F Ryan Leonard - Boston College, NCAA (2023, 8th, WSH)

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Rankings, I’d bet Yager likely doesn’t go top 8, just like Michkov likely won’t go 2…but teams will regret passing on them for sure.

Are there two highly ranked Smiths? I don’t think we will see a D in the top 10, I’d be shocked to see one go top 6
Mckenzie had Seider ranked 16th in 2019, Pronman 22nd.

Two things;
- Do you know the meaning of "literally"?
- Do you prefer your shoes baked, boiled, or sauteed?

WayneGretzky

Jul 25, 2016
Mckenzie had Seider ranked 16th in 2019, Pronman 22nd.

Two things;
- Do you know the meaning of "literally"?
- Do you prefer your shoes baked, boiled, or sauteed?
Too bad there isn’t a Seider available this year.

Like I said, 3 Americans and 1 D in the top 10, I’ll make the video, still 100% confident that doesn’t happen. Would require 2-3 teams to make a mistake in the top 10, and with the top 4-5 pretty much set, those mistakes would all need to happen from 5 or 6 to 10…let’s just say I’m not worried 🤣

And I would still be absolutely baffled if a d squeaks into the top 6.

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Too bad there isn’t a Seider available this year.

Like I said, 3 Americans and 1 D in the top 10, I’ll make the video, still 100% confident that doesn’t happen. Would require 2-3 teams to make a mistake in the top 10, and with the top 4-5 pretty much set, those mistakes would all need to happen from 5 or 6 to 10…let’s just say I’m not worried 🤣

And I would still be absolutely baffled if a d squeaks into the top 6.
Seider wasn't supposed to be Seider in his draft year.... that's my point. Reinbacher has a lot of similarities. I think many GM's will take him over an undersized CHL player.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
I actually wonder if Leonard might have to tone down the physicality a bit. He won't have his size advantage in the NHL at 5'11 190. We'll see, some guys are built different.
That’s the one question mark I have about him. But, he has a lot of underrated skill. He’s a much more versatile and skilled player than people think. He’s got some great hands and the ability to make stellar individual plays. He doesn’t just rely on his physical tools.

That being said, he is able to outmuscle way older competitor so I think that skill will translate. He’s laid some crushing hits on collegiate competition.

Reactions: majormajor

WayneGretzky

Jul 25, 2016
Seider wasn't supposed to be Seider in his draft year.... that's my point. Reinbacher has a lot of similarities. I think many GM's will take him over an undersized CHL player.
Your point sucks, and has been beaten to death…he’s a completely different player, in a completely different situation, this is a much stronger draft.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So, tuning in tonight and wondering why he's not playing against Muskegon. I haven't had a chance to take in an NTDP game in weeks and I see he hasn't played for the U18 squad since 3/18. Any information would be welcome, thanks in advance.

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
So, tuning in tonight and wondering why he's not playing against Muskegon. I haven't had a chance to take in an NTDP game in weeks and I see he hasn't played for the U18 squad since 3/18. Any information would be welcome, thanks in advance.

Well this is the first game the U18s have played since the 18th, so it's the first game he misses, but no idea why.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Leonard, like most of the US team, is having a very good U-18.

Looks like the type of player who will be a perfect 2nd or 3rd wheel on a line that has a lot of skill.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I'm having a hard time keeping him out of my top 7

Really
Just do it, I have Leonard at 8th and feel good about it.

What I do want to say is that the idea that Leonard would succeed without Smith and Perreault but the latter two wouldn’t succeed without Leonard is ridiculous. They all benefit from each other immensely and fairly equally.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014

What I do want to say is that the idea that Leonard would succeed without Smith and Perreault but the latter two wouldn’t succeed without Leonard is ridiculous. They all benefit from each other immensely and fairly equally.
It's Boldy-Hughes-Caufield once again.

The three of them will be good players, but since they'll play together again next year at BC, fanbases that draft any one of them will get told that they are the product of their linemates for next year as well.

I like them all. Heck, even Moore is good.

This is a great draft.

Reactions: Doublechin

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Leonard was occasionally separated from Smith and Perreault during the season. Not regularly but it would happen for stretches, largely when they were trying to better balance the lines. Has not really been a necessity since they promoted Hagens and Eiserman.

I didn't track his stats or anything during those games but I'm sure it's video thay scouts will circle back on to help get more signal on his play away from those guys.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Really like Leonard a ton as I dig in on this year. He is that piece that makes a dominate scoring line as that 2nd-3rd player. Not sure he is a line driver so it makes him hard for me to place right now on the board. Super versatile with skill and consistency in terms of when I have seen him he has always impressed. I hope he is around for the Wings, I just think he is one of those gritty glue guys that is going to put up numbers in the league while playing an abrasive game.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Leonard was occasionally separated from Smith and Perreault during the season. Not regularly but it would happen for stretches, largely when they were trying to better balance the lines. Has not really been a necessity since they promoted Hagens and Eiserman.

I didn't track his stats or anything during those games but I'm sure it's video thay scouts will circle back on to help get more signal on his play away from those guys.

From the few games I saw of them together,
Leonard and Moore looked awesome.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA

I have him at 8 as well. No chance he falls for me either.

Perreault and Smith would be fine without him. Their chemistry is incredible. I wish we could’ve seen Leonard and Moore on a line together.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I have Leonard at 8 and I feel really good about it. The only knock on him against someone like Dvorsky is that Dvorsky plays center.. but there's much more fluidity in Leonard's game. They're close prospects imo.

Leonard compared to Barlow is a complete landslide for Leonard.

Reactions: Vinny Boombatz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad