F Joakim Kemell - JYP, FIN JRS (2022, 17th, NSH)

Fintastic

Jul 10, 2022
Well, it's Vidgren & Salonen again as I see in pre-match lineup, Lassila in 4. kenttä. Hopefully they shake it during the game...
Kemell did score yesterday but generally he still needs some help to set him up for a scoring chance. Yesterday he got help from the opposing team player who fumbled the puck to him.

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
I think Kemell was a bit disappointing in 5 nations tournament. Sometimes good plays, but then also bad plays too where he turns the puck over. Got outplayed by fellow 2022 draft pick Jani Nyman.

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Very underwhelming WJC pre-tournament game for Kemell. Been a trend with him this season. I'm actually starting to get worried. I predict he'll have an underwhelming WJC.

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Kemell 13th forward against Swizerland in tournament opener. Is it too early for the "B" word?

vildurson

Jun 2, 2021
Kemell 13th forward against Swizerland in tournament opener. Is it too early for the "B" word?
Yes. It's too early for any prospect.

He will get more time. Not sure about this years Finnish team or coach though. Probably team will not make it high this year.

Last edited:

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
why so many people rootint against Kemell??
its like yall are horny for him to fall short of expectations
This is a common misconception that happens because a player does negative things and the commentary discusses it. If he played well…the discourse would be positive. It’s on him.

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Both Finnish first rounders from 2022 draft already looking like busts. Great.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
why so many people rootint against Kemell??
its like yall are horny for him to fall short of expectations

One poster is being negative about him. Just one.

Kemell's season hasn't been great that's for sure. Not surprising considering that he has played on the 3rd line on a bad team with players who can't make plays. Very little powerplay minutes. Very little chances to succeed. I hope he goes to the AHL as soon as possible.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
One poster is being negative about him. Just one.

Kemell's season hasn't been great that's for sure. Not surprising considering that he has played on the 3rd line on a bad team with players who can't make plays. Very little powerplay minutes. Very little chances to succeed. I hope he goes to the AHL as soon as possible.
This is not true. A lot of people are starting to raise question marks regarding him and his development these 18 last months.
He's a prospect but how has become better?
Even if he produces more than Lambert, they've both struggled in similar fashion this year.
He lost the puck in OT that ended up being the winning goal for Swiss as well.
Let's see if he can produce like last year or even better.
Even if i wont call him a bust before he's 22-23 of age but lets be honest and question his latest showings as well.

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Here's turnover against Switzerland in OT. Should've obviously passed the puck back to blue line, but instead holds it too long and gets stripped. That type of play I've seen Kemell do often where he holds the puck just too long and tries to make something happen all by himself, but fails and turns it over.

Reactions: Hinterland

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad