F Mackie Samoskevich - Chicago Steel, USHL (2021, 24th, FLA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

VijayPatel11

Mar 29, 2021
Sarasota, FL
IDK, with how good the Steel were last year, I would think a guy like him would score a lot more
But from what I can tell this guy is a great skater so, that's something
Hopefully he turns out good, I trust Zito

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Interesting dilemma how Mel Pearson organizes Michigan's top 6 next year. By the end of the season, we were generally running

Johnson - Beniers - Morgan
Brisson - Bordeleau - M. Pastujov

My impression is that all six of those players are returning next year (Morgan and Pastujov through the NCAA eligibility extension provided due to COVID).

Of course, Samoskevich (and to a lesser extent, Dylan Duke from the NTDP) are pretty highly regarded prospects pushing for bigger responsibility. Luke Morgan is a pretty physically strong upperclassmen who helped Beniers and Johnson with some of the dirty work last year. Now that those two players have a bit more experience under their belt, I hope that Pearson gives Samoskevich an opportunity on that line. Johnson-Beniers-Samoskevich would be an electric line to watch.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He ended up with three assists. First game playing with Bordeleau and they both have three points. Keep them together. They’ve both struggled for line combos this season due to not being on the big first line.

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
Agree he is very talented. Seems to be one of those players who won't do much for an entire period and then score a highlight reel goal out of nowhere.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He’ll make the NHL for sure. He’s hit like four posts in this tournament. He’s the player on this US team whose games pops the most, and that’s saying something on a team with players like Hughes and Cooley. I sometimes think he’s not as productive as he should be. I keep telling myself it’s luck based, but maybe it’s not. Possible the points never match the talent, but there’s potential for him to lead an NHL team in scoring.

Reactions: BKarchitect

Cubebrick

Mar 5, 2014
He’ll make the NHL for sure. He’s hit like four posts in this tournament. He’s the player on this US team whose games pops the most, and that’s saying something on a team with players like Hughes and Cooley. I sometimes think he’s not as productive as he should be. I keep telling myself it’s luck based, but maybe it’s not. Possible the points never match the talent, but there’s potential for him to lead an NHL team in scoring.

I find that he's got very few weaknesses in his game and I don't think he's an all tools no toolbox kind of forward. To me it just seems like simply the more he plays, the better he is. It really does seem like every time he's given a bigger role than just be a middle-six guy the production starts matching the skills, which happened last season in Michigan during the Olympics. But the opportunity doesn't come often since he's always in competition with high caliber forwards.

Hopefully he'll get a bigger role and more TOI with Michigan this upcoming season. If he does then I won't be surprised if he's one of the most dominant Big 10 forwards, let alone NCAA as a whole.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I find that he's got very few weaknesses in his game and I don't think he's an all tools no toolbox kind of forward. To me it just seems like simply the more he plays, the better he is. It really does seem like every time he's given a bigger role than just be a middle-six guy the production starts matching the skills, which happened last season in Michigan during the Olympics. But the opportunity doesn't come often since he's always in competition with high caliber forwards.

Hopefully he'll get a bigger role and more TOI with Michigan this upcoming season. If he does then I won't be surprised if he's one of the most dominant Big 10 forwards, let alone NCAA as a whole.

I agree with you, but mostly meant points. With the Steel, he was the best player on that team, but his point totals didn’t match how well he was playing. I could write a book on why, but it might only be excuses. He had to wait a year to join Michigan that other late birthdays Beniers, Powers, and Johnson didn’t wait. Then he plays a smaller role than those guys on Michigan last season. His offensive upside is as high as any of them, but they got bigger roles and were higher picks. With this team, he’s hit like four posts. Should be leading us in scoring, but only has 3 points.

I keep telling myself it’s all bad luck with the point totals not being elite yet and he’s been overshadowed due to lack of opportunity, but at some point you have to produce like an elite player. He has yet to do that. That’s his potential, but we keep waiting.

Reactions: Realgud

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad