F Tij Iginla - Kelowna Rockets, WHL (2024, 6th, UTAH)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Surprised Jarome settled in Boston, not knocking Boston or anything, just interesting he settled in a place he only played for a year, and he's lived most of his life close to the Rockies.

[edit: whoops! didn't realize I was responding to a 3 year old post, sorry! point still stands... heck, maybe I responded three years ago too!]

Aside from Boston being a super nice place to live, and surrounded by beautiful places in the Berkshires, Vermont (Stowe, Killington, Jay Peak, etc) and NH (Mount Washington, Bretton Woods, etc)...

My guess he enjoys slightly more anonymity here than he would back home... and more "hockey-respectful" than "hockey-mad". This is just my take as a Canadian living in Boston. The only people that would recognize Iginla here are actual hockey players/families themselves, rather than casual fans (as evidenced by that time he made it on local news during a snowstorm).

It's not uncommon to take your kid to their travel game and have them face off against Marchand's or Lucic's kid... people don't tend to hound them as celebrities in the stands. I imagine celebs like Big Papi, the Wahlbergs, Afleck, Damon, or John Krasinksi, can't say the same, but I think people give hockey players a decent amount of space here to just be people.

Blues16W

Jun 18, 2023
Not taken the Iginla brothers train and the arguments of the different podcasts did not convince me.

I have the impression that we are really planning a regeneration of Jarome Iginla but his sons are clearly less talented.

Concerning Tij, his journey up to U17 never impressed me and this year, his effectiveness is supported by players stronger than him around him.

On the side, I see players more physical than him, who manage by leading their team.

I take Adam Jecho before him.

37th on my current list but I know others have him much higher.

I hardly see him bringing anything in physical combat and defensive play and not talented enough to be among the offensive players.
Haven't seen you reply in awhile lol? Still have Tij ranked 37th lmao???

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Haven't seen you reply in awhile lol? Still have Tij ranked 37th lmao???
It was several months ago already. I wasn't excited because in previous seasons, he had never been exceptional. In my last ranking, he was 18th.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
It was several months ago already. I wasn't excited because in previous seasons, he had never been exceptional. In my last ranking, he was 18th.

Iggy is currently ranked from 8th to 31st (by 16 ranking lists)

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
I think Tij Iginla is the type of player that's gonna be drafted earlier than anticipated.

His playing style fits with what NHL GMs and coaches like. He plays a strait to the point, sober power game.

I don't think he'll end up as an elite offensive producer in the NHL.
But he's gonna be efficient, steady and brings other intangibles.

Plus the bloodlines...

seadawg

Sep 22, 2008
With his shot and work ethic, and if he plays with an elite center, I think Tij has the potential to be an elite winger in the NHL.

Problem is that I think Calgary will draft him and they don't have an elite center and none in the pipe-line (yet).

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I think Tij Iginla is the type of player that's gonna be drafted earlier than anticipated.

His playing style fits with what NHL GMs and coaches like. He plays a strait to the point, sober power game.

I don't think he'll end up as an elite offensive producer in the NHL.
But he's gonna be efficient, steady and brings other intangibles.

Plus the bloodlines...
Yeah he looks like a valuable 3C imo. I’d spend a top 20 pick on that.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
He doesn’t have electric skill but he sets defends up well with his hips and skating to gain separation with simple moves. I really like this player

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad