NHL 25 Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden
With Maddens getting new presentation just like this game NHL 25 also should get and FC 25 (fifa) also getting full presentation (longer team intros game days etc) we demand this to NHL series to god dammit.Is it to much to much to ask for?it was in the game 10 years ago.

Jysk

Jul 3, 2004
Skellefteå Sweden
For me personally i would be satisfied if they let us take full control of franshisemode.
To be able to edit players overalls, rookies name and origin, height and weight.
If I want to switch and play with Edmonton a few games and then switch to what ever random team I want, we should be able to do that.

Last year ea said we let you get full control, well give us that then

Another thing i would like but we will never get from ea is, say I chose to put alumni Eric lindros in my franchise mode. I put him on Toronto and get to chose witch year from his Carrer I want to start with. Say I chose after the 95/96 season, all of his stats in my franchise mode will be after that.

More content for editing in the game, vintage gear like jofa, cooper, eston etc
Customized goalie helmets

We had a shop where i live (Sweden) that allowed us to get a copy the day before official release and it would be a pretty large crowd waiting to buy a copy. That was from probably 2005 to 2014. After that its been effortless from ea, putting out shitty games, taking away stuff from the game only to realise their mistake and put it back in later.
My son who played hockey him and his friends doesn't play NHL and hasn't for several years.
Asked him last year if he wanted a copy, thanks but no thanks

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I’d love for BAP and Franchise to get full overhauls, better player likeness (or allow us to edit the appearance of players who do not have scans - or even edit the hair, etc. of those that do). But my primary frustration has always been the actual on-ice action. The fact that you can’t move your hands and feet at the same time is insane to me in 2024. You can stick handle and coast or you can skate, but not both. I’m MILDLY intrigued by some of the new skating animations in the leaked trailer, but until players are capable of actually moving like they do in real life, and AI that actually acknowledges teammates positioning and anticipates plays, supports pucks, cuts to the net, etc. the game will continue to be frustrating. I’m hoping we get a mild upgrade over last year’s garbage, at least.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
With a young child, I primarily just play NHL on my PS Portal whenever I have time. I'd just be happy if they made the presentation of the games somewhat similar to watching an actual hockey game.

I can't believe they thought those stupid cut scenes they added after goals last year were a good idea.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
With a young child, I primarily just play NHL on my PS Portal whenever I have time. I'd just be happy if they made the presentation of the games somewhat similar to watching an actual hockey game.

I can't believe they thought those stupid cut scenes they added after goals last year were a good idea.

How are you liking the ps portal? I got the backbone a year ago but I barely use it. It’s too clunky.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
Trailer looks like 99% the same game….

I’m gunna take a wild guess and assume GM mode will be unchanged. Not even disappointed as it’s very expected
They re literally marketing the LT button for skating. lol Ea is such a joke

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
How are you liking the ps portal? I got the backbone a year ago but I barely use it. It’s too clunky.

I personally love it, it feels great to hold since it is identical to a PS5 controller and pretty lightweight, plus the screen is also very nice on it.

I use it mainly for sports games and single player games (nothing online) and haven't had any complaints about it.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
EA needs community downloads like 2K has

Also maybe let us create more than 1 expansion team and when it comes to them let us create past teams like Whalers, Nordiques

EA is lazy as shit or theyre morons how have they not added a creat a goalie helmet feature?

Reactions: Jysk

hockey17jp

Lets Go Jackets!
Apr 11, 2012
Columbus
I know it won't be the case but if they actually overhauled skating and made it so that it doesn't feel like the most clunky and awful thing in the world that would be great.

Game is awful in it's current state. It feels like trash to play. Overhaul the skating and stickhandling and we can talk.

Reactions: LokiDog

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Official press release.

My favorite part!

“Fan-favorite Franchise Mode also gets a revamp, starting with the Franchise Hub, featuring streamlined navigation that gives players access to new, relevant and easy-to-digest information. This elevated Franchise Mode user experience is just one of the many updates coming to the mode, with more announcements coming in the weeks leading up worldwide launch. More details about each of these features will come in deep dive videos ahead of launch.“

• Wow
Reactions: John Price

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Official press release.

My favorite part!

“Fan-favorite Franchise Mode also gets a revamp, starting with the Franchise Hub, featuring streamlined navigation that gives players access to new, relevant and easy-to-digest information. This elevated Franchise Mode user experience is just one of the many updates coming to the mode, with more announcements coming in the weeks leading up worldwide launch. More details about each of these features will come in deep dive videos ahead of launch.“

I hope that we don’t see random contract numbers and first overall picks from Lithuania…:

Also can we stop having the cap jump 8 million in a year…

Anyways, let’s see what it holds but I wasn’t optimistic, franchise mode needed to be overhauled for years.

Wish they’d bring back upgrades and the office from nhl 2004… those were the days…

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Official press release.

My favorite part!

This makes me slightly optimistic. There's been little to no focus given on franchise the last few years. The fact that there will be deep dive videos could mean theres actual new features to talk about.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
This makes me slightly optimistic. There's been little to no focus given on franchise the last few years. The fact that there will be deep dive videos could mean theres actual new features to talk about.
Yup.. i havent bought an NHL game since 22 bc they never updated franchise mode which is the only mode i play.

So most likely i will purchase this year and i am giddy to see what they changed in the mode

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Obviously we all agree the game sucks so I'm not holding my breath, but the addition of Mohawks to the skating mechanics will be significant for the realism. Should make controlling the point on a PP, doing wrap arounds, etc much more realistic and satisfying. I always thought the lack of Mohawks was one of the biggest differences between skating in this game and skating in real life.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Looks about as expected
Yeah obviously nobody on the development team ever played on defense even at the pee-wee level.

Love mine, it’s great for playing at friends houses without lugging around the PS5 and also good if you want to play and someone else in the family is using the TV the PS5 is plugged into.

Official press release.

My favorite part!

How about actually use the contract and trading rules in the CBA…

Reactions: belair

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
So they edited Franchise a bit, but then have completely and totally neglected Be A Pro....again

It's another skipper, I refuse to reward these lazy scumbags.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frosty415

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Because they didn't address your favorite thing about the game? Good lord.

Because the game has been shit for a decade, they've not only not "addressed" Be A Pro, they're stripped down Be A Pro mode to essentially become worthless. Remember being able to grind your way to the NHL in Junior for multiple years? Lol bye. Oh, you enjoy grinding through the AHL instead of simply being thrown in the NHL no matter how awful you play during preseason and regardless of your Draft position? Lol well too bad, because we stripped that option too. Here's some shitty, reptitive cutscenes that you can't skip instead, enjoy!!!

The gameplay blows, it feels clunky and robotic, the offline modes have been neglected. Simply put the game has been dogshit for a decade now without any kind of significant change.

The series is a f***ing dumpster fire, imagine defending a company completely and totally neglecting their game modes year after year after year, good lord.

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
Because the game has been shit for a decade, they've not only not "addressed" Be A Pro, they're stripped down Be A Pro mode to essentially become worthless. Remember being able to grind your way to the NHL in Junior for multiple years? Lol bye. Oh, you enjoy grinding through the AHL instead of simply being thrown in the NHL no matter how awful you play during preseason and regardless of your Draft position? Lol well too bad, because we stripped that option too. Here's some shitty, reptitive cutscenes that you can't skip instead, enjoy!!!

The gameplay blows, it feels clunky and robotic, the offline modes have been neglected. Simply put the game has been dogshit for a decade now without any kind of significant change.

The series is a f***ing dumpster fire, imagine defending a company completely and totally neglecting their game modes year after year after year, good lord.
Nah its just fine for what I need it for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad