F Ivan Demidov - SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
He didn't look bad, he had a nice rush, but he lacks finishing touch we all knew that (he's more a passer), he has great stick handling, he had a drop pass where a guy ripped one in, pretty great shot and recorded an assist, he'll grow as the season progresses im sure.
Once he improves his goal scoring rate he's going to become a beast. So many amazing plays that he can't finish yet.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Yeah anyway Hughes gives up less chances against than any player on MTL over the last 3 years.

Also Macklin Celebrini is very unlikely to become a selke level center.

But sure, if Macklin becomes a selke level center, and Jack hughes has a significant defensive regression from what he has shown, while not improving offensively, Macklin could be better

Edit: Lehkonen is the exception*
When will you ever find a team of your own to cheer for? Why can't you try talking about Demidov instead of everyone except Demidov?

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
watched his first KHL game and he impressed me alot specially in the 1st been a Habs fan for around 25 years and dont remember us having a prospect this good and who the hell is Gritsyuk definitely the best player for SKA had to look him up and saw hes a 5th round pick by the Devils

Game 2 is tomorrow at 10am ET

Reactions: Xirik

Ford Prefect

Mar 2, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
As a whole i think your point in general is correct. But I think we forget how much Hype Dahlin had coming in. I'd have ranked him ahead of Hughes Pre-drafts. Now is a different story
Greatest draft hype that I recall over the last 9 years:

1. Bedard
2. Dahlin
3. Celebrini
4. Hughes
5. Lafreniere (3 through 5 are interchangeable)
6. Matthews (there was at least a thought that Laine could challenge)
7. Power
8. Wright (haha, loser)
9. Hischier

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Greatest draft hype that I recall over the last 9 years:

1. Bedard
2. Dahlin
3. Celebrini
4. Hughes
5. Lafreniere (3 through 5 are interchangeable)
6. Matthews (there was at least a thought that Laine could challenge)
7. Power
8. Wright (haha, loser)
9. Hischier
I'd say Matthews was a lot higher up, above Celebrini. Hischier wouldn't be top 10, him and Nolan Patrick had pretty equal hype and neither was projected to be a superstar, Heck, most christmas lists didn't have him ahead of Patrick yet, many didn't have him top 4 at that time. He was very much a Slaf type riser. I remember the Dobber list from around valentines day had Patrick, Mittelstadt, and Liljegren all above him. Laine def had more hype than Hischier.

Ford Prefect

Mar 2, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
I'd say Matthews was a lot higher up, above Celebrini. Hischier wouldn't be top 10, him and Nolan Patrick had pretty equal hype and neither was projected to be a superstar, Heck, most christmas lists didn't have him ahead of Patrick yet, many didn't have him top 4 at that time. He was very much a Slaf type riser. I remember the Dobber list from around valentines day had Patrick, Mittelstadt, and Liljegren all above him. Laine def had more hype than Hischier.
I don't disagree. That's what I remember as well. I was just trying to rank the hype leading to and on draft day,

Ford Prefect

Mar 2, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Matthews was closer to 1 than 6 lol
I'm not ranking them on abilities or who was better. I'm ranking them on the hype in their draft year. Bedard, Dahlin, Hughes, lafreniere, and Celebrini led wire to wire without a serious consideration of anyone else. That may be a testament to their abilities or it may just indicate weaker talent in their draft years. Mathews was the concensus number 1, no doubt. There were people, though, who were trying to make a case for Laine at 1, even if it was a huge reach. The other 5 were always a race for second.

Hell, even in McDavid's draft year some were trying to make an argument that Eichel should be considered. MacKinnon had Jones in consideration. It's not a knock on the player, it's how much far ahead they were perceived from the pack in their draft years. Hence hype.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I'm not ranking them on abilities or who was better. I'm ranking them on the hype in their draft year. Bedard, Dahlin, Hughes, lafreniere, and Celebrini led wire to wire without a serious consideration of anyone else. That may be a testament to their abilities or it may just indicate weaker talent in their draft years. Mathews was the concensus number 1, no doubt. There were people, though, who were trying to make a case for Laine at 1, even if it was a huge reach. The other 5 were always a race for second.

Hell, even in McDavid's draft year some were trying to make an argument that Eichel should be considered. MacKinnon had Jones in consideration. It's not a knock on the player, it's how much far ahead they were perceived from the pack in their draft years. Hence hype.
Matthews was absolutely hyped more than Celebrini and Lafreniere, having other elite prospects in the same draft doesn't diminish hype. Going back to 2015, McDavid was more hyped than anyone, and Eichel was arguably the 2nd most hyped.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Matthews was absolutely hyped more than Celebrini and Lafreniere, having other elite prospects in the same draft doesn't diminish hype. Going back to 2015, McDavid was more hyped than anyone, and Eichel was arguably the 2nd most hyped.
lol I remember the McEichel hype . Supposedly 2 generational players in 1 draft . Eichel has been great but the two should never have been lumped together . Mostly media driven to provide an “ angle “ . With all due respect to Jack . Matthews had tremendous hype . Laine made a late charge but the big 2 way scoring centre was always going first.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
The dahlin hype was absolutely insane at the time

He was hyped more than Matthews from what i remember

The term generational was being thrown around freely and he was called the best d prospect since Denis potvin

TheKrebsCycle

Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
The dahlin hype was absolutely insane at the time

He was hyped more than Matthews from what i remember

The term generational was being thrown around freely and he was called the best d prospect since Denis potvin
Wait since Potvin ? Is that right ? Pronger ? Berard ? Neids? Other ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Frank Drebin

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Laughable to me that Demidov dropped to 5th. I get the Celebrini hype, but otherwise we're seeing teams making the same damn mistake every year. Next year going to be groundhog day, with Ryabkin falling to 5th or 6th.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
lol I remember the McEichel hype . Supposedly 2 generational players in 1 draft . Eichel has been great but the two should never have been lumped together . Mostly media driven to provide an “ angle “ . With all due respect to Jack . Matthews had tremendous hype . Laine made a late charge but the big 2 way scoring centre was always going first.
Totally agree with you BUT Eichel has a cup already, that's the only thing he has that McDavid doesn't

Reactions: carouselofgoalies

TheKrebsCycle

Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Totally agree with you BUT Eichel has a cup already, that's the only thing he has that McDavid doesn't
True but cup is obviously a team award not an individual one . Individually no comparison . He was good on their run though .

Last edited:
Reactions: Maitz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad