting a HOF and a very good player who’s probably going to play 1000 games. They will coach him on the ice as well.

All he has to do is read and react and make simple Adam Fox-like decisions

It’s set up for him on a platter- I’ve rarely seen a situation so ‘there’ ~ Chris Bourque has nothing on this

And if it doesn’t work you slide Geekie up like Panthers did with Evan Rodriguez

Let’s Go Fabs!!!!!

So, who's not playing?

Geekie, Brazeau or Kastelic?

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I think geekie is a lock to play after his season last year. I think he’s a really solid 3rd line guy, don’t necessarily want him playing on the 2nd line unless there’s injuries though

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I think geekie is a lock to play after his season last year. I think he’s a really solid 3rd line guy, don’t necessarily want him playing on the 2nd line unless there’s injuries though

Exactly how I feel. He is so overmatched in the top 6. Keep him in the bottom 6 and he’s a fine player.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I go with Coyle & Marchand

This couldn’t be any more perfect situation

Eventually he will be with Poitras but I don’t need two yutes on same line both trying to make team

Coyle & Marchand will be able to sit with him after and go over to things with him - film, and decisions of what he saw

MARCHAND - COYLE- Lysell

FREDERIC- Poitras - GEEKIE

The vets can carry the kids

It’s times like this and game 5 v Florida 2023 I wish I was the coach and Monty on the 9th floor taking notes

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
So, who's not playing?

Geekie, Brazeau or Kastelic?
I suspect it depends on who is hot, who the opponent is and who is or isn't injured. I think it'll be somewhat like it's been with Lohrei. Players that can be sent up and down without waivers will go up and down all year. Several guys can play wing or center so Monty can mix and match all year to let whoever wants to earn it full time earn it.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
I go with Coyle & Marchand

This couldn’t be any more perfect situation

Eventually he will be with Poitras but I don’t need two yutes on same line both trying to make team

Coyle & Marchand will be able to sit with him after and go over to things with him - film, and decisions of what he saw

MARCHAND - COYLE- Lysell

FREDERIC- Poitras - GEEKIE

The vets can carry the kids

It’s times like this and game 5 v Florida 2023 I wish I was the coach and Monty on the 9th floor taking notes
I have the same thing

Zacha Lindholm Pastrnak
Marchand Coyle Lysell
Frederic Poitras Geekie
Jones Beecher Brazeau
Kastelic

Defense and goaltending are obvious. This should get you enough to the TDL to evaluate.

I think Brazeau will be the odd man out.
Who do you think will be the net front on PP1? I think Brazeau is going to be in for a big year

With JVR and Debrusk out and Lindholm in the bumper, that spot is up for grabs and I don't think anyone is a better fit there. Maybe Frederic gets a look? Coyle?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I have the same thing

Zacha Lindholm Pastrnak
Marchand Coyle Lysell
Frederic Poitras Geekie
Jones Beecher Brazeau
Kastelic

Defense and goaltending are obvious. This should get you enough to the TDL to evaluate.

Who do you think will be the net front on PP1? I think Brazeau is going to be in for a big year

With JVR and Debrusk out and Lindholm in the bumper, that spot is up for grabs and I don't think anyone is a better fit there. Maybe Frederic gets a look? Coyle?
I’m a Braz guy - hopefully he doesn’t lose weight because they could not move him

Ben Rothlesburger was able to move around the pocket even at his size - that’s Brazzeau. He can navigate the front of net and with reach and soft hands he’s a weapon

He needs to be on PP2 for 1/3 of time

Injuries happen, matchups, rest etc - going to need 14 F

He’s a very interesting player and he could be on any line other then RW1 to moi

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
I think Brazeau will be the odd man out.
They didn’t trade for Kastelic to sit him. They also didn’t go out and beef up to still ice a Charmin-like team. Surprisingly, people still want to post lineups similar to the losing formula from the last ten years.

Our GM went all Brian Burke for a reason, finally realizing that soft gets bounced early in the playoffs.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
They didn’t trade for Kastelic to sit him. They also didn’t go out and beef up to still ice a Charmin-like team. Surprisingly, people still want to post lineups similar to the losing formula from the last ten years.

Our GM went all Brian Burke for a reason, finally realizing that soft gets bounced early in the playoffs.
Ideally I’d like Tonelli, Nystrom, and Gillies playing wing but it’s about balance and if Lysell is good it helps the team

I want him on L2 because I want big heavy guys in bottom 6

Perfect for me is Lysell being a 50 + Point player if not I’m good putting Geekie there

But we have to know now

Zacha - Lindholm- Pastrnak
Marchand - Coyle- Lysell

Frederic- Poitras - Geekie
Beecher - Kastelic- Jones/Braz

Reactions: Alan Ryan

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
I have the same thing

Zacha Lindholm Pastrnak
Marchand Coyle Lysell
Frederic Poitras Geekie
Jones Beecher Brazeau
Kastelic

I’m also team Brazeau
Dude had a pretty wild ride to get to the NHL

Gotta think he’s busting his balls this summer training

Guys gonna be a beast. Can’t teach size and the man has some of the best hands on the team.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Have you seen Mark Kastelic play? He's making the team but he's nowhere close to a sure thing every single game. He'll have to earn his keep like most of the bottom part of the forward group.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
I have the same thing

Zacha Lindholm Pastrnak
Marchand Coyle Lysell
Frederic Poitras Geekie
Jones Beecher Brazeau
Kastelic

Brazeau is a really interesting wildcard. I don't see him dumped on the 4th line because I really think the plan there is to go heavy and hard and that's Jones-Beecher-Kastelic and unless one of them unexpectedly sucks, that'll be the healthy 4th line all year.

The top lines have numerous options. I could see Zacha Lindholm Pasta, but I could just as easily see Marchand Lindholm Pasternak. You can go more speed and scoring on 1 and then more 2 way on 2 but thinking about who might complement who and develop line chemistry Brazeau or Geekie could play higher up.

I could even see this:
Marchand-Lindholm-Pasternak
Zacha-Coyle-Brazeau
Frederic- Poitras/Geekie/Lysell (Geekie can be center or wing depending on which of Lysell/Poitras is in the lineup)

I see a lot of possible mixing and matching until things work and we see which (if either) of Poitras/Lysell (or Merkulov) makes the line up.

Reactions: CellyHard

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

Kastelic still has to earn a spot. He was a healthy scratch at times for Ottawa, you never know who is going to put play who. Overall there’s going to be injuries and rotation of players anyways, so all will get plenty of ice time.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Have you seen Mark Kastelic play? He's making the team but he's nowhere close to a sure thing every single game. He'll have to earn his keep like most of the bottom part of the forward group.
Some of these people here don’t understand balance

If Lysell is to become a Teuvo Teravainen type player it helps the Bruins win

Ideally I want to win and kick the crap out of the other team but we have to score

If Lysell is not that or projects to that move Geekie up

I’m surprised how Geekie doesn’t get more love as a good player

He freakin rocked some Panthers in that playoff series - he was hitting to leave a mark and I didn’t realize he was that guy

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Blows my mind too. I thought Geekie had a strong year. It's embarrassing how many line-ups I see posted where a rookie Poitras is pushing the veteran Geekie to the wing. It should be the other way around, let the rookie break in on the wing there is no shame in that.

Line-ups where Geekie is down to the 4th line are also pretty ridiculous.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Some of these people here don’t understand balance

If Lysell is to become a Teuvo Teravainen type player it helps the Bruins win

Ideally I want to win and kick the crap out of the other team but we have to score

If Lysell is not that or projects to that move Geekie up

He freakin rocked some Panthers in that playoff series - he was hitting to leave a mark and I didn’t realize he was that guy

Geekie is a good player.

But he shouldn’t be a consistent top 6’er. If it can be helped.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Blows my mind too. I thought Geekie had a strong year. It's embarrassing how many line-ups I see posted where a rookie Poitras is pushing the veteran Geekie to the wing. It should be the other way around, let the rookie break in on the wing there is no shame in that.

Line-ups where Geekie is down to the 4th line are also pretty ridiculous.
Haha I actually push him to wing because if Poitras has a good camp he’s their third line center

Camp will tell us but I’m also good with a month long indoctrination of minor league hockey for Poitras - it was good enough for Marchand, Chara, Krejci, Pastrnak, and Bergeron I think he will be ok

That would give me this

Frederic- Geekie - Brazzeau
Beecher - Kastelic - Jones

Hey-now !!!!!

Freddie the runt just like McAvoy the runt on the D

Reactions: BruinDust

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Geekie is a good player.

But he shouldn’t be a consistent top 6’er. If it can be helped.
Ideally he’s a heck of a third liner

But Florida flipped up Evan Rodriguez at times who’s a prototypical third liner

Geekie reminds me of Steve Leach

He’s got that 25-30 goal season

Not saying he’s Mike Knuble but there’s a lot of that in him

A check of Knuble career year by year is one of more interesting players in nhl history

And - yes I’m still pissed we let him go

My two favorite under the radar born to be Bruins are Knuble and Andrew Brunette

Geekie isn’t there but I sure liked that signing - and thought are the Kraken on crack when they nontendered him

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Ideally he’s a heck of a third liner

But Florida flipped up Evan Rodriguez at times who’s a prototypical third liner

Geekie reminds me of Steve Leach

He’s got that 25-30 goal season

Not saying he’s Mike Knuble but there’s a lot of that in him

A check of Knuble career year by year is one of more interesting players in nhl history

And - yes I’m still pissed we let him go

My two favorite under the radar born to be Bruins are Knuble and Andrew Brunette

Geekie isn’t there but I sure liked that signing - and thought are the Kraken on crack when they nontendered him
Geekie is player I will be watching to see if last season was a fluke, It will be interesting to see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad