F Ivan Demidov - SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AlexanderSemin21

Jun 2, 2022
Medellín, Colombia
Russia badly needs him to be a center. They don’t have anyone that good and younger to play center that’ll match their wingers, goalies, and some of their defensemen.
Yes. Among youngters, i think the only centers worth of attention are Khusnutdinov, Svechkov, Ponomaryev and Morozov. And i suspect all of them lack the offensive upside to have great careers at the highest level. But i also hope they do not turn out like German Rubtsov neither.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yes. Among youngters, i think the only centers worth of attention are Khusnutdinov, Svechkov, Ponomaryev and Morozov. And i suspect all of them lack the offensive upside to have great careers at the highest level. But i also hope they do not turn out like German Rubtsov neither.

Demidov probably won’t be ready to play best on best hockey for about five years, if he ends up as good as expected. By then, Malkin will be retired. Kuznetsov is only 30. Five years from now he’ll be 35. Russia has to hope he ages well. It’s possible to be an effective player at that age, but we don’t know if Kuznetsov will. Last season was a step in the right direction for him.

If Kuznetsov is an effective top 6 center in five years and Demidov turns out as expected and a center, it’ll be a passable top two centers. Those other players you named can become good third line centers. It’s likely at least one of them will.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002

Guslistov is showing some intriguing potential.

Podkolzin and Yurov also have the ability to play in the middle. They should be develped there.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Some LOL defense on those goals but there’s a certain ease and smoothness that he plays with even while doing highly technical stuff that makes him pretty captivating to watch. Wonder if we see him in some VHL games by the end of the year?

Reactions: Muffinalt

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Some LOL defense on those goals but there’s a certain ease and smoothness that he plays with even while doing highly technical stuff that makes him pretty captivating to watch. Wonder if we see him in some VHL games by the end of the year?

I doubt they will send him to the VHL. After Tankov was injured there SKA management isn't eager about sending their top young players to the league. Koromyslov plays either in the KHL or MHL for example.

Demidov scored 1+1 in the 2nd game vs Almaz btw. 5+7 after 10 games.

Lavar Ball

Neva Lost
Apr 23, 2022
Chino Hills, CA

Translation on that Tweet:
Ivan Demidov scored his 19th goal in the MHL and went into a clean fourth place in the TOP-5 of the best scorers under 17 in the history of the League.

Before Nikita Kucherov 10 goals:
5. Kirill Kaprizov (18)
4. Ivan Demidov (19)
3. Richards Bukarts (20)
2. Nikita Kucherov (29)
1. Matvey Michkov (55)

Reactions: User9992

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Translation on that Tweet:
Ivan Demidov scored his 19th goal in the MHL and went into a clean fourth place in the TOP-5 of the best scorers under 17 in the history of the League.

Before Nikita Kucherov 10 goals:
5. Kirill Kaprizov (18)
4. Ivan Demidov (19)
3. Richards Bukarts (20)
2. Nikita Kucherov (29)
1. Matvey Michkov (55)

He scored his 19 and 20 goals. And Bukarts in this company should remind people that sometimes all these records mean nothing.

AlexanderSemin21

Jun 2, 2022
Medellín, Colombia
Listed as RW per eliteprospects, they listed him as a "Forward" before. I do not think he will be a center going forward, otherwise he would be playing center at this level. Also he went from 6'1 to 5'11 lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad