F Joakim Kemell - JYP, FIN JRS (2022, 17th, NSH)

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
Nashville has gotten great value out of the first round these past two years, IMO:

Kemell - 17th - 2022
Svechkov - 19th - 2021
L'Heureux - 27th - 2021

Reactions: cool beans

molotce

Apr 14, 2017
Nashville has gotten great value out of the first round these past two years, IMO:

Kemell - 17th - 2022
Svechkov - 19th - 2021
L'Heureux - 27th - 2021
Tomasino is looking like he’ll play, 2019. They are doing good

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Pre-injury Kemell was really something special. Is he fully recovered now?
He played the exact same after his injury, before he just had a hot streak which is what i was saying and some posters called me a hater just because i didnt think he was that special as some said, he's a good goalscorer with physicality but lacks in desicionmaking and has average hockey IQ, there is a reason why he dropped so much.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
He played the exact same after his injury, before he just had a hot streak which is what i was saying and some posters called me a hater just because i didnt think he was that special as some said, he's a good goalscorer with physicality but lacks in desicionmaking and has average hockey IQ, there is a reason why he dropped so much.

He did have a hot streak and he wasn't going to sustain the production but saying he played the exact same after his injury is silly.

Nate070

Sep 15, 2010
Maldives
That is some qualified bs sir

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
He did have a hot streak and he wasn't going to sustain the production but saying he played the exact same after his injury is silly.
You're right let me rephrase that, he did play abit more carefully, but in terms of playmaking he didn't look much different, i honestly believe taking him was a gamble for Nashville because his hockey IQ is a big question mark, we'll have to wait and see.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Aug 21, 2016
I think him measuring out at 1 1/2" shorter than his previously listed height caused him to move down a few spots.
And his poor english sure didnt help him much in interviews either. Steal of the draft at 17 IMO, will make alot of teams look foolish like Caufield did. I had him ranked at 3th OV on my list. Best pure goalscorer of the draft.

Reactions: HockeyHistorian

ijuka

May 14, 2016
This is not correct.

He played a very dominant style before the injury. Lacks in decision making? Sigh. It's true post-injury he forced plays but pre-injury it was quite different.

Reactions: Ippenator

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

First thing I thought when Nashville drafted him was Eeli Tolvanen D+1 and then....?

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Aug 21, 2016
Exciting player, yes he can be a bit selfish time to time and try to dangle too many opponents that lead to turnover but canno really fault him for more than that. Good skating, good shot, elite hands and rather competitive likes to make big hits aswell. I think should be top15-top20 pick in the draft.

Put up couple clips from Hlinka

Keep in mind he played with a 3rd rounder and an undrafted center in that tournament while a kid like Cooley was flanked by 2 1st rounders. Kemell carried team Finland on his own.

Edit: I thought it was U18 related, my bad.

Last edited:

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Keep in mind he played with a 3rd rounder and an undrafted center in that tournament while a kid like Cooley was flanked by 2 1st rounders. Kemell carried team Finland on his own.
Kemell certainly didn't carry team Finland on his own... first rounders or not.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Aug 21, 2016
Kemell certainly didn't carry team Finland on his own... first rounders or not.
He eliminated team Canada alone and played sick through the tournament, missed 1 game. Finland D core was pudrid, they couldnt generate anything from the back end, night and day compared to USA or Sweden.

Lekki played with 2 1st rounders as well BTW and like it or not, it makes a huge difference.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
This is not correct.

He played a very dominant style before the injury. Lacks in decision making? Sigh. It's true post-injury he forced plays but pre-injury it was quite different.
Dominant in terms of physicality and scoring goals, lacked in playmaking, i'm not convinced he'll be a top 6 in the NHL at all, i just never saw it in his game tbf anyone claiming he was dominant playmaking wise is chewing on some weird copium, i saw his draft stock fall coming way before you blue white glassed homers did.

Reactions: Kcb12345

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Dominant in terms of physicality and scoring goals, lacked in playmaking, i'm not convinced he'll be a top 6 in the NHL at all, i just never saw it in his game tbf anyone claiming he was dominant playmaking wise is chewing on some weird copium, i saw his draft stock fall coming way before you blue white glassed homers did.
Huh? Goalscorers can play in a top 6 role, too. They are, in fact, more rare than playmakers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad