F Ivan Demidov - SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
So they have no place for Michkov and Buchelnikov but have for Demidov. Demidov is great but he's not even close to Buchelnikov and Michkov right now.

Of course he played just 3:37...

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
So they have no place for Michkov and Buchelnikov but have for Demidov. Demidov is great but he's not even close to Buchelnikov and Michkov right now.

Of course he played just 3:37...
embarrassment of riches

appolagies for being naive with how the KHL operates, but would it be possible to loan these kids out to other KHL franchises until SKA finds them playingtime?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
embarrassment of riches

appolagies for being naive with how the KHL operates, but would it be possible to loan these kids out to other KHL franchises until SKA finds them playingtime?

Well, they have ton of TOI in the VHL playing vs grown men so I think it's good enough for their development. Of course loaning them to, say, Torpedo to play under Larionov with his run & gun style would be cool, but it looks like it won't happen.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
About good/bad schedule. SKA-1946 played its last game on October, 27th. The next game is on November, 11th... Yeah, exactly, more than 2 weeks without a single game.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Watched him in the East vs West game, he more and more looked like a winger version of Malkin (or maybe he'll play center in the NHL like Kuznetsov does). I doubt Ivan will ever be as good as Geno, but his skating, stickhandling, physical game look similar to Malkin's.

Reactions: hockey maniac

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Watched him in the East vs West game, he more and more looked like a winger version of Malkin (or maybe he'll play center in the NHL like Kuznetsov does). I doubt Ivan will ever be as good as Geno, but his skating, stickhandling, physical game look similar to Malkin's.
Not playmaking ability? From what i saw, he reads the game really well, like Malkin. That's where they are most alike.

Last edited:

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I thought the same thing from watching his highlights. I thought he was a center though?

MrGeno101

Sep 11, 2008
Ivan now has 41 points in 24 games for SKA1946. In comparison, Michkov had 38 points in 22 games last year. The opponents was weak today but still impressive with 7 point game. He is like a magician out there, really fun player to watch.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Ivan now has 41 points in 24 games for SKA1946. In comparison, Michkov had 38 points in 22 games last year. The opponents was weak today but still impressive with 7 point game. He is like a magician out there, really fun player to watch.

Michkov had 13 points in 6 games on Varyagi where he had a lot of TOI and good chemistry with linemates. And even on 1946 he scored 9 more goals.

Ivan plays with his elder brother Semyon and they look like Sedins together, Michkov didn't have anyone like this. Still Ivan has good chance for the 1st overall. At least right now. And given there are other interesting kids who gonna compete for the 1st OA, the 2024 draft doesn't look terrible at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad