F Ivan Demidov - SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

He looks very promising but one thing I would like to know is how big is the gap between the top and bottom teams in the MHL as I don't know enough about the league to gauge it.

I know there are huge gaps between top and bottom teams and players in the 3 different CHL leagues.

Caser

May 21, 2013
twitter.com
He looks very promising but one thing I would like to know is how big is the gap between the top and bottom teams in the MHL as I don't know enough about the league to gauge it.

I know there are huge gaps between top and bottom teams and players in the 3 different CHL leagues.
Starting from this season the MHL have split the conferences into halves by the team strength, so even though the gap is there and is indeed notable, it should have less impact that way.

Reactions: wetcoast

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Starting from this season the MHL have split the conferences into halves by the team strength, so even though the gap is there and is indeed notable, it should have less impact that way.

They still will play vs all teams, it's just stronger teams (Gold Division) have more games inside the division and fewer games vs weaker teams from Silver Division. The same way as the division system works in the NHL.

Reactions: Caser

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
They still will play vs all teams, it's just stronger teams (Gold Division) have more games inside the division and fewer games vs weaker teams from Silver Division. The same way as the division system works in the NHL.
All I could find was an Eastern and Western conference with 37 teams total but it's a minor point as Demidov looks electric out there.

MrGeno101

Sep 11, 2008

Another impressive game yesterday. Really exciting player to watch upcoming years.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I haven't seen a clear answer on this, is he the younger brother of U20 Russian player in WJC Semyon Demidov? It's interesting they play for the same club but you don't hear much about it. Semyon might have a professional future.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I haven't seen a clear answer on this, is he the younger brother of U20 Russian player in WJC Semyon Demidov? It's interesting they play for the same club but you don't hear much about it. Semyon might have a professional future.

Well, I watched one of the SKA-1946 games last year, and announcer said they [Demidovs] were brothers. And that announcer is pretty reliable when it comes to SKA players.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Russia badly needs him to be a center. They don’t have anyone that good and younger to play center that’ll match their wingers, goalies, and some of their defensemen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad