FA/Trade Thread 14-15 Season V.17 - Bored, Now. Make another Trade Happen, Nonis!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009
Not quite enough but it's close-ish.

I like Gudbranson but I don't see him being a top pairing defender in his prime. His 2-way game isn't good enough. Very Luke Schenn-esque without the cement feet.

Still room for Gudbranson to improve as a player. Defenders take a bit longer to develop. Hedman is a good example. If he develops into a tough shutdown defender who can eat up minutes, that is exactly what we are lacking now and in the future.

I'm sure FLA would much rather move Gudbranson than Huberdeau, due to the emergence of Ekblad.

Kessel for Gudbranson, 1st rnd pick in 2015 and a prospect would get it done for me

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
It's official! Franson and Santa to the Preds for a 1st round pick, Jokinen, Leipsic!

We got a great return. Leipsic is an amazing player. Jokinen can return more assets at the TDL. Then that 1st. Let's go!

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
It's official! Franson and Santa to the Preds for a 1st round pick, Jokinen, Leipsic!

I like the deal, hopefully we can flip Olli for a late pick as well. He's on an expiring contract, and had a decent season last year with WPG, so I can see a team taking a flyer on him.

I think the other trades we might see, in order of likelihood are: Winnik, Reimer, Bozak, and Lupul. Returns would probably be around: 3rd, 3rd, 1st, 2nd, IMO.

It'll be nice going into the draft with some extra picks, I'm going to have to start following some of the prospects who will be picked in the range of Nashville's pick.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
I like the deal, hopefully we can flip Olli for a late pick as well. He's on an expiring contract, and had a decent season last year with WPG, so I can see a team taking a flyer on him.

I think the other trades we might see, in order of likelihood are: Winnik, Reimer, Bozak, and Lupul. Returns would probably be around: 3rd, 3rd, 1st, 2nd, IMO.

It'll be nice going into the draft with some extra picks, I'm going to have to start following some of the prospects who will be picked in the range of Nashville's pick.

I'm meh on it so far. Franson = 1st, got it, but why Santo for Leipsic & Jokinen? Seems low. Saw the stats on Leipsic - centre, former 3rd round pick, 35 pts in 47 games as a 20 year old rookie in the AHL. Not bad, based on assists looks like a setup guy. But still... I mean, guess our scouts really liked the guy.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Are you being serious? Who the hell is this guy Leipsic?

20 years old, small, but aggressive. C/LW. Has the same number of points as Connor Brown. He's pretty good if you look him up. Definitely good for a prospect that came along with a 1st and another UFA for 2 rentals.

Reddaye

Nov 1, 2011
New Brunswick
I'm meh on it so far. Franson = 1st, got it, but why Santo for Leipsic & Jokinen? Seems low. Saw the stats on Leipsic - centre, former 3rd round pick, 35 pts in 47 games as a 20 year old rookie in the AHL. Not bad, based on assists looks like a setup guy. But still... I mean, guess our scouts really liked the guy.

Leipsic has speed to burn, and despite his size actually works along the boards and competes hard. Nothing wrong with bringing him back for Santorelli honestly. If we get a 2nd/3rd for Santo it may have turned into nothing at all. At least we Leipsic we've got a better idea of what he may be at the pro level.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

You have NO idea how happy that would make me if that happens soon... Please... please...

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
20 years old, small, but aggressive. C/LW. Has the same number of points as Connor Brown. He's pretty good if you look him up. Definitely good for a prospect that came along with a 1st and another UFA for 2 rentals.

It really bolsters the Marlies as well. I really hope they can go on a run to make the playoffs after such a bad start.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Anybody think Konecny will drop to the 20's and we can get him with the Preds 1st round pick? Or do you think the Leafs will try and move up to 1st overall with both picks and possibly a player like Kessel or Phaneuf?

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Leipsic has speed to burn, and despite his size actually works along the boards and competes hard. Nothing wrong with bringing him back for Santorelli honestly. If we get a 2nd/3rd for Santo it may have turned into nothing at all. At least we Leipsic we've got a better idea of what he may be at the pro level.

It's good to hear that he's a grit and hustle guy - love that. But as decent of a prospect as Leipsic is, wouldn't a 2nd round pick in a deep draft just be better for Santo?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
It is Cox so take it with a grain of salt but yeah would love to get one of WPG's 1st's for Bozak. :)

He's the one that was saying Nashville had a lot of interest in Franson. Dreger as well. Both have said that Bozak is getting interest from other teams...

So I think the smoke is real.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 51s51 seconds ago
Some scouts peg Leipsic as potential 3rd/4th liner tho some say he's not a lock to play regularly. 7-28-35 in 47 AHL games this season.

.... still just not sure why we didn't opt for the 2nd rounder. Guess maybe Nonis didn't think he could get another 1st from a different team for Franson....

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
He's the one that was saying Nashville had a lot of interest in Franson. Dreger as well. Both have said that Bozak is getting interest from other teams...

So I think the smoke is real.

Very true so maybe we can give him a bit of hope that he can go 2/2 on these things.

Personally I always like Dreger. Thought he had good inside info as he seems to break a TON of trades.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yeah, time to stop bashing Dreger and Cox. When it comes to the Leafs they are dead on.

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 51s51 seconds ago
Some scouts peg Leipsic as potential 3rd/4th liner tho some say he's not a lock to play regularly. 7-28-35 in 47 AHL games this season.

.... still just not sure why we didn't opt for the 2nd rounder. Guess maybe Nonis didn't think he could get another 1st from a different team for Franson....

It is always subjective. Personally I would believe Hunter and co did their homework and I trust them as of right now. (We will see in the next 2 seasons how it is shaping up.)

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
It really bolsters the Marlies as well. I really hope they can go on a run to make the playoffs after such a bad start.

I want to see Leipsic play today if possible. He will really help our team out, and he does have 3 hours still to get over to Birmingham. Really underrated piece here.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013

You have NO idea how happy that would make me if that happens soon... Please... please...

That is the price on Bozak so... Jokinen could be moved on top of him also. I don't see why not? Not like center depth really matters. We'll play freaking Biggs there if we have to; he's played his best hockey there :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad