F Ivan Demidov - SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
Yeah, I hope he doesn't make the roster (or rather Rotenberg doesn't make him making the roster) and demands the trade, and SKA will release him on the same terms as Michkov.
Yeah, him & Michkov starting in the NHL at the same time would be cool to see.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Looks like antonio stranges, nothing special

lmiO4N.gif

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ
I can't agree with those that say that Galchenyuk was a bust. Did he meet expectations? No, absolutely not.

He did have however interesting, productive seasons with the Habs.

He ended up being another victim of being a 'star' in Montreal. His off ice demeanor/dedication is what killed his potential.

If Demidov dedicates himself to his profession, his career will be very different than Galchenyuk's. He will lose the 'Demi' and just be a God in Quebec, the likes that haven't been seen in the city since Lafleur left.

Reactions: HabzSauce

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
I can't agree with those that say that Galchenyuk was a bust. Did he meet expectations? No, absolutely not.

He ended up being another victim of being a 'star' in Montreal. His off ice demeanor/dedication is what killed his potential.

If Demidov dedicates himself to his profession, his career will be very different than Galchenyuk's. He will lose the 'Demi' and just be a God in Quebec, the likes that haven't been seen in the city since Lafleur left.
Lafleur comp; nice

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization

galchenyuk is an american product that was developed in canada. there are plenty of canadian and american prospects that should be compared to him, not demidov

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ
Theres a poster on this page who said Demi thinks the game on another level... whats a level above top 3 OA? Is it not generational? Why dint you get offended about that post? Hes been posting way more than me.

Damn you guys have used and abused the word generational for your own prospects the last 20 years and we dint even say a word. Now that we get a hand on a potential underestimated superstar / aka generational you've ptsded some of our frail "alledged" fans to turn on us for your benefit.

I call this bs
'That Poster' is probably the most respected and knowledgeable poster here when it comes to Russian players, and he has not once uttered the word generational when talking about Demidov.

You clearly have a different definition for the word.

For me, the following players that I have seen play that I consider generational are the following:

Lafleur
Gretzky
Lemieux
Crosby
McDavid.

I'm sure that I've missed a couple more off the top of my head, but the list is not much longer.

I do not see Demidov being added to this list one day, as much as I am stoked to have him in this organization. I truly believe that if he reaches his ceiling, he will be the best offensive player that the Habs have had since Lafleur.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
'That Poster' is probably the most respected and knowledgeable poster here when it comes to Russian players, and he has not once uttered the word generational when talking about Demidov.

You clearly have a different definition for the word.

For me, the following players that I have seen play that I consider generational are the following:

Lafleur
Gretzky
Lemieux
Crosby
McDavid.

I'm sure that I've missed a couple more off the top of my head, but the list is not much longer.

I do not see Demidov being added to this list one day, as much as I am stoked to have him in this organization. I truly believe that if he reaches his ceiling, he will be the best offensive player that the Habs have had since Lafleur.

Sure but if you remember last year everyone said Bedard was Generational with the NHL and media analyzing every single breath he took.

So under this context, its only fair to say Demidov is gen too

?? dude you just said Lafleurs was generational...

so you believe Demidov has generational potential to yet you just argued that he dint. ...

make it make sense

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
On a generational level?

Yesssir

And he doesn't "seem" to think the game on a different level.... he does think the game on a different level. Not sure why some of "habs fans" are so pessimistic when they should be more optimistic and when they need to be pessmistic they're all-in pumping the tires of underserving players.

Maybe thats why we have a bad rep afterall
I suspect Habs fans that downplay Demidov talent/potential is because they simply don’t believe we deserve/could have something special. After 20 years with a PPG and nearly 40 since we had a 100 point player… it’s very understandable.

I would just encourage those people to actually watch players like Demidov against their peers…. Its impossible to not see the next level elite talent this kid has

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Sure but if you remember last year everyone said Bedard was Generational with the NHL and media analyzing every single breath he took.

So under this context, its only fair to say Demidov is gen too

?? dude you just said Lafleurs was generational...

so you believe Demidov has generational potential to yet you just argued that he dint. ...

make it make sense
I don’t see where he said he had Lafleur potential or anything. Just said the stardom around him will be bigger than someone like Kovalev and Subban and probably the closest the city of Montreal has seen to Lafleur since he left.

JIMVINNY

Nov 9, 2007
I suspect Habs fans that downplay Demidov talent/potential is because they simply don’t believe we deserve/could have something special. After 20 years with a PPG and nearly 40 since we had a 100 point player… it’s very understandable.

I would just encourage those people to actually watch players like Demidov against their peers…. Its impossible to not see the next level elite talent this kid has
There's nothing wrong with being cautious in our optimism. Far more busts come out of the first round than generational talents do, especially at 5th overall. In fact, of the players you would personally consider "generational," how many of them weren't 1st overall picks?

As easy as it to be excited about a draft pick, when a guy falls to 5th in the draft, it means a minimum 4 teams had at least one player on their list higher than him. Since no one has ever referred to any of the other players available in this draft as generational, I think some pushback on that term is warranted. Could he be? Absolutely. Is is likely? Not even a little bit.

Reactions: Xirik

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad