Does Crosby’s point-per-game streak end this season?

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Yes, because the Caps have a front loaded line with Alexsai Protas & Dylan Strome? Which one of those are in contention to be a hall of famer again? Haha

Get with the narrative: pens fans - whose team has traded away 8 of its last 12 first rounders in an attempt to keep Crosby relevant - assert that the capitals (who are swimming in first round talent) have sacrificed everything for Ovechkin.

McPoyle

Start breaking bricks wet nips
Apr 3, 2019
Sol System
He was pretty invisible against the Oilers last night (so was the whole Pens team sans Blomqvist). Just one game of course. But I don't see him having over 75 points this year.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Sid's slowest start ever was in 2015-16 when he had 3 goals and 8 assists for 11 points in his first 20 games.

He finished that season with 36 goals and 85 points in 80.

That was his age 28 season.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
He hasn't looked very good in the games I've watched. I still expect him to turn it around and pot a decent amount of points. Will he still hit a ppg, hard to say but the longer he is cold the less likely it will be.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Unless changes are made soon there’s no way he hits ppg

What changes though? The roster is the main issue even if a new coach is brought in.

I could see that new coach trying to trap and win 2-1 and 3-2 games because the D is so bad and the team is so slow.

I don't see how this helps Sid. At this point in his career he needs good wingers to do the work for him.

Reactions: 12ozPapa

olli

Least biased user
Dec 2, 2016
Canada
Watching him against the Jets and he still looked really good. He doesn’t have Guentzel this year but last year he managed to put up 90+ despite how bad the pens PP was so as long as it’s a bit better this year he’ll have no problem hitting PPG.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Go back and read the post quoted in the post that you are responding to. Then you’ll realize you are incorrect.
1730055704245.jpeg

Reactions: sanscosm

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
It doesn’t really exist to begin with, because 37 point seasons don’t count as a ppg season.
People gotta stop with this.

That two season stretch of 22 & 36 games was his "best" chance at missing ppg due to rust/cold streak that proves costly in a short season.

Healthy Crosby at his absolute zenith was never going to score less than 82 points in a full season so I'm not really sure what the point is that's being made. He didn't need to get lucky to have this streak.

The only thing those shortened seasons did is cost him a run of 115-130 point seasons that would elevate his all-time standing higher than it already is.

Last edited:

dalewood12

Oct 9, 2017
Historically, Crosby tends to start the season slow. His wingers aren't great, but with the Pens PP being the one thing that seems to have improved on the team, I'm betting on him to eke out a PPG.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It matters not. The fact is he didn’t.

And no, there is no rational basis for crediting it as a “season.” I can’t help but notice you left that word out of your explanation.

It doesn't mean shit what Ovi fanboys think whether it should count. The official NHL record book says it counts, so it counts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad