F Juraj Slafkovsky - TPS, Finland U20 (2022 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
I would calm down a bit with statements like these, he is still just 17.
Most of the time I would agree with you, however, since there´s not much to cheer about as a Slovak fan I do not see anything wrong with dreaming big when I see the real superstar potential. Probably first time since Tatar and his 2009? WJC performance.

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Most of the time I would agree with you, however, since there´s not much to cheer about as a Slovak fan I do not see anything wrong with dreaming big when I see the real superstar potential. Probably first time since Tatar and his 2009? WJC performance.

Hossa in 97-98 also in the span o 12 months played at 2 WJC and WC. The difference is Hossa was a year older than Slafkovsky. Calling Slafkovsky a future superstar is way premature, cough Reway, Dano, Koys cough. He needs to start score some points before we can call him anything.

Hossa
WJC '97 6 GP 5 G 2 A
WC '97 8 GP 0 G 2 A
WJC '98 6 GP 4 G 4 A

Slafkovsky
WJC '21 5 GP 0 G 0 A
WC '21 6 GP 0 G 0 A
WJC '22 2 GP 0 G 0 A*

*cancelled

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Hossa in 97-98 also in the span o 12 months played at 2 WJC and WC. The difference is Hossa was a year older than Slafkovsky. Calling Slafkovsky a future superstar is way premature, cough Reway, Dano, Koys cough. He needs to start score some points before we can call him anything.

Hossa
WJC '97 6 GP 5 G 2 A
WC '97 8 GP 0 G 2 A
WJC '98 6 GP 4 G 4 A

Slafkovsky
WJC '21 5 GP 0 G 0 A
WC '21 6 GP 0 G 0 A
WJC '22 2 GP 0 G 0 A*

*cancelled
I think it would be nice if Juraj also got to play his World juniors

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Even though Mesar and others might have Slaf beat in something, you can tell who dictates the pace of the game for the Slovaks when he is on the ice. Excellent player. I want to see him more authoritative, he'll readily be a star if he does.

You can clearly see that the kid is special. After Hossa, another 100-point Slovak player in the NHL.

And that's with him neutralized incredibly well by USA defense. His game vs Sweden he had significantly more dictation of the game and demonstrates his skills more.

Reactions: ShiroganeKvasha30

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
You can clearly see that the kid is special. After Hossa, another 100-point Slovak player in the NHL.
I’d bet my life savings that Slafkovsky never hits 100 points in a season.

He’s a good prospect, but I don’t even think he’s the best prospect on that last Slovak WJC team. I’d put both Dvorsky and Nemec slightly ahead of him, but it’s highly arguable, could put them in any order really. Great time for Slovak prospects though, these 3 are arguably the top 3 Slovak prospects since Gaborik.

Last edited:

SpitfireG

Sep 29, 2013
I’d bet my life savings that Slafkovsky never hits 100 points in a season.

He’s a good prospect, but I don’t even think he’s the best prospect on that last Slovak WJC team. I’d put both Dvorsky and Nemec slightly ahead of him
Can we somehow save this post for 20 years?

I join to this bet and even more, he never hits 90 pts per regular season

Last edited:

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
He's pretty intriguing tbh. I wonder however how a line of

Slafkovsky-Stutzle-Greig would work? Also how does his game compare to say someone like Rantanen?

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Seems to be the ultimate boom/bust type player, if I'm a GM drafting top 10 I shall gamble that he will turn out as Rantanen rather than Tyler Biggs.

I like the tools of Slafkovsky but agree with you. Kemell and Lambert would be "safer" pick than Slafkovsky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad