F Ivan Demidov - SKA-1946 St.Petersburg, MHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I mean he’s obviously more competitive than Michkov, that really isn’t up for debate. Puck handling is better too. Michkov has the better shot by far though.

Out of my experience for watching them for last 4 or so years it's very hard to be more competitive than Michkov. Demidov isn't for sure.

And even out of highlights it's obvious that Michkov's puck handling is one of the best in the world. He's pretty close to guys like Kovalev or Datsyuk. Demidov is elite as well, but he isn't better than Michkov. And when it comes to shooting I'd say Demidov isn't that far from Michkov actually.

Reactions: Flynn84

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
It was definitely for Demidov. The hawks have been heavily linked to him for a while. It also makes sense to offer an unprotected 1st for Demidov since he's a 1st overall pick talent. That's not the case with Lindstrom, and there will likely be several players as good as Lindstrom next draft.

The hawks likely offered that package to the habs, and it was rejected quickly. It was reported the habs received several offers for the 5th overall pick.
One from Calgary so they could draft iginla instead of Utah grabbing him.

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
The reaction would be the same on this board if he was drafted by Toronto or the Rangers. A loud minority of whiny posters constantly pollute the main threads anytime a team whose fans they deem 'annoying' is involved. AKA a team with way more fans and therefore threads get more activity, how dare they!

In the case of Montreal, it usually manifests in opinionated know-nothings pontificating about the value or skill of a Montreal player/prospect, being dead wrong 80%+ of the time, but being just as obnoxiously self-assured every future time.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Laughing at the professional victim Habs already crying about inexistent underrating of their new shiny prospect

It's hard to underrate Demidov. though. Even if he's worse than Michkov, it doesn't mean a lot. Basically any prospect is worse than Michkov...

If Demidov was so good, he would have already been playing in the KHL.

It's the same logic as people said if Michkov was so good he would have played for SKA not Sochi...

Reactions: ViD

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Lol you’re off your rocker. Bedard put up 2.5 p/gp in a much, much stronger league than Demidov played in. Demidov put up 2.0 p/gp in the MHL - very impressive numbers, but nowhere near what Bedard did. What exactly have you been smoking? 😂

And the “geopolitical situation” has absolutely nothing to do with it. Russians are getting drafted just fine - Michkov wasn’t even the first Russian taken last year, but according to this narrative, he fell because he’s Russian, otherwise he would’ve went first 😂

The MHL is way less offensive than the WHL.

Look at the offensive production from the best Russian players drafted out of the MHL and the bests from the WHL.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I keep reading and hearing just how good Demidov is. People keep going on and on about him on TV and on here and many other sites.

Honestly question though, I get why CHI went with a dman at #2, but why did Anaheim go off the board a bit and choose Sennecke and also why did CBJ take Lindstrom? I'm genuinely curious about why he slid to #5. And it's not like his contract situation is the reason because there is only 1 year remaining from what I heard(unlike Michkov at the time when he had multiple years remaining on KHL contract). So not much difference at all because Sennecke and Lindstrom I would imagine will be back in junior for atleast another season and possibly longer.

Again, this is just curiousity reasons and I am not trying to trash talk Demidov at all here. What are the red flags with Demidov for Anaheim and CBJ to pass on him if he is considered this damn good?

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
I keep reading and hearing just how good Demidov is. People keep going on and on about him on TV and on here and many other sites.

Honestly question though, I get why CHI went with a dman at #2, but why did Anaheim go off the board a bit and choose Sennecke and also why did CBJ take Lindstrom? I'm genuinely curious about why he slid to #5. And it's not like his contract situation is the reason because there is only 1 year remaining from what I heard(unlike Michkov at the time when he had multiple years remaining on KHL contract). So not much difference at all because Sennecke and Lindstrom I would imagine will be back in junior for atleast another season and possibly longer.

Again, this is just curiousity reasons and I am not trying to trash talk Demidov at all here. What are the red flags with Demidov for Anaheim and CBJ to pass on him if he is considered this damn good?
Teams sometimes go for need more than the best player available. Benefiting whatever team that player then lands to.

-Anaheim usually goes off the board with their picks for whatever reason and does not require anymore skilled wingers. Think they are looking for a Getzlaf like replacement with Sennecke.

- Columbus since existence struggled to have good centers and they wanted 2 big potentially elite centers as 1-2 punch with Fantilli and Lindstrom now.

Reactions: Guess

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Teams sometimes go for need more than the best player available. Benefiting whatever team that player then lands to.

-Anaheim usually goes off the board with their picks for whatever reason and does not require anymore skilled wingers. Think they are looking for a Getzlaf like replacement with Sennecke.

- Columbus since existence struggled to have good centers and they wanted 2 big potentially elite centers as 1-2 punch with Fantilli and Lindstrom now.
I know it's easier said than done, but seems like Anaheim coulda easily played this differently and traded back a bit and get assets yet still get Sennecke when there is a guy like Demidov there and many teams salivating at the opportunity to draft him

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Anaheim list is always pretty different than most lists, and they pretty much never take Russians in Russia. Anaheim had 2 guys at the end they were between(idk if it was sennecke and Demidov/lindstrom or a dmen). I honestly wouldn’t be shocked if Anaheim had solberg in their top 10, they seemed pretty excited to land him. My guess is we really wanted a rhs also(zegras mctavish carlsson and gauthier are all left) This is what madden had to say on Beckett
808ED20E-F9F8-4EE3-A6A2-C5E98E540675.jpeg

They just think there is a ton of room for him to develop grow, and really swinging for the fences with this pick… Demidov is more of a sure thing and will be in NHL asap, we’ll have to wait and see about sennecke.

I don’t mind the pick from Anaheim because I know we don’t take Russians so realistically I doubt Demidov was ever even in the conversation.

I know it's easier said than done, but seems like Anaheim coulda easily played this differently and traded back a bit and get assets yet still get Sennecke when there is a guy like Demidov there and many teams salivating at the opportunity to draft him

I think there were rumors of Columbus and Montreal both liking sennecke a lot too, so maybe a team like Montreal had no reason to trade up because a) they felt comfortable that Demidov would be there at 5 and b) they were comfortable with the back up plan.

Going any further was prob too risky to miss your guy

Last edited:
Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad