FA/Trade Thread 14-15 Season V.23 | post trade deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddaye

Nov 1, 2011
New Brunswick
He could have just broke the trade without throwing out unproven information like other respectable insiders did. Simple a; "Yandle to NYR, details to come" would still break the trade.

Exactly. Kyper just pulled a name out of the Rangers' roster who had salary he figured would be a good bet to offset Yandle based on roster position.

He didn't do his credibility any favors. The TSN crew handled things smoothly and didn't overplay their hand with assumptions in order to try and break the trade or details faster than Sportsnet.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Tat is really bad value for the Leafs.
2 dumps, and a 25-30 pick for a platoon starter, and Finn

Mind going on the main board and saying that? But seriously, I think this is a good price for Reimer. He won't get a 1st on his own, and that first can be very valuable. Three firsts, plus we only really had to give up Reimer (and a B prospect we don't really need and can easily be altered to some other prospect).

Andrew Mack

Mar 20, 2009
Niagara Region, ON
Pierre and Bob on TSN 1050...

If TO gets a fair offer on Lupul, he will be gone.

Unlikely Phaneuf will go as Leafs do not want to retain salary. See what is out there in summer.

Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Pierre and Bob on TSN 1050...

If TO gets a fair offer on Lupul, he will be gone.

Unlikely Phaneuf will go as Leafs do not want to retain salary. See what is out there in summer.

They said teams wanted the Leafs to retain half his salary (Dallas, Detroit + 1 or 2 more I think). They said that was unlikely.

If teams either come off retaining salary or reduce the amount the interest was still there to move him now.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
I feel like bozak and kessel will be packaged together. If kessel is going, I see it being a multi player deal, him obviously being the main piece. But I have just have a feeling bozak goes with him

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
I feel like bozak and kessel will be packaged together. If kessel is going, I see it being a multi player deal, him obviously being the main piece. But I have just have a feeling bozak goes with him

There's always a chance, but from a salary perspective that could get quite tricky considering they have a combined cap hit of 12.2 million.

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
No... They've stated they don't want Phaneuf because the cap won't work for the future.

There is a definite interest for the Red Wings however, they remain adamant on the Leafs retaining salary. It will be interesting to see if GM's start to panic now and try to make a splash to compete with the Rangers/Penguins etc. The better teams in the East have gotten significantly better.

I really do wonder what Tampa, Montreal, Boston, Islanders and the Wings specifically do going forward.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
I will be disappointed if the Leafs don't manage to get at least another 3 top 60 picks. Right now we only have 2 picks in the top 60. Hardly the formula for a successful tear down.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
There is a definite interest for the Red Wings however, they remain adamant on the Leafs retaining salary. It will be interesting to see if GM's start to panic now and try to make a splash to compete with the Rangers/Penguins etc. The better teams in the East have gotten significantly better.

I really do wonder what Tampa, Montreal, Boston, Islanders and the Wings specifically do going forward.

Bozka, Reimer, Lupul? Phaneuf is likely an offseason thing, or Detroit is going to have to find a way to make it work involving guys like Weiss and Kindl coming back (no retention).

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
I will be disappointed if the Leafs don't manage to get at least another 3 top 60 picks. Right now we only have 2 picks in the top 60. Hardly the formula for a successful tear down.

1) Reimer
2) Bozak
3) Lupul

Plus a bunch of later round picks (4-7) from Holzer, Jokinen, Booth, Sill and Smith.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

Boston is the only team that really start to panic, because they are missing out on pieces that they were in on.

Tampa/Montreal are playing with house money (they're good, and whatever they do is gravy but this year/next year isn't the goal is to be 2-3 years later).

this year the Islanders are such a peculiar because i think the goal was 100 percent "do not give Buffalo a top 5 pick" so they cleared that. i don't think they need to "buy" anything

Wings flat out said they're not sacrificing anything. (Holland isn't a panicker).

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Why would anyone be in a rush to move Reimer?

I hope Lupul and Bozak get moved, but I doubt it now.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Got 2/3 of Canada's world junior top line. Can't remember if McDavid was the other one. They have a good chance at getting him of so.

They also have two thirds of the top line for the London Knights. Missing piece is Marner. Given they will be third... Do you think the idea of keeping that line together makes them draft Marner over Hannifan?

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006

Yup. Flat out, not good enough.

I am confident more are coming though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad