F Ryan Leonard - Boston College, NCAA (2023, 8th, WSH)

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Maybe the biggest riser from the U18 tournament, along with Wood and Dvorsky perhaps? Perreault, despite the gaudy stats, didn't stand out very much in the last three games.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Maybe the biggest riser from the U18 tournament, along with Wood and Dvorsky perhaps? Perreault, despite the gaudy stats, didn't stand out very much in the last three games.
lenny was dynamite. also would add pekarcik to that biggest risers, at least IMO. he was excellent from what i saw.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I think the narrative around Leonard being a "high floor" type of player is underselling his ceiling.

I hadn't gotten too many viewings since January, but he's really come a long way in terms of his offensive skill set. Could be a really really good offensive player.
Instead of complaining about people underselling Leonard’s ceiling, why don’t you say what you think it is? Because unless you think he’s going to be a top-20 scorer in the NHL, I don’t think anyone is underselling him.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I think the narrative around Leonard being a "high floor" type of player is underselling his ceiling.

I hadn't gotten too many viewings since January, but he's really come a long way in terms of his offensive skill set. Could be a really really good offensive player.
Yup.

Ryan Leonard has the upside to be a ppg player, but the narrative is that he's a complimentary support guy. Which is true, he'll make any line better, but he's very much a driver and not a passenger.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
If Reinbacher/Sandin Pellikka aren’t there at 11, Leonard is on the top of my wishlist. He would look deadly on the top line with Pettersson/Kuzmenko or next to Miller.

Think he has centre capability as well.

Reactions: LemonSauceD

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
If Reinbacher/Sandin Pellikka aren’t there at 11, Leonard is on the top of my wishlist. He would look deadly on the top line with Pettersson/Kuzmenko or next to Miller.

Think he has centre capability as well.
Never say never, but I’d say there’s a close to zero chance he’s available at 11.

Frankly, I wouldn’t be shocked if Chicago took him at 5 if we drop a couple spots. Not saying I would, but he’s a player our GM probably loves.

I’ll be shocked if he gets past 8. He’s very very good. I’d say ceiling is 70 point two way beast.

Reactions: Larmer83

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Never say never, but I’d say there’s a close to zero chance he’s available at 11.

Frankly, I wouldn’t be shocked if Chicago took him at 5 if we drop a couple spots. Not saying I would, but he’s a player our GM probably loves.

I’ll be shocked if he gets past 8. He’s very very good. I’d say ceiling is 70 point two way beast.
We’ll see. GM’s value big centres very highly. Theres already talk of Dvorsky/Danielson/Honzek not making it out of the top 10 in the media over hear. Can easily see guys like Leonard/Benson fall.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010

At 5??? That's crazy talk, but I guess anything is possible

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
It’s not that crazy. He could turn out to be a great player with his skillset. Maybe not at 5, but if your a team that already has a good amount of undersized skilled forwards, Leonard might be your guy. He’s a power athlete, has a ton of skill and a great shot. I would not be shocked at all if he goes to Montreal if they end up picking 5 or 6.

There are a ton of teams that will want Leonard high.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
It’s not that crazy. He could turn out to be a great player with his skillset. Maybe not at 5, but if your a team that already has a good amount of undersized skilled forwards, Leonard might be your guy. He’s a power athlete, has a ton of skill and a great shot. I would not be shocked at all if he goes to Montreal if they end up picking 5 or 6.

There are a ton of teams that will want Leonard high.
if Smith isn’t there at 5, or the habs get the 6th pick i wouldn’t be that shocked or mad, either. Would prefer Benson but i would get why Leonard could be tempting.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Like I said. I wouldn’t do it, but he definitely fits the mold of what they like.

I wouldn’t lose my mind if they took him at 5. Not a reach at that point. He’s very good.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
If he doesn't go top 8, Detroit will almost certainly take him at 9. I also wouldn't be shocked to see Detroit try to move up a couple spots and get him. He's exactly the type of player we like, and brings the goal scoring we need.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad