F Mackie Samoskevich - Chicago Steel, USHL (2021, 24th, FLA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He could be one of those tantalizingly gifted players that never manages to figure out how to consistently dominate games like his capabilities suggest. He could also be the next star player for the Panthers that helps them get over that hump and win the cup.

They aren’t the exact same, but I don’t think drafting Denisenko and Samoskevich so close together is by accident. They’re hoping for that 100 point uber-skilled winger.

Rooting for him. Hoping that amazing season where he bursts through the door is upon us.

Deas

Feb 3, 2017
The hype was pretty strong. As if he was a true gem immediately steeping in with Tkachuk on the second line. Oh well.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
His biggest issue has always been his inconsistency in spite of his immense talent. No harm in having given him the small taste of the NHL but the AHL is the right spot for him to learn how to be a pro and hopefully develop more consistency. He probably would have been well served by another NCAA season as well if it wouldn't have been on a loaded Michigan offensive team. I think the AHL will be a good forcing function to evolve rather than just racking up points on that Michigan squad.

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
He'll be just fine, give him some time. He needs to adjust to playing more games in a week and more responsabilities. He was all offense and that simply won't cut it in the pros

Reactions: lakai17

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Had a deadly season in the AHL last year and I keep reading that he is expected now to be with the Panthers this upcoming season. I’ll be curious to see if he ends up sticking all year or has a back and forth type year in NHL/AHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad