Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign F Danton Heinen to 2-Year, $2.25M AAV Contract

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Good pickup. Heinen is a quality utility player that has demonstrated offensive output from a. Depth position.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Slowly but surely, the Canucks are beefing up their bottom six. Heinen and Sherwood are significant upgrades over Lafferty, Di Guiseppe and even Aman.

Canucks just became a lot harder team to play against.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Danton Heinen is really a feel-good story......attended training camp last season with the Bruins on a PTO, and showed enough to earn a one-year deal at the league minimum.

And he turned that opportunity into a 17-goal season, and a two year deal from the Canucks. You have to feel good for the local kid who played his minor hockey in the Lower Mainland.

Reactions: Ladyfan and dwarf

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Bruins fan coning in peace.

I wanted the Bs to sign Heinen. He is a smart player who is very versatile. You can play him on any line, and he will make the players look good. Pasta liked playing with him. He is good on special teams.

Danton gets along well with his teammates (My ST in Boston are right next to the bench) and the coaches all liked him.

Except against Boston I wish him well.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I like this signing. Seems like a much better player than the Virtanen for Heinen days.
Came to post my memory of this as well... lol..

Back in the day comparisons. I just remember Heinen as a bland player without any standout role/niche in the game.... at the time.

This is an excellent deal. Heinen is a jack-of-all-trades two-way forward. Pretty strong shot/chance impacts, has enough skill to make some plays off the rush, solid on exits, and has some forechecking ability. Drop him and Debrusk next to Petey and let 'em cook.

^ Hoping this is accurate and not just those things people say because he's a canucks now. ha.
He's bounced around now... seems like a classic Good enough to acquire/not good enough to keep guys. Will wait to see... what he brings, how he fits..

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
^ Hoping this is accurate and not just those things people say because he's a canucks now. ha.
He's bounced around now... seems like a classic Good enough to acquire/not good enough to keep guys. Will wait to see... what he brings, how he fits..
I've been like the most vocal person here about wanting to add Heinen.

It's not because the Canucks' just signed him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad