F Juraj Slafkovsky - TPS, Finland U20 (2022 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Kinda hard to agree when you remember what Kemell did in Autumn.
Kemell has better numbers sure. He have also been best player in liiga for draft eligible players, but his utilization is different compared to Slaf. I’m talking about projection, not where they are now. Slaf is much more raw player compared to Kemell and at their best is clearly more dominant player. Kemell despite of his young age is really mature for his age mentally and physically. Yes, of course he is still going to mature, but he is closer to his ceiling IMO and i believe it is knock on Kemell. I’m afraid there is not much room for improvement. I have been wrong before, but to me Slaf is clearly best prospect on liiga because of his projection. I’m finnish and i don’t have horse in this race.

Finland most likely will have extremely good year in 2024 even outside of Kiviharju.

Last edited:

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Also hard to disagree when you remember what Slafkovsky did at the Olympics.

I take Kemell's Autumn over it. Not saying that Slafkovsky couldn't become the better player in the end, just based on what we have seen so far I rate Kemell higher.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Weren't Svech, Rantanen and Puljujarvi all quicker than Slafkovsky? I haven't seen much of Slafkovsky but in my limited viewing, he seemed more like a puck protection beast on the O-zone cycle. Less of a quick strike speedy winger.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Weren't Svech, Rantanen and Puljujarvi all quicker than Slafkovsky? I haven't seen much of Slafkovsky but in my limited viewing, he seemed more like a puck protection beast on the O-zone cycle. Less of a quick strike speedy winger.

Winger Draisatl maybe?

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Rantanen was definitely not quicker than Slaf.

Reactions: hellwar9

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Rantanen was definitely not quicker than Slaf.
You’re right. Puljujärvi is more explosive and they share similar top speed, but Pulju isn’t a tank like Slaf. Yes, a big strong dude for sure but Slaf has ridiculous strength for player of his age and he can handle the puck in top speed. Barkov now is a good comparison for skating and strength. Physical beast with excellent/elite skating.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
He’s gotta keep the energy going from the Olympics. He better not slack offsky.

applause-the-rock.gif

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Still looks like low hockey IQ to me.

I like Slafkovsky, but I see a lot of Joel Armia in his game. He's faster, has a better shot, but puck protection and IQ are pretty close as prospects. Hopefully for him he progresses more than Armia ever did as a prospect.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
He was best and most effective 5-on-5 player on team Slovakia at olympics despite of his goals. People tend to forget that aspect in his olympic performance. He is awesome at puck management and great at reading plays. Certainly not low hockey iq. It's his strength for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad