F Ivan Demidov - SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
A lot of people predicting this, and a lot of people predicting that. Will either Michkov or Demidov be comparable to Jack Hughes? They aren't right now. But, in the future.....who knows?

Let's see either of them in the show before we start to make definitive statements. Russian players are very hard to predict right now, without viewing them in best on best tournaments against their peers.

Drew4u

Jul 22, 2016
The MHL hasn't produced shit in terms of NHL talent in years. The last two high picks from that league both busted badly (Kravstov, Podzlokin). Again I think these 2 prospects are the most overhyped prospects I've seen in ahwhile, must be a russian thing.

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
The MHL hasn't produced shit in terms of NHL talent in years. The last two high picks from that league both busted badly (Kravstov, Podzlokin). Again I think these 2 prospects are the most overhyped prospects I've seen in ahwhile, must be a russian thing.
so you are saying he is a bust...what is your team so we can make a desperation trade with 1st going your way in addition to Demidov. You in???

Reactions: jfhabs

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
A lot of people predicting this, and a lot of people predicting that. Will either Michkov or Demidov be comparable to Jack Hughes? They aren't right now. But, in the future.....who knows?

Let's see either of them in the show before we start to make definitive statements. Russian players are very hard to predict right now, without viewing them in best on best tournaments against their peers.
and maybe Hughes is still developing and can become Wayne Gretzky.:thumbu:

Nothing is certain in the future after all.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
I think their game speaks for itself but I respect the new and provocative take in a somewhat stale thread

Reactions: jfhabs

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Kravtsov was drafted out of the KHL. How do you not know that ? His record breaking playoffs were why he was drafted so high.

Podkolzin had a couple more games played in the VHL than MHL.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Kravstov played in the KHL and you can’t even spell Podkolzin

Anything else you wanna be wrong about?

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Jesus man you weren't even close on Podkolzin. At least you almost spelled Kravtsov correctly.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
and maybe Hughes is still developing and can become Wayne Gretzky.:thumbu:

Nothing is certain in the future after all.
You’re still at it?! Jesus. How do you not get tired of it? You’re in literally every single Habs related thread talking the same negative shit for like the last 3 years. We get it; you hate the Habs. What do you even get out of this whole schtick/routine? I’m genuinely asking because you’re relentless with it.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
You’re still at it?! Jesus. How do you not get tired of it? You’re in literally every single Habs related thread talking the same negative shit for like the last 3 years. We get it; you hate the Habs. What do you even get out of this whole schtick/routine? I’m genuinely asking because you’re relentless with it.
I don't hate the Habs. There are just a couple Hab's posters who post a lot on the main board that have a lot of bad takes that I feel the need to correct. my response to the person I quoted has nothing to do with the Habs anyway. It's about them saying "who knows".

You are the last person I expected to say this btw. especially after that trade thread you made where a bunch of Hab's fans questioned if you were a troll account or were actually a fan of the Habs.:dunno:

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I had Demidov as the 2nd best prospect in the draft, think there's a good chance he'll end up being the Habs' best forward at some point or at least the most productive.

He sees the ice extremely well, head is always up and cuts up defenders one on one. Really good feel for when to speed it up or slow it down. Still prefer Michkov ultimately, better agility, shot, and edges but I could see Demidov being kind of similar offensively to Kovalev or Datsyuk(offensively). Creates scoring chances unconventionally, gets defenses guessing with his hands.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad