F Joakim Kemell - JYP, FIN JRS (2022, 17th, NSH)

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Here's turnover against Switzerland in OT. Should've obviously passed the puck back to blue line, but instead holds it too long and gets stripped. That type of play I've seen Kemell do often where he holds the puck just too long and tries to make something happen all by himself, but fails and turns it over.

Switzerland also scored their 2nd goal because Kemell lost his man. Kemell was taken out of the game by Bichsel completely. Don't know. If he's not healthy he probably shouldn't have played. Surely not in OT.

vildurson

Jun 2, 2021
Here's turnover against Switzerland in OT. Should've obviously passed the puck back to blue line, but instead holds it too long and gets stripped. That type of play I've seen Kemell do often where he holds the puck just too long and tries to make something happen all by himself, but fails and turns it over.

This is something you can coach off though. Not the end of the career for a prospect.

These guys are still prospects, not ready made hockey players.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
The Oilers will take him! I think he'll be great and is playing sick. Or was playing sick and is getting healthy just in time! Yes, this may age poorly.lol

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
He's having a very underwhelming D+1 season so far. Not a good sign.
BBEE1699-EB9C-4204-84C2-A401D0DBD272.jpeg

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Very underwhelming WJC pre-tournament game for Kemell. Been a trend with him this season. I'm actually starting to get worried. I predict he'll have an underwhelming WJC.
Good tournament by Kemell. I'll admit I was terribly wrong. He has the shot, hands, playmaking and physical edge to be a good NHL player. Sometimes still tries to do too much by himself. Very entertaining player when he's playing good.

shotvalley

Jan 18, 2010
Good tournament by Kemell. I'll admit I was terribly wrong. He has the shot, hands, playmaking and physical edge to be a good NHL player. Sometimes still tries to do too much by himself. Very entertaining player when he's playing good.
How he differs from Tolvanen? Imo Kemell will have a good career at Liiga/SHL/NL.

shotvalley

Jan 18, 2010
Why? Tolvanen is still an NHL player. Kemell will too.
He is NHL player for now but considering his skill set he is not ideal 3rd or 4th liner. Imo Tolvanen will play in europe in 3-5 years. Ofcourse i may be wrong but there is lots of similar examples.

GTA

Jul 12, 2012
Toronto
JYP's playoff chances are starting to look quite slim. If/when JYP is out of playoffs, would it make sense for Kemell to go play for Milwaukee Admirals in AHL?
I don’t think it would - that’s likely too high a level for the guy at this point.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Aug 21, 2016
I don’t think it would - that’s likely too high a level for the guy at this point.
He will, his game is suited for N.A hockey, Liiga is possibly the worst league for kids to perform in. Weird trap systems, low talent level, that league is all about skating and puck possession. Kemell will rack up the pts in the AHL the way Kulich is doing.

Reactions: GreatDayforHockey

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
He will, his game is suited for N.A hockey, Liiga is possibly the worst league for kids to perform in. Weird trap systems, low talent level, that league is all about skating and puck possession. Kemell will rack up the pts in the AHL the way Kulich is doing.
LiigaU19.PNG

Kemell has been outscored by Hämeenaho (2023 draft) and Nyman (2022 second round).

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Man there sure was a lot of over hyping after his WJC in the summer lol.

Still think he lacks IQ to really be an impact player. At best I see him like a Kapanen type. Decent bottom 6, but struggles to be a main stay in the top 6.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Milwaukee has a pretty full lineup atm, so it might be difficult for him to get meaningful icetime, but I don't think that should stop them from bringing him over and seeing. There's already 7 wingers who would probably be ahead of him (Evangelista, Tomasino, Sherwood, Schneider, Nurmi, Afanaseyev, Leonard). So he'd really have to do something special or luck out with an injury/promotion opportunity. But regardless, he might as well be over here and ready for that chance. Can't hurt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad