F Juraj Slafkovsky - TPS, Finland U20 (2022 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
As good as slaf looks I think it’s starting to get ridiculous people are putting him at 1 after one tournament. As amazing as it was let’s wait and see if he can produce at all in liiga first before we say he’s the second coming. The overhype could get out of control.

Reactions: Kalv

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
As good as slaf looks I think it’s starting to get ridiculous people are putting him at 1 after one tournament. As amazing as it was let’s wait and see if he can produce at all in liiga first before we say he’s the second coming. The overhype could get out of control.

1 tournament? He was great at the Hlinka and then great again at the Olympics.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

lawrence

May 19, 2012
As predicted by fans, Kota was drafted too high. if slafkovsky goes number 3 I wouldn’t be surprised.

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
1 tournament? He was great at the Hlinka and then great again at the Olympics.
He has not yet been able to show consistency in a men’s league. The sample size is bigger, obviously he is a top 10 pick but top 3? I’m not ready to give him that based off his Olympic stretch alone.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Is Slafkovsky another illusion like Kotkaniemi ?

2cvj4i.gif

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Neither did Lucas Raymond. How’s he looked this year? Some of this comes down to projecting traits.
Uhh? Raymond was relatively small and struggled with his physique in men's games.

Slafkovsky is 6'4" and 220 lbs. The projections need to be different on that front.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Is Slafkovsky another illusion like Kotkaniemi ?
No Slafs physical abilities are clearly superior. Far more explosive, bigger and stronger.

Maybe you just havent watched him? His physical tools are quite clearly extremely elite. I noticed them immediately when he was playing in the WJC. This isnt a one off, he has been a really good prospect for a while. Best raw tools in the draft and its really not that close either. He is 17 there is going to be a learning curve against men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad