F Juraj Slafkovsky - TPS, Finland U20 (2022 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
More noticeable against team Canada than Wright is against North Bay. Major Hossa vibes, his back pressure is super similar. He is just bigger... Skill on display too. Anyone thinking Wright is a lock for 1 isn't watching the games. Or they don't know what to look for.

especially if we are projecting what they are going to be in 3-4 years.

A stronger faster 6 ft 4 220+ pound Juraj with his creativity, hands, and motor. Throwback Jagr vibes there.

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
That is kinda disappointing . Nothing against Svech , he is an awesome player but I was hoping for Slaf to have as much potential.

I'd say they do have similar potential. But Svech was further ahead in his development, less of a project, maybe a little safer. Otherwise though, I do think they have similar potential. Someone else mentioned Rantanen. I don't know, I mean, there's no exact comparison. He's got different aspects relatable. But all around he probably is the best "power winger" prospect since Laf, Svech, Tkachuks. etc... Just broadly speaking.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I'd say they do have similar potential. But Svech was further ahead in his development, less of a project, maybe a little safer. Otherwise though, I do think they have similar potential. Someone else mentioned Rantanen. I don't know, I mean, there's no exact comparison. He's got different aspects relatable. But all around he probably is the best "power winger" prospect since Laf, Svech, Tkachuks. etc... Just broadly speaking.
Ok I’m way off base then as I viewed Rantanen as a better player than Svechnikov ?

BavelPure

Aug 24, 2005
Slaf looks involved every shift and hunts the puck, plays with a lot of desire and emotion.. He's definitely not a perimeter player; looks like he's going to be a fantastic get. Great hands, hard shot, slick passing.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
It's a statistical fluke. It's extremely unlikely he's going to score 7 goals in the World Champs.

If we would normalize his expected production, it should've been around 3 points in 7 games.
Do you have any comment to the fact that Slafkovsky looked awesome against a strong Canada with NHLers? I guess that was also a "fluke" ?

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Do you have any comment to the fact that Slafkovsky looked awesome against a strong Canada with NHLers? I guess that was also a "fluke" ?
He looked ok. Had some good flashes offensively but other than that, he wasn’t dominant like Nemec was.

Reactions: Rockomax

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Looking awesome is not quantifiable therefore not valid for data analysis.

He is generating 2.67 shots per game, which implies about a goal per 4 games. So far he has 0 in 3 games, which is not a fluke. Scoring 7 goals in 7 games is a massive fluke.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
His best comparison style wise is Jagr. He has that same look on the ice.

**note this is not saying he will reach Jagr potential...just that he looks like him***

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
He looked as good as I've ever seen him look vs Canada. Definitely growing into his body extremely well. His first step looks much quicker than before, as does his decision making.

Reactions: SpitfireG

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Naah Gaudreau is worth it. He'll be better longer if I had to bet - players like him tend to age really well.
Bratt needs money
Mercer will need money in 2 years
Devils need to do something about goaltending
Devils need a 3rd pair

Devils aren't exactly swimming in cap space any more when you add the above upgrades

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Even if the Habs pick Wright, which I hope they do at this point, Slaf looks the most NHL ready at this point, and the only one I would say with confidence should be in the show next year.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Even if the Habs pick Wright, which I hope they do at this point, Slaf looks the most NHL ready at this point, and the only one I would say with confidence should be in the show next year.
Good that the Habs don't need to have their next 1st selection in the NHL next season then.

Reactions: waitin425

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Dont agree at all, did you watch the game or just hockey db?
I like the Svechnikov comparaison as well, even tho it's hard because of the different league.
I have no doubt Slafkovsky would've been a top producer in the OHL this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad