F Juraj Slafkovsky - TPS, Finland U20 (2022 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Still needs a lot of polish in my eyes(as is true for the vast majority of 18 year olds) but if you pick a forward top 3 in the draft you should be getting an offensive catalyst. Slafkovsky is definitely looking like he can provide that. Puck protection, hands, size, and speed is a great combo for a NHL forward.
While he is "only" at point per game so far this WC, he is yet again the best player of his team, second tournament in a row, definitely a catalyst. Yet again he was moved up to first line, he just makes things happen.

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
He definitely has the potential to be the best forward of the draft. He has work to do like any prospect, but 2OV is a very fair rating for him.

Reactions: Hacketts

xigon

Jun 13, 2019
just curious.. What team would the Slovaks/Slaf fans want to see him get drafted to?

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
just curious.. What team would the Slovaks/Slaf fans want to see him get drafted to?
I don't think there is a general Slovak preference. We will just be happy he goes as high as possible. I just hope they don't keep him in Liiga, he should get a feel for the NHL ice next season and possibly a couple of NHL games too. D+1 year he'll be NHL ready.

Reactions: MakoSlade and xigon

Devil made me do it

Nov 28, 2009
California
What, this again?

I've been watching Slafkovsky with TPS. Maybe you weren't aware but that sort of is my Finnish Liiga team that I sort of follow. I've watched him since B juniors. 19-20. Never been impressed. When his initial draft rankings were first teased - 2 years ago - I was surprised he was projected to go nearly this high.

Nevertheless, at least I'm brave enough to come out with my own opinions rather than deferring.

You are the same guy who once said convincingly that Kakko was going to end up a much better player than Hughes and had the highest ceiling or something like that. How is your prediction going so far?

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I can’t overstate how hilarious this is coming from Kakko superfan #1 and someone that shit on Jack Hughes like it was your full time job.
Ya well Jack did make pretty wide turns pre- nhl ….plus Kakko was playing against men . Men ! Lol

Do these refs have camcorders on their helmets or something? Someone should tell them technology has advanced since the 90’s.
Lol ya they look pretty big . Sony “handicam” tried to their head with a big antenna.

Devils AINEC. I just don´t like Canadiens organisation, as they did not behave fairly towards Slovaks in the past.
Then your wish shall come true . Not going to get into who is better but no way the Habs pass on Wright .

Reactions: Jerzey Devil

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Devils AINEC. I just don´t like Canadiens organisation, as they did not behave fairly towards Slovaks in the past.
Which Slovaks are you referring to? Asking genuinely as I only have Richard Zednik in mind and he was treated well as far as I know.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
Halak and Tatar.
wait a minute. The last year of Tatar with the habs he only had 10 goals so do you let him go or sign him for 4-5 mil at 10 goals. as for halak, this is almost funny. Habs had 2 good golies, habs chose Price and now you blame the hABS FOR NOT chosing Halak to keep, and your not blaming 30 other team laughing at the Habs for YEARS NOW STILL with any Halak Ryder and a 2nd, and still nobody wanted that trade. This is the Habs faulty HOW??????

vladis271

May 13, 2022
Devils for sure. I do not want to go through this way of lack of respect. Maybe there is a little truth with Halak, but when it comes to Tatar. He can be his own worst enemy. But just from a sports perspective. In Montreal, there would be added pressure because of him being a Nr. 1 prospect and especially in such a "hockey city". I think He doesn't need that.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
I think He doesn't need that.

"He" as in Slovak McJesus? :D:laugh:

(I agree that Montreal would be a bad place – I was hoping for the Flyers or Seattle – and yes, @RC51, Tatar was treated unfairly there. So was Danault, with whom Tatar was forming such a potent line. But I'm very happy the Habs recklessly ditched Danault, too, so that I can enjoy him now on "my" LA Kings!) :p:

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Fluke today with a nice snipe against powerhouse Switzerland? :rolleyes:

Not sure why its so hard for so many people just to accept that he is a future NHL star.
Because this poster doesn't have the ability to watch a hockey game and evaluate. He is only capable of reading spread sheets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad