F Juraj Slafkovsky - TPS, Finland U20 (2022 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
he successfully played against men. The best Swedish, Finnish, men outside the NHL. Dudes a keeper. I think top 5 for sure. I haven't seen much of the other guys. He can drive the net, he has the reach for insane wrist shots, long range for puck protection, puck possession and agility, add to the fact he's 6'4 217, he could very feel be a 6'6 235 lb power offensive winger. Slovaks having at least him and Nemec for the next olympics is a huge plus for Slovak hockey.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Crazy how a tournament can make you forget everything that has happened for several years.

Take a look at all theprevious international tournaments. Nemec has always been better than Slafkovsky.

Even if I don't take it into account to build my opinion, Nemec was ahead of Slafkovsky before the tournament in the vast majority of rankings made by followers.

Dvorsky was the best slovak of the last HG tournament.

He is by far the best Slovak born in 2005. The others (Molnar, Strbak, Chromiak) are far behind.

You confirm what I say : culture of the present moment.
This is not true. Dvorsky has struggled to produce in the Swedish u20 league and can’t score in the Allsvenskan either. I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t make wjc team in august. Chromiak has more upside, and Molnar’s skating him a bigger threat as well. Slovak u20 league is no joke and look at Slovakia2 stats and compare American and Canadian players who played there with their CHL numbers. Looking back at it, HGC was driven by first line. Dvorsky was playing with Ciernik and Molnar who drove that line. Development isn’t linear. Perhaps 4-6 months ago Dvorsky was the best 2005 born Slovak and Nemec the best 2004 born Slovak. But not now, not anymore.

Reactions: Nowotny

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Please lets not forget that Dvorsky is one year younger but he still could managed to have more points than Slafkovsky at the HGC. Slafkovsky´s Olympics performace would be impossible to beat but we should wait a bit before jumping to conclusions. And I do not see any red flag to be unsure about Dvorsky´s status as the best 2005 Slovak.
Remember matchups matter. Slafkovsky was always lined up against the other teams best line at HGC. Dvorsky not so much. If Dvorsky was better than Slafkovsky he would have better production in J20 and Allsvenskan. As for best 2005, I think Chromiak has the best upside. Maybe even Molnar. If Molnar was in J20, he would have better play and production. Slafkovsky is probably the best Slovak forward across all leagues right now. Better than Tatar, Ruzicka, etc.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
This is not true. Dvorsky has struggled to produce in the Swedish u20 league and can’t score in the Allsvenskan either. I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t make wjc team in august. Chromiak has more upside, and Molnar’s skating him a bigger threat as well. Slovak u20 league is no joke and look at Slovakia2 stats and compare American and Canadian players who played there with their CHL numbers. Looking back at it, HGC was driven by first line. Dvorsky was playing with Ciernik and Molnar who drove that line. Development isn’t linear. Perhaps 4-6 months ago Dvorsky was the best 2005 born Slovak and Nemec the best 2004 born Slovak. But not now, not anymore.

what is struggling? 35pts in 28games in Swedish U20, I don't think that qualifies as struggling.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
what is struggling? 35pts in 28games in Swedish U20, I don't think that qualifies as struggling.
Swedish u20 is not the W, OHL or USHL in quality. So yes, compared to his production pre-Christmas it isn’t good. And hasn’t elevated with the smaller more competitive format now with the top 10 playing each other.

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
Swedish u20 is not the W, OHL or USHL in quality. So yes, compared to his production pre-Christmas it isn’t good. And hasn’t elevated with the smaller more competitive format now with the top 10 playing each other.
His production dropped little bit last time but he is playing for the weakest team in top 10 league and still is the most productive player with 8 points in 6 games.
His team has scored only 18 goals in 11 games. So Dalibor has not played all games.
I think his stats are more than decent at his age.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019

Your post is so ridiculous that I had a choice to tell you or let it go.

I chose the first solution.

However, I will not waste my time arguing the obvious.

The future will contradict you very quickly and scathingly.

You live in the moment with a selective reading of the points on eliteprospect. Not for me.

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
His production dropped little bit last time but he is playing for the weakest team in top 10 league and still is the most productive player with 8 points in 6 games.
His team has scored only 18 goals in 11 games. So Dalibor has not played all games.
I think his stats are more than decent at his age.
Furthermore, he plays against stronger competition than at the start of the season – in the group of winners. After all, his team is at the very bottom of the table so it is kinda expected that Dvorsky´s point production wont be that high. But he still managed to score a goal in the last game.

It kinda reminds me situation of Shane Wright. Even though Wright has had all the tools he wasnt just able to produce that amount of points as expected. I think this is the situation with Dvorsky as well. He has tools but cannot capitalize his chances. Points will arrive with age and experience. So basically same story like Slafkovsky.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Even if you're purely statwatching, this is ridiculous. Slovakian u-20 indeed IS a joke in comparison to Swedish u-20s. And even so, your stat reading is completely wrong. Molnar and Chromiak both have far worse production in Slovakian u-20 than Dvorsky in u-20, which is a far tougher league. And how on earth is Dvorsky's production a result of him "struggling to produce"? His production is in line with Lucas Raymond.

HamburgerSK

Jan 18, 2022
Remember matchups matter. Slafkovsky was always lined up against the other teams best line at HGC. Dvorsky not so much. If Dvorsky was better than Slafkovsky he would have better production in J20 and Allsvenskan. As for best 2005, I think Chromiak has the best upside. Maybe even Molnar. If Molnar was in J20, he would have better play and production. Slafkovsky is probably the best Slovak forward across all leagues right now. Better than Tatar, Ruzicka, etc.
This is beyond ridiculous and in many parts simply weird. You must be comparing Dvorský to Jakub Chromiak because Martin Chromiak is born 2002. Which makes even less sense considering what Jakub Chromiak has achieved so far. I wonder what makes you start a beauty contest between Slafkovský and Dvorský. Both are excellent players with a different style of play. I wish Ondrej Molnár all the best but your speculation about his possible production in J20 is based on what? There is absolutely no need to try to make Slafkovský better bringing Dvorský down. Juraj simply doesn't need that and Dalibor even the less.

Last edited:
Reactions: hellwar9

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Even if you're purely statwatching, this is ridiculous. Slovakian u-20 indeed IS a joke in comparison to Swedish u-20s. And even so, your stat reading is completely wrong. Molnar and Chromiak both have far worse production in Slovakian u-20 than Dvorsky in u-20, which is a far tougher league. And how on earth is Dvorsky's production a result of him "struggling to produce"? His production is in line with Lucas Raymond.
Chromiak is several months younger than Dvorsky and is a defenseman. So obviously his production is not going to be above and beyond. Have u actually seen them play? Anyways, this is a Slafkovsky thread. No need for anymore discussion on the younger players

Last edited:

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
This is beyond ridiculous and in many parts simply weird. You must be comparing Dvorský to Jakub Chromiak because Martin Chromiak is born 2002. Which makes even less sense considering what Jakub Chromiak has achieved so far. I wonder what makes you start a beauty content between Slafkovský and Dvorský. Both are excellent players with a different style of play. I wish Ondrej Molnár all the best but your speculation about his possible production in J20 is based on what? There is absolutely no need to try to make Slafkovský better bringing Dvorský down. Juraj simply doesn't need that and Dalibor even the less.
I’m simply answering what DirtyFighter proposed. Of course I’m talking about Jakub :help:. I’m not bringing down Dvorsky, I’m just comparing it to Slafkovsky which is exactly what previous user was doing. In fact that was the entire point of his post, to argue that Dvorsky is better than Slafkovsky and Nemec as well is better. The debate over the 2005 born players is subjective in the end. No?

Last edited:

Martinez89

May 20, 2019
Chromiak is several months younger than Dvorsky and is a defenseman. So obviously his production is not going to be all stats. Looking at Dvorsky, he can’t score in Allsvenskan at all. His 1 goal was a shootout goal. Compare Dvorsky’s production to the best 2005 borns in Canada. It’s in a worse league and it’s not as good. And Dvorsky gets significantly more usage.

I usually agree with your opinions but sorry, not this time. First of all, this is Slafkovsky´s thread and the next point, Dvorsky is the best Slovak 2005 by far IMO. You probably forgot what kind of matchups he´s playing right now - Swedish National Top 10 among 10 top J20 teams in Sweden which is really different competition what Ciernik is playing for example right now. These teams are no worse than CHL teams and Dvorsky is still the best player for his team which is dead last.

Reactions: hellwar9

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
I usually agree with your opinions but sorry, not this time. First of all, this is Slafkovsky´s thread and the next point, Dvorsky is the best Slovak 2005 by far IMO. You probably forgot what kind of matchups he´s playing right now - Swedish National Top 10 among 10 top J20 teams in Sweden which is really different competition what Ciernik is playing for example right now. These teams are no worse than CHL teams and Dvorsky is still the best player for his team which is dead last.
I understand. I’m not trying to diminish Dvorsky’s skill, I think he’s a great player. But I strongly disagree that he’s better than Slafkovsky is which is what DirtyFighter was arguing. My opinion is that other 2005s have taken more steps in the past few months. But ultimately it’s just opinion. As for the J20 being the same level as CHL leagues, that’s just plain wrong. Oskar Olausson is evidence but just watching the games, it’s clearly not true. How many high first rounders stay in J20 to play? It doesn’t matter anyhow as this is Slafkovsky’s thread as you said. :thumbu:

Martinez89

May 20, 2019
I understand. I’m not trying to diminish Dvorsky’s skill, I think he’s a great player. But I strongly disagree that he’s better than Slafkovsky is which is what DirtyFighter was arguing. My opinion is that other 2005s have taken more steps in the past few months. But ultimately it’s just opinion. As for the J20 being the same level as CHL leagues, that’s just plain wrong. Oskar Olausson is evidence but just watching the games, it’s clearly not true. How many high first rounders stay in J20 to play? It doesn’t matter anyhow as this is Slafkovsky’s thread as you said. :thumbu:

I had Slafkovsky as a prospect above Dvorsky everytime, also after HGC where Dvorsky was excellent (and Slaf too). Slaf was still my no.1 and I was so high on him which was obvious in this thread all the time, for me it was only question of a time when Slafkovsky excels somehow. And Dirtyfighter? He didn´t recognize Juraj´s talent, Slafkovsky was outside his top10 before the Olympics. He´s simply wrong about him and now he´s trying downgrading his previous tournaments etc... He´s trying to justify his mistake and for me it´s not important what he´s writing beacuse it´s obvious he´s not the best talent evaluator.

I agree the gap between 2005s is closer now but Dvorsky is still clearly ahead. Are you sure current Dvorsky´s matchups among top 10 J20 SWE teams are weaker than games what is playing Petrovsky for example? Hard to say but it´s not that different as you think.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
I had Slafkovsky as a prospect above Dvorsky everytime, also after HGC where Dvorsky was excellent (and Slaf too). Slaf was still my no.1 and I was so high on him which was obvious in this thread all the time, for me it was only question of a time when Slafkovsky excels somehow. And Dirtyfighter? He didn´t recognize Juraj´s talent, Slafkovsky was outside his top10 before the Olympics. He´s simply wrong about him and now he´s trying downgrading his previous tournaments etc... He´s trying to justify his mistake and for me it´s not important what he´s writing beacuse it´s obvious he´s not the best talent evaluator.

I agree the gap between 2005s is closer now but Dvorsky is still clearly ahead. Are you sure current Dvorsky´s matchups among top 10 J20 SWE teams are weaker than games what is playing Petrovsky for example? Hard to say but it´s not that different as you think.
Yes, I only counted one or two actually drafted players in the J20 top scorers list. How many drafted players are even in the top 10 condensed league in total, im not sure. And the player that I saw was like a sixth rounder. Although there is talented players like Ohgren who are playing, they are undrafted. Petro is playing against teams with at least 2-3 drafted players and than 2022 and 2023 talent. They’ve played flint a few times and they have several real stand outs on that team including Othmann

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad