F Juraj Slafkovsky - TPS, Finland U20 (2022 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

vildurson

Jun 2, 2021
He is slowly forcing his way up in the draft(top 3-5 discussion) with this production in Liiga. Seems to have found another gear with his level of play. He has much higher confidence now with everything he does. It's like a switch has changed in his head somewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: montreal

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Nice to see that he can product in Liiga since Olympics. This guy is top 3 talent, for sure. Tools are impressive and big potential to dominate at NHL level.

One of my favorite for Habs high pick!!

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
He is going to absolutely slaughter at the U18 tournament. 7-8 points a game :sarcasm:
Not neccessary to take him there. Misiak, Honzek or Petrovsky are going to be superstars there. Slafkovsky and Nemec should rest instead in order to be ready for the WCH. We´re gonna smash the competition even without him.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Not neccessary to take him there. Misiak, Honzek or Petrovsky are going to be superstars there. Slafkovsky and Nemec should rest instead in order to be ready for the WCH. We´re gonna smash the competition even without him.
He said in an interview that he wants to go but it will ultimately be up to coach. Personally I think the top 5-6 2004 borns won’t be there. Petrovsky is actually less likely. Owen sound schedule goes right through the tournament and the coach won’t want to release one of his top forwards as they are pushing for a playoff spot.

OneSniffTwoSniff

Jan 18, 2022
Ok Juraj i see you. Dude has played like a gem the last months then, surely he should go top 3? Let's get it young blood

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Ok Juraj i see you. Dude has played like a gem the last months then, surely he should go top 3? Let's get it young blood
Yeah he's playing like a beast and I think the only knock on him is that he doesn't play center. If it's a team that needs a center picking second maybe they would rather Cooley or Savoie (or D in Nemec), but Slafkovsky seems a lock somewhere in the top-5.

Martinez89

May 20, 2019
That´s a pity @PavelBuchnevich wasn´t on this site for 2 months. That time I had discussion with him about Slaf and he was so down on him... Slafkovsky was outside of top20 in his ranking (!!) and he didn´t believe me that he underestimated him really so much...

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
He said in an interview that he wants to go but it will ultimately be up to coach. Personally I think the top 5-6 2004 borns won’t be there. Petrovsky is actually less likely. Owen sound schedule goes right through the tournament and the coach won’t want to release one of his top forwards as they are pushing for a playoff spot.
I hope we will have full roster. It is important not underestimate the tournament, it is all about one match. What if goalie from Norway or Denmark will have his day and our guys will miss the chances?? The history is full of such stories..

Reactions: Martinez89 and alko

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
I hope we will have full roster. It is important not underestimate the tournament, it is all about one match. What if goalie from Norway or Denmark will have his day and our guys will miss the chances?? The history is full of such stories..
This is true, Germany was 5-0 in the 2019 tournament but had a pretty close game against Norway (6-4). Still, that German team had top end talent but basically no depth (very weak bottom 6 and defense outside of Seider).

vildurson

Jun 2, 2021
I think he said in an interview that he is committed for one more year in TPS.

One extra year in Liiga for Anton Lundell and Miro Heiskanen (+ Jesse Puljujärvi later on) worked out pretty well if I remember correctly. It's good spot to grow physically and mentally. At least I am thinking that they played one extra year :D.

I am betting it will be a good thing for certain Aatu Räty as well. You won't see him in Finland again any time soon after this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: RandomTask26

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I think he said in an interview that he is committed for one more year in TPS.

One extra year in Liiga for Anton Lundell and Miro Heiskanen (+ Jesse Puljujärvi later on) worked out pretty well if I remember correctly. It's good spot to grow physically and mentally. At least I am thinking that they played one extra year :D.

I am betting it will be a good thing for certain Aatu Räty as well. You won't see him in Finland again any time soon after this year.
NHL overrides Liiga, Liiga contracts can't prevent a player from playing in NHL so he can't really be "committed" to TPS in that sense. If he makes NHL he plays in NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad