F Mackie Samoskevich - Chicago Steel, USHL (2021, 24th, FLA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Returning for his sophomore year and should be an even more central piece of Michigan's offense vs last season. Tough break for him and team USA at the WJC.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
2G, 1A against BU tonight. The assist he did almost everything important on the goal.

If Michigan has a Hobey Baker winner this year, I think it might be Samoskevich. As much as I like Hughes, I can’t see him outscoring Samoskevich this season. Good problem for Michigan to have.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Read your first post in this thread then watched his recent highlights and he is exactly what you described! Seems underrated. Where you would rank him in a redraft at this point?
I had him as a top 15 player his draft year wanted him over rosen for buffalo but still am happy with rosen

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think it depends on how sustainable this season is.

We’ve been waiting for this type of season because theres little doubt he had the ability, but for one reason or another it hadn’t come together until this season where he got a full season running the show in junior or college. Yet, I still think it can get better. He should be leading college hockey in points. He has more natural talent than Fantilli. He shouldn’t be five points behind his teammate, who is a freshman and two years younger. Samoskevich isn’t yet able to produce many points when he’s not doing all the work. The best players have that ability to do nothing in a game and register three points. He doesn’t have that yet.

I think he’s safely top 15 in a re-draft, but if he can learn a little better to pick up points without doing all the work, he’ll be top 5 in a re-draft.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
What kinda timeline is he on, could be a deadly add for the panthers roster
Unless he absolutely ramps it up this year (possible playing with Fantilli) I foresee him returning for his Junior season in 23/24 then turns pro after that year. I wonder if it'd be tied in with Fantilli coming back for his sophomore season (50/50 right now I'd say).

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Unless he absolutely ramps it up this year (possible playing with Fantilli) I foresee him returning for his Junior season in 23/24 then turns pro after that year. I wonder if it'd be tied in with Fantilli coming back for his sophomore season (50/50 right now I'd say).
I’m not so sure he returns back for his Junior season if he keeps this pace. He’s starting to show the potential that we drafted him for. That being said, he’s definitely only 1-2 years away.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
I’m not so sure he returns back for his Junior season if he keeps this pace. He’s starting to show the potential that we drafted him for. That being said, he’s definitely only 1-2 years away.
Fair enough. I'm not 100% familiar with Florida's AHL roster and if top 6 minutes would be there for him next season. If the opportunity is there then yes maybe he turns pro.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Fair enough. I'm not 100% familiar with Florida's AHL roster and if top 6 minutes would be there for him next season. If the opportunity is there then yes maybe he turns pro.
Depends on if he wins a championship and wants to or not I guess. Would have to believe he has a top 6 spot in the AHL whenever he wants.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Impressive jump in production for this season

19-20 (USHL) : 13 goals, 34 points in 47 games
20-21 (USHL) : 13 goals, 37 points in 36 games
21-22 (NCAA) : 10 goals, 29 points in 40 games

22-23 (NCAA) : 12 goals, 21 points in 16 games ( so far )

- no wjc-18 games
- 5 games at the last wjc (3 assists)

"late bloomer"

Reactions: Torts

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Just signed PTO with Charlotte Checkers which means an entry level will probably be done up this summer and that's all for Mackie's collegiate career. Finishes just shy of a point per game with 30G and 42A in 79 NCAA games. Congrats and best of luck Mackie!

Reactions: Voodoo Glow Skulls

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad