Confirmed Signing with Link: F Vitaly Kravtsov signs 2 year deal with Traktor Chelyabinsk in the KHL

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Dude literally lost his breath climbing over the boards for a change

I don’t get why his conditioning was soo damn poor
"I feel like I'm a smart player and was able to overcome the fear of making mistakes playing a full season in the KHL," "I think that will translate well over to any league in the future. I got the experience against big, strong men."

Screenshot 2023-05-25 103533.png
Screenshot 2023-05-25 103314.png

Unfortunately, this is how he still looks...

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Goalies I will give you, but the only top 4 d-men on the Rangers roster that they actually drafted was K'Andre Miller. Fox and Lindgren they were gifted as NHL ready top 4 guys. Fox demanding to play for the Rangers, using the NCAA exemption. Lindgren was part of the Nash deal, the NYR only got Nash in the first place because he demanded to go there.

Trouba was another star player who wanted to go the NYR.

Don't think you realize how easy you have it, with just about every player from the Eastern US wanted to play, almost exclusively, for the NYR.
You're ignoring the guys they traded away. Since the rebuild, they only drafted 4 defensemen in the first 2 rounds. 1 got traded for a 1st to Dallas. 2 are currently on the roster.

If you go into the 3rd around, they drafted 2 since the letter. 1 has been called up several times, but unfortunately doesn't have the size to make up for a short leash when making mistakes.

They didn't really develop any star defensemen over the years. Fox was great, "day one ish", but they have a pretty good history top 4, #2/3, etc.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
shop.profetkeyboards.com
You're ignoring the guys they traded away. Since the rebuild, they only drafted 4 defensemen in the first 2 rounds. 1 got traded for a 1st to Dallas. 2 are currently on the roster.

If you go into the 3rd around, they drafted 2 since the letter. 1 has been called up several times, but unfortunately doesn't have the size to make up for a short leash when making mistakes.

They didn't really develop any star defensemen over the years. Fox was great, "day one ish", but they have a pretty good history top 4, #2/3, etc.

Do the Rangers not get credit for Skjei or Pionk?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Just goes to show speed with size means nothing sometimes.

One of the worst skating mechanics I have ever seen in a player in my life.

It’s actually hilarious how he skates

BPD

Jul 7, 2009
New York City
Lindgren an NHL ready top 4 guy? he played a lot of games in the AHL over 3 years. I am pretty sure he was not an NHL ready top 4 guy.
One AHL Season, the year after the Rangers acquired him. He's been in our top 4 ever since.

And if that is how he chooses to approach it, then fine, it's still the right call. The difference is, he likely won't do much better in the KHL, and he likely won't earn an NHL shot upon completion of the contract. But still, it is the right call for the player. Who knows, maybe he'll decide to invest in himself, and something will click. Late bloomers do exist, it isn't impossible.

I'm not disagreeing. I'm just saying....we've done this song and dance with him before. He's just happy to go play in Chelyabinsk and put up his 20-25 points in the KHL. He does it every year except last year, where he couldn't beat out Johnny Brodzinski for ice time.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
One AHL Season, the year after the Rangers acquired him. He's been in our top 4 ever since.
But he was not a top 4 guy when the Rangers acquired him nor was that even a guarantee that he would be. That was the point.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Uff, Kravtsov was absolutely destroyed. This way he'll soon regret he came to KHL.

Watch from 1:24

He went to the front of the net wide open and scored. Maybe he is learning. What a bust considering where he was drafted. Rangers like worth ethic and drafted a player that did not have that. Great scouting here, glad he is gone

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Not quite a suicide pass. He had a stride and a half/maybe 2 before he was hit. Moved right into that. If that had been someone like Trouba, Gudas or McAvoy that would have really been lights out. Didn't see his number again in the rest of the highlights. He did get a goal.

Kravtsov has skill. No question about that. Whether he stays or makes another attempt to play in the NHL I have no idea. As a Rangers fan he was way too much of a distraction and he always underperformed to his skill level. That's the issue for the Canucks if they get him back....can they get him to play like he should?

Reactions: Laus723

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Never forget in 2019 Craig Button ranked Kravtsov and Denisenko the #1 and #2 prospects in the NHL, with Makar at #3 :laugh:

Damn when a present like this is given to you by the likes of Craig Button you run and Sell high for as much as you can get.

Last edited:

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
And Rangers already lost Lockwood for nothing

I don't think the Rangers ever had a great interest in Lockwood who was an upcoming UFA when the deal was made. Two reasons this happened. 1) Kravtsov had become a continuing headache for the Rangers and 2) it wasn't necessarily fair to Vitali to carry him on the team and not play him. It gave him a change of scenery and the possibility of igniting his career which had never really taken off or at least as far as the NHL is concerned. The Rangers also added Kane after that I believe....not that that did us a lot of good but it's like if you're going to the playoffs you want to carry players you want to play not players you don't want to play.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Imagine Drury grew a sack and traded Krav and whoever else for Eichel.

Kravtsov never had that kind of value. He was a reach when drafted and left Hartford more than once, his value got worse since he was drafted. His best trade value was when drafted and went downhill after he left Hartford the 1st time. Showed his horrible character

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
Kravtsov never had that kind of value. He was a reach when drafted and left Hartford more than once, his value got worse since he was drafted. His best trade value was when drafted and went downhill after he left Hartford the 1st time. Showed his horrible character
Go look at every trade proposal thrown out in here. Not saying it would have been 1 for 1 obviously. But he was a main piece in every offer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad