F Juraj Slafkovsky - TPS, Finland U20 (2022 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
As a Kraken fan I really have no specific preference between Wright, Cooley or Slaf. But one of those 3 would be a massive help for us going forward.

Is it fair to expect Slaf to spend another season in Finland and then make a jump to the NHL in 2023-24?

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
As a Kraken fan I really have no specific preference between Wright, Cooley or Slaf. But one of those 3 would be a massive help for us going forward.

Is it fair to expect Slaf to spend another season in Finland and then make a jump to the NHL in 2023-24?

I believe he could play in the AHL as well. Anyway, I think a year in Finland or in the AHL is necessary for him.

Martinez89

May 20, 2019

Yes I also think he´ll spend next season in Finland which will be useful for him and then he´ll be NHL ready I guess. I see him more and more comfortable in Turku after Olympics and next season he could play big minutes there as a main offensive weapon which is exactly what he needs.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I'm starting to become a fan of this kid. He didn't show much early in the season and doesn't look like the most dynamic player out there but it seems like getting a bigger role and higher confidence has given him quite the boost (shocker right?). He's got a good hockey sense, slick hands, good wrister, size, physical presence, pretty much everything you want in a prospect. The main issue with Slaf is his skating. I don't think he could keep up against NHL level competition yet, but he's a big kid who's still probably growing into his body so that's natural.

Reactions: waitin425

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Unless Jiricek comes back and plays lights out in the small amount of hockey he can play - I think it's reasonable to assume the top 4 is some combination of Wright, Cooley, Slafkovsky and Nemec.
His play prior injury was conclusive enough to go top 3.

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
I'm starting to become a fan of this kid. He didn't show much early in the season and doesn't look like the most dynamic player out there but it seems like getting a bigger role and higher confidence has given him quite the boost (shocker right?). He's got a good hockey sense, slick hands, good wrister, size, physical presence, pretty much everything you want in a prospect. The main issue with Slaf is his skating. I don't think he could keep up against NHL level competition yet, but he's a big kid who's still probably growing into his body so that's natural.
If you consider his skating a problem, I wouldn´t worry. Slafkovsky skates perfectly for someone of his size.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
There was a talk in our office, that Team with Nr. 1 pick is somehow cursed. They simply must take Wright. And therefore they can loose a gem in later picks.
I can really see this draft turning out to be like the 2017 one. You'll get a solid player first overall, but some players taken afterwards could very likely have a better career and peak.

Reactions: Legionnaire11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad