F Joakim Kemell - JYP, FIN JRS (2022, 17th, NSH)

molotce

Apr 14, 2017
On the topic of kemell, i feel raty showed, even yesterday that he is the main forward for finland. But kemell has been noticeable, productive and is quite younger. I feel we have compared him to lekkerimaki and in this tourney he (kemell) is just more involved.

He’s made some good plays and his tools are good right now at this level. But I feel we still see some immaturity in kemell’s game or the plays he makes; he loves to go back to the blue line and just wrist It on net. Cant wait to see how he’ll do next year

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Kemell has been much more of what i'd like to see today, except still missing the net completely wide almost every time.

Last edited:

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
He keeps shooting like Kasper Halttunen eyes closed and as hard as possible mostly on boards. Otherwise his been active and good this tournament

Reactions: Ippenator

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
I have some legit concerns about Kemell's shooting. He just misses the net way too many times. Feels like his shot is just pure power. Shoots hard, yes, but no deception in his shot (and poor accuracy).

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
I have some legit concerns about Kemell's shooting. He just misses the net way too many times. Feels like his shot is just pure power. Shoots hard, yes, but no deception in his shot (and poor accuracy).
With shooters the shot can be sometimes off for a bit longer periods, and it could even be still related somehow with him recovering from the shoulder injury. Sometimes after those kind of situations it can take some time to get you mechanics to work in the correct way. Also could be about being still pretty much in the middle of the training season. Sometimes shooters have problems with finding their shot during that time or in the beginning of the season.

If he shoots this badly through the whole starting season, then I admit that I’m quite worried. But so far I don’t believe in that happening. Let’s see, as only time will tell.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
11 points in 5 games is insanely good for a double underager, though. It's 12th all time, and in terms of PPG it's 5th all time, behind Wayne Gretzky, Jaromir Jagr, Eric Lindros and Jesse Puljujärvi.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
I was actually disappointed in his inaccurate shot.

But who knows, perhaps he's saving it for the next WJC where he will be our most important player in a (perhaps) bit weaker roster.

But the talent? It's clearly there and I both hope and believe he will be a better NHL player than Lekkerimäki 😁 making some scouts reevaluate their thoughts.

Last edited:

vildurson

Jun 2, 2021
Kemell surprised me as a whole in(positive way) this tournament.

I thought he was just a great volume shooter with decent passing skills but he actually showed that he can be quite verstatile threat in other ways as well. He is way better passer and has better vision than I initially thought.

He was really comfortable with high pace and was just not surviving in his line even though he was not the main driver. This is where his experience with Liiga shows well.

I am still thinking that he is at least year ahead of Lekkerinmäki in development which is why I am still bit weirded out of his draft spot.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Aug 21, 2016
Crazy player, can both snipe/score plus do some sick assists.
He should've been a top 10 in the draft, he had great stats this year in liiga especially when it comes to goals.
Kemell is the real deal, grats nashville.
I guess no one is laughing at my ranking anymore. Had him 3rd OV, dropping that much was a joke and a total robbery for Nashville at that spot.

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Kemell finishing with 12 points in 7 games puts him 10th overall on all-time U18 scoring at U20 WJC list.

WJC.PNG

Of course, doesn't really mean that much, because of the timing of this tournament and missing players and teams, but I thought it was somewhat interesting.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
damn he only has 3 pts in 6 games to start the season

to my suomi bros: how has he looked so far
Very good after getting better linemates. Strong backchecking, tries to be all over the place, gets good looks every game. Sometimes he tries to do too much on his own, something he needs to grow out of.

Reactions: slumpy43

PittsburghHustlers

Jan 9, 2017
Stockholm
Watched his game yesterday, thought he looked really good. You can see that the skill level is high. However he did make some “easy” mistakes. Can he clean those up and use that shot of his a bit more he’d be able to put up some amazing numbers this season.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
damn he only has 3 pts in 6 games to start the season

to my suomi bros: how has he looked so far

Wouldn't worry too much about the points at the moment. His team has scored 11 goals in those 6 games so far, which is pretty bad, especially considering their lineup. Their gameplay from what I have read has looked good so far. Therefore I wouldn't worry about Kemell yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad