F Tij Iginla - Kelowna Rockets, WHL (2024, 6th, UTAH)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
At first I was thinking he was just a soft spot goal scorer but it seems he's adding more to his game.

He's going top 15.
He's a power forward. What I feel is that his mentality is getting more and more composed. When he arrived in Kelowna, he was desperate to prove himself because he didn't get many chances in Seattle, but at that time he just wanted to keep the puck then shot, not think about his teammates. Now he fits in this team well

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
He's a power forward. What I feel is that his mentality is getting more and more composed. When he arrived in Kelowna, he was desperate to prove himself because he didn't get many chances in Seattle, but at that time he just wanted to keep the puck then shot, not think about his teammates. Now he fits in this team well

He's the mirror image of his old man. The difference is that Jarome was feistier and grittier, but Tij is much faster. The shots are pretty much the same.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

I wouldn't go that far.

He's a top 6 talent that doesn't mind getting involved physically but power forward is a stretch.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I wonder if Seattle is regretting that trade now.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
He's the mirror image of his old man. The difference is that Jarome was feistier and grittier, but Tij is much faster. The shots are pretty much the same.
Tij seems to work so hard that it's easy to believe that he will end up having his dad's value as a player, hope the Canucks nab him.

Reactions: Bubbles

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Tij would be on the 1st line in Seattle this year, but who knows. They needed to recoup their cupboard, and they're on their downswing now.
Sure I kind of get it but man Tij is making this deal look like a blowout and Seattle has some decent 16 and 17 year olds but I guess there were really short on picks.

That reminds someone mentioned in another thread where one can go find traded WHL draft picks.

That might shed more light on it.

HitterD

Apr 25, 2022
Calgary
Pretty obvious he's not making it past Calgary at the draft...

Don't be so sure. With Jarome working for the Flames it would seem even more obvious but I also think that he may feel that his son playing for the team that he was a legend on, might be unneeded pressure as well. Hard to say for sure but its going to be interesting if he's on the board when the Flames come up. How can you pass on him if you are Uncle Conroy? haha

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Pretty obvious he's not making it past Calgary at the draft...
They’ll potentially picking in the range where he would be considered a reach.

We’ll see what assets they get for Hanifin, Lindholm, and Tanev, but it’s not exactly a lock. As much as I like his game

HarrySPlinkett

Not a film critic
Feb 4, 2010
Calgary
He’s Jarome Iginla’s son.

This is like Keith and Matthew Tkachuk, but better - if Tij Iginla is there, they’ll sprint to the podium, and they’ll get Jarome Iginla tailored to the modern game.

As a fanbase, since we’re never going to get the 1st overall pick, we are owed.

We are owed.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
What is there not to like about his game?

I know this draft is really wide open but I'm always surprised not seeing him ranked around 10 more consistently. But I guess people will tend to put higher value on the C's/D's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad