F Ivan Demidov - SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
If Demidov will be "about the same level as hughes" he would have went 1st overall.
No he wouldn't. GMs pass on guys for all sorts of reasons. The Russian factor definitely didn't help demidov since Top 2 talents in the draft were clearly Mack and Demidov in my opinion.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
No he wouldn't. GMs pass on guys for all sorts of reasons. The Russian factor definitely didn't help demidov since Top 2 talents in the draft were clearly Mack and Demidov in my opinion.
It wasn’t clear at all to the scouts . There was tons of variance in the top 5 . Great start regardless . I just want to make it clear , just because I prefer another prospect to Demidov doesn’t mean I’m hoping he fails or he isn’t a great prospect . He is and I expect him to be very very good . As a hockey fan the more talent entering the league the better . Good luck to him this year .

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
It wasn’t clear at all to the scouts . There was tons of variance in the top 5 . Great start regardless . I just want to make it clear , just because I prefer another prospect to Demidov doesn’t mean I’m hoping he fails or he isn’t a great prospect . He is and I expect him to be very very good . As a hockey fan the more talent entering the league the better . Good luck to him this year .
Everyone has their opinions, totally fair. 4 GMs also felt they were better off picking other players. Gives us something to talk about until be makes his NHL debut.

This discussion is fun. He is a fantastic prospect. I think his ceiling is sky high, he is so good lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad