F Ivan Demidov - SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Corky

Mar 21, 2008
Singapore

Demidov Goal 2:33
Demidov Assist 5:01
Demidov Assist 8:42
Demidov What a Pass/Assist 11:01

Ok, I was excited for a minute, then I looked at the first goal…This is not like the scrimmages at NHL camps, this is like the game where Putin was playing with KHL players and ended the game with a million goal.

Thanks for sharing though, i have no clue where you get those.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Hot take, both Michkov and Demidov will be better than Hughes, and would've went 1OA in 2019 if their last names' were Michaels and Davidson
List of players from age 20-22 since 2007, sorted by points/60.

Screenshot 2024-09-02 at 10.05.34 PM.png

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
That’s a mild claim in comparison to others lol ^^
Jack Hughes is at worst a top 2 prospect from the last 7 years behind Bedard.

And in terms of actual NHLers, he's BY FAR the most productive forward drafted since 2018.

People throw him out there like he's an easy thing to reach

Reactions: Wats

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Ok, I was excited for a minute, then I looked at the first goal…This is not like the scrimmages at NHL camps, this is like the game where Putin was playing with KHL players and ended the game with a million goal.

Thanks for sharing though, i have no clue where you get those.
That’s not even a scrimmage, it’s just an intra squad game for fun with the coaches playing. Rotenberg was playing.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Jack Hughes is at worst a top 2 prospect from the last 7 years behind Bedard.

And in terms of actual NHLers, he's BY FAR the most productive forward drafted since 2018.

People throw him out there like he's an easy thing to reach
Hughes is a total stud but when you’re being compared to Jagr , Mcdavid , Kucherov, Lafleur , Generational level talent in a thread ( among other motsa balls ) Jack is a much more reasonable outcome . I meant Hughes no disrespect .

Last edited:
Reactions: rahad

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
What makes you think he has less offensive upside? And he sure looked comfortable against KHL teams last week.
His incredible production for his age in a tough league combined w an incredible skill set . Being slightly bigger is his only true advantage ( both could be better skaters , but I prefer Michkov technique if pressed ) . I’ve gone more in depth in previous posts , don’t really feel like repeating myself . My opinion is there for your perusal though if you so choose .

Jamaican Patty

Jul 13, 2023
Michkov is better offensively and Demidov might be too. The difference is demidov isn't dogwater defensively. Hughes should low-key be on the wing. Hischer is more valuable in a low scoring playoff series
Agreed he should play wing and not C. Hughes is also extremely soft, weak and injury prone.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
List of players from age 20-22 since 2007, sorted by points/60.

View attachment 904673
I think Jack goes 1st over both of them regardless of their last name but I'm curious why use points/60 and not ppg?
Is it because this favours him more?
I only ask because I find too often people use these kind of stats when the only real stats that matter are actual production.

It's why I find what you're responding to so assinine.
People who compare what a prospect is doing against actual NHLers, drives me nuts.
Whatever a prospect does prior to the NHL means absolutely jack shit, same with people who boast about their teams prospect pool as a pre- cursor to a future NHL dynasty.
The LA kings prospect pool from 2018- 2023 is a perfect example, they were near the top of every ranking and in the end the kings were forced to attempt to build a winner via trades and UFA signings.

The wings and habs may very well be examples of that pretty soon as well imo.
All I hear is Yzerman is some draft guru and a guy like ASP for Hronek was some genius move etc when for the last 2 years he's been pivoting and signing older established players, which I agree with actually. Trading Hronek likely cost the team a playoff spot and ironically wings fans are pining for an RHD to help out MO who regressed last season when he became the undisputed #1.

I actually think Matvei is gonna be a stud and may very well become better than Hughes but he has to actually produce in the NHL first.

Demidov and the hype around him while I can understand it since he's a talented kid but unlike Matvei or even Jack before he made the NHL he's faced weak competition, relative to even his age group.

At least Matvei played against the best 16-19 year olds internationally including Bedard. Demidov plays against JRs from Kazakhstan and Belarus, hardly Sweden, USA or Canada.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I think Jack goes 1st over both of them regardless of their last name but I'm curious why use points/60 and not ppg?
I only ask because I find too often people use these kind of stats when the only real stats that matter are actual production.

People who compare what a prospect is doing against actual NHLers, drives me nuts.
Whatever a prospect does prior to the NHL means absolutely jack shit, same with people who boast about their teams prospect pool as a pre- cursor to a future NHL dynasty.
The LA kings prospect pool from 2018- 2023 is a perfect example, they were near the top of every ranking and in the end the kings were forced to attempt to build a winner via trades and UFA signings.

All I hear is Yzerman is some draft guru and a guy like ASP for Hronek was some genius move etc when for the last 2 years he's been pivoting and signing older established players, which I agree with actually. Trading Hronek likely cost the team a playoff spot and ironically wings fans are pining for an RHD to help out MO who regressed last season when he became the undisputed #1.

I actually think Matvei is gonna be a stud and may very well become better than Hughes but he has to actually produce in the NHL first.

Demidov and the hype around him while I can understand it since he's a talented kid but unlike Matvei or even Jack before he made the NHL he's faced weak competition, relative to even his age group.

At least Matvei played against the best 16-19 year olds internationally including Bedard. Demidov plays against JRs from Kazakhstan and Belarus, hardly Sweden, USA or Canada.
This guy you responded to is known to pick-pocket whichever stats benefit his point of view (usually in favors of any NJ players) and ignore the rest because it doesn't fit his own narrative he painted in his own head.

• Haha
Reactions: Xirik and viceroy

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
This guy you responded to is known to pick-pocket whichever stats benefit his point of view (usually in favors of any NJ players) and ignore the rest because it doesn't fit his own narrative he painted in his own head.
I’m a Habs fan and don’t think this is true at all, @dgibb10 literally just posts objective stats and does it quite well actually

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024

points/60 is much easier to find sorted with age filters on.

I don't believe a player should be punished because their coach plays them less.

Also I can filter points/60 for EV situations, PP situations, etc to see all the individual aspects, something you can't do with points/game.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I’m a Habs fan and don’t think this is true at all, @dgibb10 literally just posts objective stats and does it quite well actually
I'm sure there's some inherent bias for Devils players in my stuff, which is impossible to avoid.

But my general use of stats is pretty consistent.

I like EV production a LOT.

I like guys who drive possession.

I don't give a lot of weight to guys for simply existing on the PP if they aren't engines, or guys that are engines for ineffective PP units. (same applies to PK).

However I will give a TON of value to guys who are engines of high level PPs, or elite penalty killers. (Eg Kaprizov, Hughes, McDrai, Kuch etc).

I like guys who have good penalty differentials.

And I'm always skeptical of career high shooting%s.

Random Comment

Mar 5, 2018
You could argue that if demidov and michkov had North American names, they would have gone ahead of Hughes in a draft. But that’s only based on pre draft Hughes scouting.

If either one of them turn out to be as good as the Hughes we’ve seen of the last 2 years, that would be incredible. Jack is one of the most dynamic players in the league.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
So the guy with less offensive upside who’s proven nothing above the junior level is the guy trending to be a superstar . lol . Doesn’t matter how many times you say it doesn’t make it any more true . You seem to be desperately trying convince yourself…is it working ?
So Gretzky was a nothing when he was in junior because he hadn't played in a pro league yet. When everyone who has seen Demidov play considers him to be a great talent there is nothing to argue.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
That looks like a super specific stat sheet.

Who's the highest scoring flat footed 23 and under D-man in the 90's who had a black dog named Roger?
Not really, 2007 is just as far back as data goes on evolving hockey.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton

I don't believe a player should be punished because their coach plays them less.

Also I can filter points/60 for EV situations, PP situations, etc to see all the individual aspects, something you can't do with points/game.
p/60 is not linear and is not a reliable stat for projection

Reactions: viceroy

NikolaTesla

Aug 2, 2009

My problem with points/60 is that it advantages players who plays less minutes because they are not as exhausted during those minutes. 2nd liners have their pts/60 inflated because of that and because their first line of their team is the one drawing attention from the opposing team's best defensive players.

But in this very case Jack is a 1st liner anyway but his playtime might not be as high as other 1st liners due to Hischier being so good. Peoples don't realize that he got in the nhl like 1 year younger than Mich and Demi will.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
My problem with points/60 is that it advantages players who plays less minutes because they are not as exhausted during those minutes. 2nd liners have their pts/60 inflated because of that and because their first line of their team is the one drawing attention from the opposing team's best defensive players.

But in this very case Jack is a 1st liner anyway but his playtime might not be as high as other 1st liners due to Hischier being so good. Peoples don't realize that he got in the nhl like 1 year younger than Mich and Demi will.
Hughes has played 20:12 a night over the last 3 years.

Also, I went to points/game and the only thing that changed is Ovechkin moved from 5th to 2nd.

Last edited:

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
p/60 is not linear and is not a reliable stat for projection
I find any stat will be affected when you compare players with dissimilar usage. If you are comparing 1st liner to 1st liner, 3rd liner to 3rd liner, or 1st pair to first pair it works. If you compare a 3rd liner on a relatively deep team to a 1st liner on a weaker team and they have a similar P/60 it does not mean that that 3rd liner would have the same numbers if elevated to a 1st line. In his role he his benefiting from playing against a 3rd D-pair most shifts. That 1st liner looks no better than our great 3rd liner on P/60 but he is doing it against the oppositions best d- pair. But if you are comparing players who play the same role, then most stats tell you something

Reactions: NikolaTesla

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad