F Tij Iginla - Kelowna Rockets, WHL (2024, 6th, UTAH)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
This is the polar opposite scouting report I've read from just about anyone credible that's watched him. Will be interesting to see who's correct.

Number one thing they said was he's always involved and had a great motor. Effects all parts of the game and he doesn't rely on his linemates. He doesn't play with Cristall.
Watch the games and you will see that he plays with Cristall. Not always but regularly.

Personally, I listen to podcasts but I form my opinion individually.

37th is not very low either. In my mind, the top 64 has a future in the NHL. But I have a hard time seeing him that high. I have a lot of defenders, more talented or more physical forwards.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Watch the games and you will see that he plays with Cristall. Not always but regularly.

Personally, I listen to podcasts but I form my opinion individually.

37th is not very low either. In my mind, the top 64 has a future in the NHL. But I have a hard time seeing him that high. I have a lot of defenders, more talented or more physical forwards.
Grant McCagg has him 10. A few scouts that work for him have Iginla in the same range. I haven't watched much just going by what they and a few others have said.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Grant McCagg has him 10. A few scouts that work for him have Iginla in the same range. I haven't watched much just going by what they and a few others have said.
There aren't many weaknesses to his game. He plays bigger than his size, has translatable offense, solid skater, and has good hockey IQ. This might be another Brady and Matthew Tkachuk scenario.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
Jarome is one of my favorite players ever, so I hope Tij becomes a player in the NHL.

Obviously, his dad is in the Hall of Fame, so we have to set expectations for Tij lower than that or otherwise his career might be considered disappointing. If he makes the NHL and becomes a great member of the hockey community, which desperately needs good people, like his dad you can call it a win.

Last edited:

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019

I know. That's why I say he's overrated for me.Like Jiricek, like Demidov.

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
Last night's game explain why I say Tij and Cristall are not suited to play on the same line.
There will always be one of them who is not playing 100%, Tij will not leave the puck to Cristall, and Tij will only stand in front of the net when Cristall has the puck.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

Calgary is sitting at #8 right now. Let's say for all intents and purposes they stay there, it might be a tad high for Taj, but you know the storyline will be there and the media will definitely be hyping that up.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Calgary is sitting at #8 right now. Let's say for all intents and purposes they stay there, it might be a tad high for Taj, but you know the storyline will be there and the media will definitely be hyping that up.
Personally hope he goes to a city other than Calgary. He’ll always have the expectations that he’s his dad and needs to play exactly the same. It’s why I thought it was good the Tkachump brothers didn’t go to STL. Could see that going south quick in Calgary.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
He should be a solid top 6 or at worst middle 6 player. Just not sure how high you should take him.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I don’t expect Tij to come anywhere close to his dad’s production in the NHL. But I am curious what his upside may be without comparing him to his dad?

For those who have seen Tij play this season, who would you compare him to in the NHL? What might his production look like in the nhl?

Thanks
Hmmm…maybe a new school version of Nino Niederreiter?

rubenflamshep

Dec 6, 2023
Toronto
scoutthe.xyz
Point output is similar to Kalan Lind, who went mid-second round last year:
Screenshot 2023-12-12 at 10.54.29 PM.png

In that range it's very possible he never really sticks in the NHL.

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Personally hope he goes to a city other than Calgary. He’ll always have the expectations that he’s his dad and needs to play exactly the same. It’s why I thought it was good the Tkachump brothers didn’t go to STL. Could see that going south quick in Calgary.

I don't think Flames fans will expect him to be what his dad was but there will definitely be high expectations. He'll also get a lot of patience from fans because of his last name. They won't turn on him right away if things don't go well but he'll need to become a top 6 player if they draft him.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Point output is similar to Kalan Lind, who went mid-second round last year:
View attachment 782452

In that range it's very possible he never really sticks in the NHL.
I really liked Lind last year. Has all the makings of an effective bottom six checker/agitator/character winger.

Tij Iginla has much more upside in his skating and goal scoring and overall involvement in offensive zone play. Not necessarily statistical involvement (assists and points) but his overall presence in o-zone play.

If I was going to pick a 2nd rounder from last year to look at as a comp (not sure why you’d want to do that) I’d choose Carson Rehkopf. I see more similarities there. Rehkopf had more physical tools (frame) but less consistency. Similar looking out on the ice often enough though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad